We celebrated my daughter’s Bat Mitzvah this weekend. It was truly a magical weekend surrounded by family and friends. There was a lot of prep that went into the weekend with dressing myself and both girls for the morning and evening events. It can be challenging to find dressy outfits for teens so I’m sharing all of our picks. Hopefully it will help if any of you are searching for formal wear for yourself or your teen.
- My Saturday morning look. Edie High Neck Dress Zimmermann. Worn with Alexandra Birman Clarita Heels Shopbop. Dress in the above picture. I will wear this dress over and over again it’s so comfortable.
- My Saturday evening look. Needle & Thread Midsummer Lace Dress Shopbop. I wore the dress with Anniel Norma Heels Anthropologie.
- Friday night look. The Basil Dress Christy Dawn. Casual floral dress with Isabel Marant Dacken Boots and Gold Hoops.
- The Bat Mitzvah girl wore a powder blue Self Portrait dress which is sold out similar dress here. Self Portrait is an English brand that runs small so it works well with teens (and it goes on sale). She wore it with sparkly Jeffrey Campbell heels. Her evening look was a Reformation Jumpsuit. Reformation has a petite line (check it out here). She wore the jumpsuit with heels and then switched into Veja’s.
- My older daughter wore Lover + Friends Happy Hour Dress from Revolve. Revolve carries xxsmall and has a wide range of price points. Her evening dress was Majorelle from Revolve. Another great brand for teens because it runs small.
We had an incredible team for hair and make-up. Kerry Malouf (make-up) & Sydney Valentine (hair). Check out more pictures here.
I’ve been coveting this pretty pink dress ever since Banjanan debuted their resort collection. It’s now available at Moda Operandi. It would look great with Birdies slides, Roxanne Assoulin initial necklace, Bauble Bar chainlink earrings, and this PVC Tote from Etsy (&this one). Resort ready!
I was walking my dog yesterday and several people asked me where I got my leopard and orange fleece jacket. Turns out it’s One by Donni and I got it at Shopbop over the summer. It’s a nice light weight layer to add over a tee or workout gear. Details below.
- Tri Fleece Pullover Bloomingdale’s, $218. This is the one I have orange/black/leopard.
- Tri Fleece Pullover Bloomingdales, $218. Cream/Black/Camel
- Tri Fleece Pullover Free People, $218 Above picture.
Having two teen girls in the house I’m kept up to speed on current trends (especially workout gear). Today’s post was inspired by my older daughter who informed me that Amazon has amazing Alo and Lululemon look for less workout gear. I was so impressed by the fit, comfort, and price!
- Colorfulkoala Women’s High Waisted Yoga Pants Amazon, $29.99. Pants in the above picture and I wore the same size as my Alo’s.
- CRZ Yoga High Waisted Yoga Pant Amazon, $29.99. Also like these.
- Bestisun Yoga Crop Top Muscle Tee Amazon, $14.99.
- CRZ Yoga Sports Bra Amazon, $20.
- CRZ Seamless Running Shirt Amazon, $24.
We all need some basic black essentials in our closet. These splurge worthy pieces can be worn season after season.
- Moncler Ghany Vest Orchard Mile, $630.
- Gucci Skinny Leather Belt Net-a-Porter, $350
- CELINE 48mm Cat Eye Sunglasses Nordstrom, $440.
- Cashmere Fisherman Sweater Jenni Kayne, $395 Cotton version here.
- Lanvin Slip-On Ballet Flat Farfetch, $400.
- AGOLDE Toni Mid-rise Slim Straight Bloomingdale’s, $158.
- Entireworld Organic Cotton Jersey Tee Nordstrom, $35.
- Iro Ashville Leather Moto Jacket Shopbop, $1,200.
- Valentino V Logo Bracelet Mytheresa, $275. Skinny version here.
- Bottega Small Black Wristlet SSENSE, $569 (on sale). Additional inventory here.
- Jordaan Loafer Gucci, $730.
- Manolo Blahnik BB Pump Nordstrom, $665.
Meet Loeffler Randall’s new ballet flat Georgie. It comes in four different colors, I personally love the denim.
Jessie Loeffler’s Knit for Good cardigans are back in stock (they won’t last long). The cardigan is 100% Andean Highland wool and made in Peru by knitters who provide support to local women and children living in poverty on the island Amantani. Loeffler Randall is donating 10% of sales to American Civil Liberties Union.
- Knit for Good Cardigan Loeffler Randall, $195.
- Sharon Curve Mini Hoop Earrings Loeffler Randall, $95. (also like the Lia hoop)
- Florence Button Down Blouse Loeffler Randall, $175. New Arrival comes in white and dusty rose.
- Shirt in the above picture is Doen but sold out. I like the Aubrielle Top by Loveshackfancy, $245. Net-a-Porter just received new Doen exclusive inventory check it out here.
SALE ALERT! Shopbop just added tons of new markdowns including several Farm Riopieces. All my sale picks listed below. To shop all new items added to sale click here.
