Danish influencers Thora Valdimars and Jeanette Friis Madsen founded ROTATE Birger Christensen in collaboration with the Copenhagen-based concept store. With a focus on mini dresses, the duo designs pieces that they dream of having in their own closets. ROTATE was definitely a stand out this year at Copenhagen fashion week.
- White Midi Wrap Dress Mytheresa, $302. White dress in the above picture.
- Asymmetric Crepe Wrap Mini Net-a-Porter, $430.
- Black Crepe Midi Dress Mytheresa, $240.
- Blazer Dress Moda Operandi, $530.
- V-neck Pleated Midi Mytheresa, $208.
- Off the Shoulder Sequin Dress Mytheresa, $498 Click here for pink.
Photo: Thora Valdimars & Jeanette Friis
- Joseph Rib Knit Turtleneck Sweater Moda Operandi, $565. Look for less & Other Stories.
- Valet Set of 2 Kelly Clips Shopbop, $38.
- Meadow Mini Camera bag Leatherology, $195.
- Toteme Pomerance Gathered Crepe Top Moda Operandi, $350.
- J Brand Joan Cropped Corduroy Jean Net-a-Porter, $228.
- Inez Linen Mini Dress by Sir The Label Moda Operandi, $340.
- L.F. Markey Danny Jumpsuit Net-a-Porter, $243 also like this Apiece Apart one.
- Anine Bing Lou Sweatshirt Shopbop, $169.
- Veja Bastille Sneaker Moda Operandi, $150.
- Thierry Lasry Unicorny Cat Eye Sunglasses Moda Operandi, $345.
- Vince Cropped Belted Jacket Moda Operandi, $495 also love this Other Stories shearling one.
- Something Navy Silk Midi Nordstrom, $79. Not pictured above.
Photo: Funda Christophersen
How cute is this Free People denim mini that has an Ulla Johnson feel but not an Ulla Johnson price tag. This denim mini is on trend with its poofy shoulders and western inspired look. Accessorize it with western booties like these, these, or these and your outfit is done!
Jessica Alba is on her way to work in this casual, comfy, and chic outfit. Details below.
- Brushed Twill High Waist Wide Leg Pants Lou & Grey, $79.50.
- Oblique Diorcamp Messenger Bag Dior, $3200.
- Le Specs Cat Eye Sunglasses Net-a-Porter, $69.
- Button Up Gauze Top Frame, $156 or Xirena Francie Top.
- Gucci Princetown Mule Nordstrom, $695. Similar to above.
J. Crew just rolled out new colorful hues of their Everyday Cashmere Sweater. What’s even more exciting is you can monogram your sweater which I LOVE! The camel color way with a JW is already in my cart (click here to shop). Some additional things to check out at J. Crew are this new Slip Skirt, Embroidered Blouse, Los Angeles Sweatshirt, Leopard Cashmere Sweater, and Ribbed Henley (use sale code FALLFAVES for 25% off).
SALE ALERT! Shopbop is having a shoe and bag sale with up to 75% off (shop here). Some standouts are this Simon Miller bag, Loeffler Randall booties, Ulla Johnson sandals, Clare V tote bag, Clare V midi sac, Sam Edelman sandals, and Alexandre Birman sandals.
Kick-start your week with this cute outfit!
- Birds of Paradis Carla Blouse Shopbop, $250 also love this Plaid Top too.
- Trademark Greta Leather Shoulder Bag Net-a-Porter, $174 Isabel Marant look for less.
- C & H Binx Jacket Shopbop, $398 I love the length of this utility jacket.
- Mother The Tie Patch Rambler Ankle Nordstrom, $268. The paperbag jean is a big trend.
- Rachel Comey Cuff Suede Sandals Need Supply, $450.
- Roxanne Assoulin Brioche Enamel Bracelets Moda Operandi, $270
I stopped by the Wendy Foster boutique in Montecito and stumbled upon this cotton Innika Choo top. It’s a bit cropped with smocking at the collar and flower embroidery. The tie detailing at the sleeves give it a fun feminine feel.
- Innika Choo Farrah Weydrims Top Blue Gingham Goop, $185.
- Innika Choo Oliver Daily Gray/Pink Linen Matches Fashion, $283.
- Innika Choo Ramie Top Pink Cotton Matches Fashion, $246.
- Innika Choo Smocked Linen Blouse Matches Fashion, $202.
- Innika Choo Hope Top Saks, $105. Check out Innika Choo SALE here.
Jeans in the above picture are Paige Sarah slim crop and sneakers are Golden Goose.
