- Ulla Johnson Kiri Dress
- Veronica Beard Camilla Quilted Denim Jacket
- Stone & Strand Nailed It Pave Diamond Ring
- Juice Beauty CC Cream Gives you a natural glow with just enough coverage and SPF.
- Jane Win Baby Heart Love Earrings Cute Valentine’s Day Gift.
- Ursa Major Recovery Cream
- Mansur Dream Ballerina Flat Runs small size up 1 full size.
My cozy sweatshirt edit listed below.
- Richer Poorer Recycled Crew Sweatshirt Love the classic grey color.
- Entireworld Loopback Sweatshirt Comes in 12 different colors.
- I Stole My Boyfriends California Sweatshirt So soft and cozy.
- Spiritual Gangster Sweatshirt & matching pant. 30% off at Carbon 38 (above pic runs big).
- The Great College Heart Sweatshirt & matching pant. Cute Valentine’s day gift.
- Sporty & Rich Cotton Jersey Sweatshirt
- Anine Bing City Love Sweatshirt
- Clare V Tie Dye Sweatshirt
- & Other Stories Boxy Cropped Sweatshirt
- The Great Shrunken Sweatshirt I love the khaki color way.
Roasted Chickpeas make a great snack or I like to add them to salads or Nourish Bowls.
Za'atar Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 can of chickpeas drained
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Za‘atar (or any seasoning of choice)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Drain can of chickpeas and pat them dry.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Place your chickpeas on the tray and drizzle with olive oil making sure to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and Zaatar spice and toss to combine. (any other spice you like will work)
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25-35 mins depending on how hot your oven is. You know they are done when they are completely crisp.
Varley is a performance fashion brand founded in 2015 by Ben and Lara Mead. Born in Los Angeles and raised in London, Varley draws inspiration from both locales, designed for the confident multitasking women to go from fitness and leisure. It’s the perfect line for our new found casual lifestyle. To see the whole collection click here, some highlights below.
- Mentone Chunky Knit Cotton Pullover Love this sweater (above picture).
- Varley Earl Boxy Jacket
- Appelton Fleece Pullover
- Vine Pullover
- Cove Wrap Jacket
- Duray Pullover
My Miscellaneous Purchases of the week
I hope everyone has a great weekend it’s going to be a warm one in LA!
I came up with this dish as a vegetarian entree for my daughter when I make my Poggio Piglia chicken. Turns out the whole family loved it, so I wanted to share it with all of you.
- 2 cups farro cooked per package directions
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 large garlic gloves chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped olives *I used kalamata
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1/2 can of tomato sauce
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock (optional)
- Warm your medium sized Dutch Oven to medium heat.
- Once your pan is hot, pour olive oil and sauté your onion, garlic, black olives, capers, and rosemary.
- Next, add your farro and tomato tomato sauce.
- Bring it to a simmer, cover, and cook on low for about 15 mins.
- If your farro becomes too thick add vegetable stock while simmering.
- The Frankie Shop Knit Shrug Set Comes in three different colors.
- A.P.C Corduroy Trousers
- Celine Cat Eye Sunglasses
- Ferain Wedgwood Cameo 9k Signet Ring
- LastFrame Ichimatsu Checked Knit Bag
- Sophie Buhai 18kt Gold Hoop Earrings
- Drogheria Crivellini Mary Janes Comes in 8 different colors just restocked at Alex Mill.
- Made for Living by Amber Lewis
- Isabel Marant Mobyi Graphic Sweatshirt
- Mother Denim Kick It High Rise Flare
- Northface Cuff Box Beanie
- H&M Hooded Puffer Jacket Comes in 3 different colors.
- Inex Gear Face Mask The shape of this mask help minimize fogging sunglasses.
- Porte & Paire Faux Shearling Slides
- Entireworld Recycled Cotton Tee (not pictured above).
Yesterday I spent time updating my Women’s Shop you can check it out here.
Chipotle Vegetarian Chili
- 1 sweet potato cubed
- 1/2 of one medium onion chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped into cubes
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 red pepper diced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 peppers smashed from chipotle adobo (if you’re sensitive to spice you might want to cut this down)
- 1 can of black beans drained
- 1 can of pinto beans drained
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock optional
- Bring a medium sized dutch oven to med high heat.
- Sauté your sweet potatoes, onion, and red peppers for about 2-3 mins.
- Next add your zucchini and garlic continue to sauté for about 2-3 more mins.
- Add your cumin, chili powder, and salt and stir.
- Add black beans, pinto beans, chipotle peppers, and tomato sauce.
- Bring the chili to a simmer and cover for about 20 mins, until your sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- I prefer a thicker chili but you can add vegetable stock to get your desired consistency.
New Year new gear!
- Parker Thatch Personalized Canvas Tennis Bag Comes in several different colors.
- Adidas Tennis Skirt & Tennis Match Short Love the army green color way!
- Tory Burch Terry Tennis Crew
- Lululemon Swiftly Short Sleeve Shirt long sleeve version here.
- Rowing Blazers Malibu Tennis Sweatshirt On sale.
- Tory Burch Tech Knit Jacket
- Alo Ambience Graphic Short
- Nike Dry Fit Tennis Skirt
- Adidas Defiant Multicourt Tennis Shoe
- Tory Burch Convertible Stripe Tennis Tote
- Adidas by Stella McCartney Sweatshirt
- 14k Gold Tennis Racquet Heart Necklace (not pictured above)
Happy Friday everyone! To start the New Year off right, I reached out to Marjan Afshar who is a Functional Nutritionist/ R.D. to hear her thoughts on nutrition, exercise, and overall wellness.
Julie : Tell me a little about yourself and your background in nutrition?
