Sets in the above pictures listed below.
Yesterday I hosted a small gathering to celebrate my sister’s birthday. I used mini wooden bread boards (that I got from my friend) and made individual cheese boards. The boards had sharp cheddar, brie, seasoned cashews (from this week’s Thai Chicken dish), olives, apple slices, crackers, olive bread, and rosemary garnish. For lunch I served three different salads (Mediterranean Quinoa, Italian Chopped, and Nectarine Fennel & Arugula). Drinks consisted of Skinny Margaritas, Mimosa’s, and mint iced tea. I decorated with colorful Gerber Daisies and spread Turkish towels (these make a great gifts) around the yard. It was a fun way to celebrate my sister’s birthday.
Hope everyone has a nice long weekend!
Although I’m preparing for Fall mentally the reality is I’m going to be wearing cotton flowy dresses for the next couple of months with temps rising to the upper 90’s this weekend. With that being said, this gorgeous poppy colored Vienna Maxi just got restocked at Mirth. Also worth checking out is the Sydney Taupe Stripe which can easily be transitioned into Fall with a chunky knit thrown over it.
The Shacket Trend ( shirt/jacket) from last season is still going strong. It started with the Anine Bing Bobbie Jacket which has now evolved into the Maeve Jacket, but there are so many more high low options listed below.
- Oversized Shirt Jacket & Other Stories, $149.
- Fringed Shacket H&M, $69.99.
- Felted Shacket H&M, $49.99.
- Checked Wool Jacket Mango, $129.99.
- Darren Shirt Jacket Anthropologie, $148. Above pic.
- Isabel Marant Gastoni Jacket Net-a-Porter, $560.
- Maeve Jacket Anine Bing, $399.
- Vienna Brushed Shirt Jacket Free People, $228.
- Raw Edge Muscle Tank Madewell, $39.50.
- Mother Denim Tomcat High Waist Button Fly Nordstrom, $238. Ordered these along with The Tripper with Butterfly Patch from yesterday’s Instagram story.
- Isabel Marant Breedalia Printed Knit Jacket Saks, $560.
- Saint Laurent Toy North/South Star Perforated Tote Nordstrom, $1450.
- Personalized Signet Ring Sarah Chloe, $118. Sarah Chloe has a great selection of signet rings check them all out here.
- Isabel Marant Lighting Patch Sneaker Nordstrom, $495.
Over the weekend I put together floral arrangements for a small outside gathering. I used distressed painted mason jars in bright colors for the vases. Painted mason jars are my go to when doing colorful floral arrangements. Click here to learn how to make them at home. I picked up greenery and florals at Trader Joe’s and was able to create a beautiful table setting that was simple and easy to execute. It went perfectly with the boho picnic vibe we were were trying to achieve.
Materials for Painting Mason Jars
I’m starting to think about Fall outerwear and quilted jackets are definitely making the cut.
- Boxy Quilted Jacket & Other Stories, $129.
- Double Breasted Quilted Jacket & Other Stories, $129.
- Rag & Bone Quilted Jacket Liner Nordstrom, $495.
- Belted Quilted Coat Mango, $149.99. Coming soon, so cute!
- Z Supply Maya Quilted Jacket Shopbop, $98. Love the olive color way.
Along with the quilted selection above, & Other Stories just got in the following.
- Organic Cotton Cutaway Tank Everlane, $18
- Frame Le Beau Cropped Chino Pant Saks, $123. On sale.
- Charlie Fringe Wool Cashmere Cardigan Intermix, $298.
- Benefit Bad Gal Bang Mascara Revolve, $25. My new favorite mascara.
- Proenza Schouler RS1 Mini Crossbody Shopbop, $945. Also love the micro mini in black. Great crossbody bag!
- Onitsuka Tiger GSM Sneaker Shopbop, $90.
I’ve taken a somewhat of a hiatus from denim and opted for free flowing dresses these past couple of months. I’m now starting to yearn for denim so here’s what will be arriving in the next couple of weeks from Nordstrom.
I plan on wearing my denim with the above nautical stripe top and cotton sweaters.
I love the Chanel Mary Jane’s Leis Sfez is wearing and found some similar look for less options.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Photo: Leia Sfez
- 1 head of cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne *optional (omit if you don’t like spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 425° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place your cauliflower florets on the sheet tray.
- Combine all of your spices in a small ramekin.
- Drizzle olive oil over your cauliflower florets and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle your spice mixture evenly over your cauliflower.
- Place your sheet tray in the oven and roast until golden brown about 20 mins.
Here’s a great outfit that can transition you from Summer into Fall. Khaki trousers are a standout trend for the season.
- Classic Cropped Jersey T-Shirt Intermix, $58
- Cropped Cotton Wide Leg Pant Double RL, $290. Also love the Double RL Cotton Utility Pant & Apiece Apart Encanta Pant.
- The Great Shrunken Sweatshirt Shopbop, $185 (additional sizing here). Also found the shrunken fit on sale here in grey.
- Caddis Blue Light Glasses Shopbop, $95.
- Moreau Nacelle Cuir Bucket Bag 24S, $2400 & Moreau Bregancon Mini Zip Pull Bag 24S, $2600 (solid color leather).
- Veja Sneaker Shopbop, $140.
Big collars are Front & Center stage this fall season. Picks listed below.
- Star Collar Ruffle Blouse Topshop, $58. Above picture on the left.
- Topshop Victorian Puff Sleeve Blouse Nordstrom, $58. Above picture on the right.
- Topshop Broiderie Anglaise Poet Shirt Nordstrom, $68.
- Button Up Collar Top & Other Stories, $89.
- Doen Rune Scalloped Poplin Blouse Net-a-Porter, $190.
- Doen Etta Ruffled Broderie Anglasie Blouse Net-a-Porter, $228.
- Wide Collar Knit Sweater & Other Stories, $89.
- LOVESHACKFANCY Canna Top Revolve, $325.
SALE ALERT! Before we get into the above outfit Shopbop just marked down 1000+ new sale items. Check out the entire sale here. Highlights include Bell Kylie Dress // Xirena Rex Pant // Xirena Draper Pant // Xirena Winslow Dress // Celia B Dress // Juliet Dunn Dress // Ulla Calliope Top // AGOLDE Ripley Mid Rise Straight Jean // AMO Easy Trouser // Reformation Seychelles Top //
Emma Hill always looks so put together with the perfect mix of classic with a modern twist. Khaki blazer (blazers are continuing to be a big trend for fall), cream jeans, and converse. Outfit details below.