- Farm Rio Wrap Dress Shopbop, $241 & Farm Rio Mixed Liberty Top. Check out all Farm Rio markdowns here.
- Steven High Impact Boots Shopbop, $51.
- Mansur Gavriel Black Ankle Boots Shopbop, $416. (also love the burgundy).
- Mansur Gavriel Classic Loafer Shopbop, $206. Croc version here.
- This is the Great Cardigan Shopbop, $227.
- Frame Easy Pleated Top Shopbop, $170.
- Ulla Johnson Alyia Dress Shopbop, $266 & Ophelia Dress.
- Montelliana Clara Boot Shopbop, $370.
- No 6 High Heeled Clogs Shopbop, $206. (several No 6 on sale here)
- Sea NY Odette Dress Shopbop, $276.
- Loveshackfancy Rosie Sweater Shopbop, $276.
- Beyond Yoga Space Dyed Pant Shopbop, $69.
- Lulu Frost Constellation Necklace Shopbop, $636.
- Paraval Mainline Duffle Shopbop, $171. Mini duffle here.
Yesterday was the last day of winter break for my kids. First stop was the Griffin Club for my weekly tennis clinic where my super stylish friend was wearing the cutest Birdies (today’s post inspiration). After tennis, is was off to pick up a gift for a friend (I also picked up something from myself see below). Lastly, it was lunch at Pizzeria Mozza. We had my favorite Nancy salad and Bianca pizza. YUM!
- The Sparrow Pink & Orange Satin Fringe Slide Birdies, $95. Great summer slide.
- The Phoebe Velvet Fur Lined Slide Birdies, $80. These are the ones my friend had on..so cute!
- The Songbird Pink Crystal Velvet Birdies, $120.
- Meredith Quill Small Chain Link Necklace Etsy, $75 and Chunky Chain Link Bracelet Etsy, $75. My gift to myself yesterday! LOVE!
My Salt strap (that happens to be on sale!) came yesterday and I love the way it looks with my monogramed Leatherology bag. Outfit above is Jenni Kayne cotton fisherman sweater, NSF cargos, and Kyoto Tango bracelet.
As we embark on 2020 I’d like to look back and review the biggest trends of 2019. It was the year of revival trends like oversized blazers, boilersuits, neon, tie dye, puff sleeves, and velcro sneakers. Accessories like headbands, scrunchies, pearl and rhinestone barrettes were front and center. Breakthrough brands were By Far, Rhode Resort, AGOLDE, Staud, Hemant and Nandita, Retrofete, Veja, Reformation, La Double J, Nanushka, Clergerie Rixo, Bronx & Banco, and Amur. Athleisure sneaker brands that spiked in popularity were Golden Goose, P448, and Veja (New Balance & Off White Arrow are big for 2020). Top legging brands included Alo, Ultracor, and Beyond Yoga. The top beauty tools last year were Dyson Supersonic Hair dryer and Hairwrap Styler, BaByliss Straightening iron. The top sunscreen products were Suntegrity, Coola, Elta MD, and Supergoop. So there you go 2019 in a nutshell!
I want to thank everyone for supporting my blog this year. I love hearing your feedback, comments, and suggestions as it helps me create better content. I have learned so much and continue to be inspired each and every day.
I’m closing out the year with the person that has been a big fixture on my blog in 2019. Last year it was Megan Markle and this year it’s Katie Holmes. She’s been one to watch with her infamous street style moment hailing a cab in her cashmere cardigan and bralette. New York City has been her personal runway expressing her effortless street style and stepping it up for her elegant red carpet ensembles. Some of my favorite looks listed below starting clockwise from the top left.
- Asymmetric Black Mini Saint Laurent, Net-a-Porter. Look for less Reformation. See the whole look here.
- Scarlet Oversized Puff Sleeve Cardigan Khaite, Bergdorf’s and Cashmere Bralette Khaite. Shoes are Suede Logo Mule Chloe, Net-a-Porter.
- Espionage Silk Asymmetrical Dress Zimmermann, $370. ON SALE! See the whole look here.
- Grant Knotted Wool Silk Blazer and Pants Gabriella Heart, Bergdorf Goodman.
- Insaria Short Logo Sleeve Sweater Gucci, Net-a-Porter.
- Red Chanel Tweed Jacket and jeans with Jimmy Choo white pumps.
- Teddy Bear Coat Max Mara, Net-a-Porter. Look for less BB Dakota, Revolve.
- Satin Gown Philosophy Di Lorenzo, Moda Operandi. Boots are Zebra Print Calf Hair Khaite, Net-a-Porter.
Katie Holmes 2019 post recap Katie Krush, Katie, Perfect Black Dress, and Accidental Influencer.
Lastly, my most viewed posts of the year are In The Navy (Gwyneth Paltrow street style), Feeling Groovy (Julie Sardinia in a boho maxi), Work-it (Jessica Alba street style), Lumberjack (Anine Bing Buffalo Check Shacket), and Royal Routine (Megan Markle’s beauty routine).
Wishing everyone a happy and healthy New Year!