Marjan : My journey in Nutrition and Wellness began when I was studying Pre-med in college. I developed this passion from the nutrition classes I took and learned more and more about how food is medicine and the internal/external benefits that clean eating has on your body. I continued my education through the years and became a Registered Dietician, Holistic wellness coach, and did years and years of self education/ research while being a busy mom of 3 kids and a wife. With my background and passion, everything has followed in a natural progression and my ability to help others has truly planted its own seeds, and I love sharing the abundance of what I’ve planted with my clients.
Julie : Tell me about what you do for your clients and ways you would like to expand your business?
Marjan : My main Goal for my clients is to give them the ability to believe in themselves and find the right system for their unique DNA creation. We are all built with a different creation and I love tweaking and mixing plans for my clients. I usually start my clients with a reset to detox their bodies from the buildup that’s been accumulated through the years. Once the reset is accomplished, I provide my clients with custom designed plans that consists of clean eating regimens and wellness rituals.
Julie : Any tips for starting off the new year right with a clean and healthy lifestyle?
Marjan : 2021 is definitely the perfect year to reward yourself to indulge into the areas of your life that you want to improve. The opportunities and desires you have for yourself are limitless and I want you to believe in that power. I would suggest starting a new time-lined spiritual detox (yoga, daily meditation) combined with a functional food detox which will to help eliminate the stress buildup in our bodies from this past year. This will provide you with a clean slate and will inevitably allow you to start accomplishing your goals/resolutions.
Julie : Morning Ritual ?
Marjan : I try to start my day with a quick meditation and a few breathing exercises to allow myself to center with how my body is feeling that morning. I then start my day with a cup of hot water and the juice of 1/2 small lemon which wakes up my digestive system while I read my emails, while my coffee is brewing.
Julie : What is your daily vitamin regimen?
Marjan : I’m very picky when it comes to many vitamins that my clients or myself take because so many vitamins are sourced commercially and I believe that vitamins need to be sourced from the outmost highest quality. My staple vitamins that take daily are Multi Vitamins, Vitamin C, D3, Omega 3, a Turmeric supplement and at night I take Magnesium/Collagen blend before bed (Beauty and sleep blend by Ancient Nutrition). I add supplements and tweak supplements and adaptogens to my regimen when I think my body needs it.
Julie : What type of yoga do you practice and do you have a favorite online class?
Marjan : Kundalini Yoga is my favorite type of Yoga,. It is a physical and spiritual practice that uses breath-work and sounds combined with yoga poses to create a reenergizing experience that has allowed me to eliminate what doesn’t emotionally/mentally serve me well anymore. I practice Thursday mornings on a virtual Facebook Live with Alexandra Reza at 9:00am and Friday mornings on IG live with “limitlessstrength’ at 8:00am.
Julie : Favorite workout outfit?
Julie : What are your five kitchen must haves?
Marjan : A small food processor for my pestos and nut cremes. A Vitamix for my daily smoothies, nut milks and soups. wooden spoons from Williams Sonoma because they come in all shapes and sizes, last long and great for not letting toxins leach into the food while cooking. Le Creuset or Green Pans are my favorite choice of cookware. Parchment paper because I bake and roast so often.
Julie : What is your guilty pleasure?
Marjan : Japanese Mochi Ice Cream and French Red Wine.
Julie : What are your must have items that everyone should stock in their pantry?
Marjan : My pantry is always packed with a variety of seeds, nuts and nut flours. I always have a good variety of gluten free ramen noodles because we eat bowls and ramen soups with lots of veggies so often. A variety of good quality extra virgin olive oil from different regions is one of my favorite sections of my pantry because each olive oil has a unique flavor and reminds me of our summer holidays.
Julie : What is your favorite Fall purchase?
Marjan : Our Peloton treadmill
Julie : What are your key elements that keep you cozy in your home?
Julie : What is your favorite recipe?
Marjan : Sunflower butter chocolate chip cookies that are packed with nutrients and still so satisfying. You can find the recipe here.
Thank you Marjan for answering all my questions. You can follow Marjan on her IG account Makemefeelgoodfood where she shares healthy lifestyle tips and recipes. Have a great weekend!
- La Ligne Olivia Sweater The Rack
- La Ligne Melange Cotton Stripe Sweater The Rack
- La Ligne x Armor Lux Fisherman Sweater The Rack
- La Ligne Stripe Cotton Light Weight Sweater The Rack
- La Ligne Marin Wool & Cashmere Sweater Nordstrom
- La Ligne Striped Half Zipped Sweater Nordstrom
- La Ligne Marled Crewneck Sweater 100% cotton Nordstrom
- La Ligne Mini Marin Sweater Above picture.
To check out all La Ligne sale at Nordstrom Rack click here.
I saw this picture of Jessie Randall (founder Loeffler Randall) wearing Stan Ray overalls, and I love the way she styled them with a pouf sweater and floral top. I rounded up my favorite overalls and listed them below.
- Stan Ray Bib Natural Above picture (limited sizing).
- Christy Dawn Billy Overall
- Dickies Relaxed Overall
- Levi’s Vintage Overall
- Jesse Kam Overall
The girls needed some casual basics so here’s what we ordered.
- H&M Turtleneck Cream Sweater
- H&M Ribbed Black Mock Turtleneck
- Top Shop Black Skinny Jeans
- Madewell Gold Hoops
- Sam Edelman Lugged Sole Chelsea Boots
- All Saints Pyramid Studded Belt
- Pearl Velvet Scrunchies
- Burgundy & Black Air Jordan
- Top Shop Black Ribbed Flare Leggings
- H&M Cropped Grey Cardigan
- Levi Black Straight Leg Jeans
- Gold Filled Button Bracelet My daughter is making these bracelets and donating a percentage of proceeds to Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. An updated version of the chainlink bracelet.