I have been coveting The A sneaker by Aquazurra ever since I saw Giovanna Engelbert sporting a red suede pair last year. She’s switched it up a bit at NYFW (below) and wore a black and white pair with a feminine polka dot dress…love!
- LoveShackFancy Arabella Nordstrom, $245. Also like the Devon and Pippa by LoveShackFancy.
- Ray-Ban 58mm Aviator Sunglasses Nordstrom, $153.
- Maison Irem Initial Necklace Shopbop, $145.
- Re/Done Originals 50’s Cigarette Jean Shopbop, $265.
- Kim Military Jacket Anine Bing, $249.
- Missoma Claw Clove Cuff Nordstrom, $95.
- Aquazurra The A Sneaker Red/Navy/Leopard (so cute!) Farfetch, $430. Green suede here red here black/white here.
First it was the Bottega pouch then the square toe sandal and now it’s the Bottega horseshoe belt (above) that Lisa Aiken was spotted wearing at NYFW. Bottega is big! Below are some additional belt options.
- Lizzie Fortunato Wide Georgia Belt Shopbop, $240.
- Lizzie Fortunato Skinny Georgia Belt Shopbop, $195.
- Gucci Horsebit Belt Net-a-Porter, $450.
- Chloe Leather Belt Net-a-Porter, $555.
- Isabel Marant Judd Belt Net-a-Porter, $400.
- Teegan Waist Belt Free People, $148.
NYFW Spring 2020 is well underway and that means a lot of chic fashion filled streets. I noticed simplistic basics mixed with cool accessories. Monochromatic dressing is big with suiting and separates. People are mad about plaid with kilts, checked pants, blazers, and belted jackets. It’s preppy with an edge this season!
Although it’s sweltering in Los Angeles I can’t help but get into fall mode. This weekend I stocked up on some much needed basics at Everlane (the best for affordable button downs, tee’s, and sweaters). I also listed some preppy with an edge must have pieces for fall below.
- Common Projects Combat Boot Nordstrom, $695. Love!
- Apiece Apart Marston Pant Goop, $315. Slimmer leg then the Merida pant and they have stretch. Very comfortable.
- Alex Mill Marine Stripe Sweater Nordstrom, $98.
- Tod’s New Light Penny Loafer Nordstrom, $625. Loafers are big this season.
- Henley Waffle Tee Everlane, $38. All Everlane tops run big I always size down. I got the xxsmall.
- Kick Crop Work Pant Everlane, $60. Really comfortable they have a lot of stretch. The pants at Everlane run true to size.
- Soft Cotten Crew Everlane, $50. I got the dark blue twist.
- Texture Cardigan Everlane, $98. Cardigans are big for fall.
- Short Sleeve Cashmere Tee Everlane, $90. Cute fit.
- Link Stitch Crewneck Sweater Everlane, $75. I like the bone.
- The Day Glove Everlane, $115. A consistent best seller at Everlane.
Katie Holmes became an accidental influencer last week when she was spotted wearing a barely there Khaite cashmere cardigan and bralette while hailing a cab in NYC. The week before it was her white double breasted Saint Laurent blazer and denim mini. Now it’s this killer asymmetrical dress she wore to the Zimmermann Madison Ave store to kick off NYFW. I love this edgier look a departure from her usual boho chic style.
- Espionage Lace Panelle Dress Zimmermann, $530.
- Croc Effect Clutch Alexander McQueen look for less Coach, $195.
- Blazer is Saint Laurent look for less Topshop Suit Blazer, Club Monaco, Other Stories, and Mango (faux leather blazer).
- Rag & Bone Stretch Booties Shopbop, $525 or Loeffler Randall Kassidy Bootie Shopbop, $395.
- Amo Skip Jumpsuit Bergdorf Goodman, $398.
- Citizens of Humanity Marta Jumpsuit Revolve, $388. Click here for denim.
- Dickies Twill Coveralls Nordstrom, $89.
- The Great Cropped Boiler Suit Net-a-Porter, $375.
- Xirena Wilson Jumpsuit Neiman Marcus, $352.
- Belted Denim Jumpsuit & Other Stories, $129.
- Free People Gia Coveralls Nordstrom, $128.
- Alex Mill Expedition Jumpsuit Nordstrom, $198.
- Modern Utility Jumpsuit Everlane, $100.
Double breasted blazers and dresses are the current fall must have. Priyanka Chopra was spotted wearing this chic Reformation mini over the weekend in NYC. Btw I say
- Maxwell Dress Reformation, $250 (additional sizing here). Dress in the above picture.
- L’Agence Keely Blazer Dress Saks, $595. This one is sleeveless.
- Topshop Belted Blazer Dress Nordstrom, $100.
- A.L.C. Friedman Blazer Dress Neiman Marcus, $450.
- Anine Bing Francoise Blazer Mini Nordstrom, $449.
- Rotate N. 23 Double Breasted Dress Saks, $530.
- Tibi Blazer Dress Net-a-Porter, $795.
A shirtdress is a great piece that can transition from summer into fall. Throw a sweater over it for an evening out. I love the way Gwyneth Paltrow is wearing it above with white Birkenstocks and simple jewelry.
- Alex Mill Shirtdress Nordstrom, $86. On Sale! Lots of Alex Mill on sale at Nordstrom (shop here).
- Pinstripe Shirtdress Everlane, $80. Belted version here.
- Vince Oversize Shirtdress Nordstrom, $206
- Pinstripe Shirtdress Frame, $375.
