I made this Greek Farro Salad for the first time over the weekend and it was so good! I served it with thinly pounded grilled chicken. We dined alfresco on melamine dinnerware.
Greek Farro Salad
To print from e-mail please visit Julesee.com
- 1 1/2 cups farro rinsed and cooked with veggie stock according to package directions
- 1 can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 large cucumber seeded and chopped small (or 4 persian cucumbers)
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic cloves ground on the microplane grater
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cook your farro: In a medium saucepan, combine your rinsed farro with veggie stock. Bring it to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cover. You know your farro is done when all the stock is absorbed and there is no liquid left in the pan. Once it’s done let it cool to room temperature.
- Combine your cooled farro and the rest of your ingredients in a serving bowl.
- In a small liquid measuring bowl, whisk your olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper until emulsified.
- Pour your dressing over your farro salad and toss to coat.
- Ready to serve and dine alfresco!