Fried Rice Salmon Bowls
- 1 pound salmon (I prefer skin off)
- 1/3 cup Trader Joe’s Soyaki
- 1 package shiitake mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 package shredded Brussel sprouts
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup peas (or any veggies you would like)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup white rice (cooked per package directions)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Black sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
Place salmon in a shallow dish. Evenly coat the salmon with the Soyaki and cover. Place it in the fridge and marinate for at least 1 hour (the longer the better). Once it’s done marinating remove it from the sauce and place it on an oiled grill. Grill on medium heat for about 10-15 mins until it’s cooked through.
Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place Brussel spouts and shiitake mushroom on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Add garlic, ginger, and oil toss to coat. Place in the oven and roast for about 10-15 mins. Check at 10 mins to see if the edges of the Brussel sprouts are starting to brown. When the vegetables have finished cooking and are out of the oven, sprinkle with salt to taste.
Place a large skillet on the stove at medium heat. Add one tablespoon of oil to the skillet along with the garlic and ginger. Stir fry until fragrant. Next, add onions and stir-fry until translucent. Add vegetables and continue to stir-fry until they are tender but still crisp. Then, add rice and continue to stir-fry for 2-3 mins. Next, add soy sauce and sesame oil and stir-fry all together. Form a small hole in the middle of the pan and add egg. Stir-fry the egg and the rest of the ingredients together until the egg is cooked.
Add some of the salmon, vegetables, and fried rice into a bowl. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds, serve, and enjoy!