- Frank & Eileen Button Down Dress Shopbop, $248.
- Short Puff Sleeve Dress Goop, $395.
- Arizona White Birkenstock Dillards, $99.
- Axiom Chain Link Bracelet Missoma, $123. Similar to above.
- Leather Fringe Bag Mansur Gavriel, $695. Love the way this color bag looks with a blue and white pinstripe dress. Also comes in mini.
Love this look!
- Saint Laurent Blazer FWRD. Look for less Veronica Beard & REISS & Madewell. The oversized double breasted blazer is a key trend for Fall.
- Celine Special Fit 49m Cat Eye Sunglasses Nordstrom, $400.
- Saint Laurent Camera Bag Nordstrom, $995. Similar to above. Look for less Madewell.
- ATM Schoolboy Cotton Crewneck Nordstrom, $85.
- Re/Done 60’s denim skirt Shopbop, $225. Look for less Madwell.
- Alexander McQueen Sneaker Matches Fashion, $550. Look for less Steven.
Jessica Alba is on her way to work in this casual, comfy, and chic outfit. Details below.
- Brushed Twill High Waist Wide Leg Pants Lou & Grey, $79.50.
- Oblique Diorcamp Messenger Bag Dior, $3200.
- Le Specs Cat Eye Sunglasses Net-a-Porter, $69.
- Button Up Gauze Top Frame, $156 or Xirena Francie Top.
- Gucci Princetown Mule Nordstrom, $695. Similar to above.
Scandinavian women are renowned across the globe for their minimalistic, comfortable and cool clothes. I was witness to their chic style when I was there in May. Copenhagen fashion week just kicked off. There are definitely some standout trends being spotted on the streets. I will highlight them below. Scandinavian brands taking center stage at Fashion week are Ganni, Saks Potts, Marlene Birger, and Sophie Bille Brahe.
- White Cat Eye Sunglasses like these by Saint Laurent ( look for less here).
- Jumpsuits like this one from Goop, Alex Mill, and Everlane.
- Western Boots like these, and these by Ganni. ( look for less here).
- Lots of clutches and especially ones from Bottega like this, this, and this.
- Oversized Blazers like this one from Ganni, Frame, Madewell, and Anine Bing.
- Dresses with oversized sleeves like this and this by Rotate by Birger Christensen.
Photos:@vogue and @thestylestalker
Denim trend alert! Front yolk’s are being seen on many jeans this season. This front stitching detail adds a little flare to our everyday jeans.
- Frame V-Yoke Straight Leg Jean Nordstrom, $245
- GRLFRND Rossana Jean Revolve, $248
- Mother Denim Swooner Yolk Jean Shopbop, $187 click here for the denim short version. Jeans in the above picture.
- Closed Glow Jeans Shopbop, $315 The yolk detailing is on the back of these jeans.
- Re/Done Double Yoke Jean Shopbop, $295
I love this Street Chic look Jennifer Aniston was spotted wearing while out and about. I’ve recreated the look below.
- J Crew Regent Blazer J. Crew, $198 30% off with code GETAWAY.
- Nili Lotan Shon Pant Nili Lotan, $375 for a more slim leg I love the Frame Carpenter Jean Shopbop, $245.
- Garret Leight Hampton Sunglasses Need Supply, $340.
- Balenciaga BB Quilted Leather Bag Net-a-Porter, $1.090.
- Jenni Kayne Heeled Chelsea Boot Nordstrom, $540.
- ATM Slub Jersey Boyfriend Tee Nordstrom, $95.
- Rolex Oyster La Californienne Watch Goop, $8,400.
I went on a quick trip to Copenhagen over Memorial Day weekend. I was enamored by the chic Scandinavian fashion flooding the streets. The first thing I noticed is the practicality of their dressing. Since the main mode of transportation is biking, comfort plays a key role in their dressing. I saw a lot of feminine loose fitting floral skirts and dresses mixed with trench coats, oversized blazers, and leather jackets. Most women had sneakers on with an emphasis on the dad sneaker and Veja’s. I also saw the Teva inspired sandal on many women since the weather is just starting to warm up.
I stayed at the Hotel Skt Petri and bumped into Janka Polliani who was with Annabel Rosendahl and the rest of the Scandinavian fashionistas who were in town planning Copenhagen Fashion week. Janka (who couldn’t be nicer) was decked out in an oversized black blazer, Nylon Prada shorts, The Row Bare sandals, and carrying a red Bottega oversized pouch (current must have accessory). Below are some stand-outs from my trip.
- I couldn’t help but notice how many Jerome Dreyfuss bags were being worn in Copenhagen. Shop them here.
- Pant legs were cropped and wide similar to these new Slim Emmett Wide Leg Crops…love!
- The Teva inspired sandal like these from The Row, and these by Arizona Love were a standout.
- Embellished Trench coats like coats like this one from Coach. The trench in the above picture is by Sofie Schnoor and can be purchased here.
- Patterned dresses like this one by Toteme, and this Ganni Skirt (on-sale). I also saw someone wearing this gorgeous Stine Goya Mini with chunky sneakers very chic!
- I did some shopping at Arket which I love. Arket started in Sweden and is a modern day market for men, women, children, and the home. They have them all over Europe and hoping it comes to the States.
- Delicate jewelry like these Annie Lu Earrings were in several of the boutiques.
I loved Copenhagen and can’t wait to go back and explore more of the city.