In other news Loeffler Randall just launched a capsule collection . Check it out here. Their new apparel line features feminine dresses and tops that compliment their signature shoes.
It was time for a Vans refresh and this time around I opted for the platform version of the classic slip-on. I love the way the checkerboard Vans look with a boho summer dress like the one above.
Vans Platform Classic Slip-On
Scandinavian women are renowned across the globe for their minimalistic, comfortable and cool clothes. I was witness to their chic style when I was there in May. Copenhagen fashion week just kicked off. There are definitely some standout trends being spotted on the streets. I will highlight them below. Scandinavian brands taking center stage at Fashion week are Ganni, Saks Potts, Marlene Birger, and Sophie Bille Brahe.
- White Cat Eye Sunglasses like these by Saint Laurent ( look for less here).
- Jumpsuits like this one from Goop, Alex Mill, and Everlane.
- Western Boots like these, and these by Ganni. ( look for less here).
- Lots of clutches and especially ones from Bottega like this, this, and this.
- Oversized Blazers like this one from Ganni, Frame, Madewell, and Anine Bing.
- Dresses with oversized sleeves like this and this by Rotate by Birger Christensen.
Photos:@vogue and @thestylestalker
This summer it’s ok to be square and by square I mean square shaped sandals.
- Balenciaga Black Metal Sandals SSENSE, $850.
- By Far Tanya Net-a-Porter, $385 & Thalia Shopbop, $418, & Courtney Moda Operandi, $418.
- Lamb Ankle Strap Sandal Mansur Gavriel, $240 & Mansur Fino Sandal (on sale).
- Padded Flat Sandals Bottega Veneta, $690.
- ATP Ceci Buckle Sandal Moda Operandi, $350.
- Square Toe Lace Up Sandals & Other Stories, $129.
- Lilla Wrap Sandal Loeffler Randall, $195.
- Twin Strap Sandals Dear Frances, $350. Sandals in the above picture.
Photo: Jessie Bush @wethepeople.
Over the weekend we went out to dinner at the Firehouse Hotel Restaurant in The Arts District in DTLA. It’s right next door to Bon Temps which is next on our restaurant list. The menu was so simple yet refreshing because it was back to basics. One of the appetizers we ordered was mozzarella sticks (have not had one in ages) so it inspired me to make them at home. I tried to recreate a healthier version and skipped the frying and opted for baking them instead. They turned out great!
- 1 package mozzarella cheese sticks *I like the Horizon Organic brand but any will work.
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp panko crumbs
- 2 tsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano, basil, or parsley *whatever you have
- olive oil spray
- Cut cheese in half. Place cheese in the freezer until cheese is frozen.
- In small bowl, whisk the egg. Place the flour on another small dish.
- In separate bowl, combine bread crumbs, panko, parmesan cheese and dried oregano (or whichever one you choose).
- Dip the frozen sticks in flour, shaking off excess, then into the egg, then coat with the crumbs.
- Repeat with the remaining cheese placing them on a tray with brown wax paper.
- Place cheese back into the freezer at least 1 hour until ready to bake (this is a MUST or they will melt before the crumbs get golden).
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and lightly spray with oil. Place frozen cheese sticks on baking sheet. Spray the tops of the mozzarella sticks with a little more oil and bake until golden brown.
Serve with your favorite tomato sauce.
This 90’s silhouette made famous by the likes of Kate Moss, Winona Ryder, and Sofia Coppola is back! Some of my favs below.
- Satin Slip Dress Vince, $285.
- Rosemary Silk Slip Anine Bing, $495.
- Nili Lotan Black Silk Slip Dress Nordstrom, $545.
- Nili Lotan Animal Print Slip Dress Nordstrom, $595.
- L’Agence Jodie Cheetah Print Nordstrom, $495.
- T Alexander Wang Wash n Go Slip Dress Neiman Marcus, $295.
- Topshop Slip Dress Nordstrom, $68 & this 100% silk one from Topshop, $180.
- Rope Strap Slip Dress & Other Stories, $119.
- Eileen Fisher Crinkle Slip Dress Nordstrom, $214 Loose fitting slip dress.
First it was Arielle Charna in the infamous Amazon Orolay Puffer coat. Now it’s Blaire Eadie of Atlantic Pacific in this boho stunner above. Turns out this adorable dress can be found on Amazon (click here to shop) and it’s only $27.99!!! I love the way she accessorized it with Loeffler Randall slides, gold bag (similar to above), and colorful sunglasses. While shopping this dress check out this and this all under $30. Chic yet Cheap!