Katie Holmes became an accidental influencer last week when she was spotted wearing a barely there Khaite cashmere cardigan and bralette while hailing a cab in NYC. The week before it was her white double breasted Saint Laurent blazer and denim mini. Now it’s this killer asymmetrical dress she wore to the Zimmermann Madison Ave store to kick off NYFW. I love this edgier look a departure from her usual boho chic style.
- Espionage Lace Panelle Dress Zimmermann, $530.
- Croc Effect Clutch Alexander McQueen look for less Coach, $195.
- Blazer is Saint Laurent look for less Topshop Suit Blazer, Club Monaco, Other Stories, and Mango (faux leather blazer).
- Rag & Bone Stretch Booties Shopbop, $525 or Loeffler Randall Kassidy Bootie Shopbop, $395.
The boiler suit is the easiest outfit to put together and it transitions from day to evening so well. Throw on a pair of No 6 clogs for the day or a pair of leopard heels for an evening out.
- Amo Skip Jumpsuit Bergdorf Goodman, $398.
- Citizens of Humanity Marta Jumpsuit Revolve, $388. Click here for denim.
- Dickies Twill Coveralls Nordstrom, $89.
- The Great Cropped Boiler Suit Net-a-Porter, $375.
- Xirena Wilson Jumpsuit Neiman Marcus, $352.
- Belted Denim Jumpsuit & Other Stories, $129.
- Free People Gia Coveralls Nordstrom, $128.
- Alex Mill Expedition Jumpsuit Nordstrom, $198.
- Modern Utility Jumpsuit Everlane, $100.
Double breasted blazers and dresses are the current fall must have. Priyanka Chopra was spotted wearing this chic Reformation mini over the weekend in NYC. Btw I say
- Maxwell Dress Reformation, $250 (additional sizing here). Dress in the above picture.
- L’Agence Keely Blazer Dress Saks, $595. This one is sleeveless.
- Topshop Belted Blazer Dress Nordstrom, $100.
- A.L.C. Friedman Blazer Dress Neiman Marcus, $450.
- Anine Bing Francoise Blazer Mini Nordstrom, $449.
- Rotate N. 23 Double Breasted Dress Saks, $530.
- Tibi Blazer Dress Net-a-Porter, $795.
If there’s one stand out trend for sweaters this season it’s the balloon sleeve. Some high low picks below.
- Cropped Balloon Sleeve Cardigan & Other Stories, $99.
- Puff Sleeve Sweater H&M, $49.99.
- J. Crew Balloon Sleeve Cable Cardigan J. Crew, $118.
- Denim Wash Puff Sleeve Crop Sweater 525 America, $88. (like this one too). 100% cotton.
- 525 America Rainbow Sweater Revolve, $88. Similar to last seasons Novis sweater but NOT $1500).
- Ulla Johnson Jelena Cardigan Shopbop, $595 & Ulla Turtleneck Sweater.
- Ulla Johnson Philo Pullover Shopbop, $195.
- Line & Dot Fringe Sweater Shopbop, $113.
- I love Mr Mittens Sweater Moda Operandi, $545 Sweater in the above picture.
- C/Meo Collective Hold Tight Sweater Shopbop, $190.
- Rivet & Thread Garment Dye Sweatshirt Madewell, $92. Love the mystic yellow color.
Love this Ganni seersucker dress paired with these chic Loeffler Randall suede western boots. Outfit done!
For all of you waiting for the Mansur Ballerina to be back in stock the wait it up. Check them out here (remember to size up they run small).
A shirtdress is a great piece that can transition from summer into fall. Throw a sweater over it for an evening out. I love the way Gwyneth Paltrow is wearing it above with white Birkenstocks and simple jewelry.
- Alex Mill Shirtdress Nordstrom, $86. On Sale! Lots of Alex Mill on sale at Nordstrom (shop here).
- Pinstripe Shirtdress Everlane, $80. Belted version here.
- Vince Oversize Shirtdress Nordstrom, $206
- Pinstripe Shirtdress Frame, $375.
- Frank & Eileen Button Down Dress Shopbop, $248.
- Short Puff Sleeve Dress Goop, $395.
- Arizona White Birkenstock Dillards, $99.
- Axiom Chain Link Bracelet Missoma, $123. Similar to above.
- Leather Fringe Bag Mansur Gavriel, $695. Love the way this color bag looks with a blue and white pinstripe dress. Also comes in mini.
What’s the Story @ & Other Stories?
- High Waisted Leather Skirt & Other Stories, $249. Extremely flattering runs small I would size up 1-2 sizes.
- Belted Plunging Jumpsuit & Other Stories, $129. If you don’t have a black jumpsuit this one is great. I love the fit very flattering.
- Wool Blend Herringbone Jacket & Other Stories, $149.
- Front Slit Tapered Trousers & Other Stories, $69. These pants are slimming and really elongate the leg. They are high waisted with stretch yet they still hold you in. True to size.
- Striped Large Handle Tote & Other Stories, $99. Celine look for less.
- Flowy Leopard Printed Mini Dress & Other Stories, $99. This dress is so cute love the cut. Size up 1 size.
Julie Sariñana is looking stunning in this affordable Feeling Groovy Free People maxi (also like this one). In addition to her dress I love her aviator sunglasses which are trending big time. Celine has their version along with Gucci (ones in the above picture), but I always love a classic pair of Ray Ban Aviator’s (or these or these by Ray Ban).
I wanted to share a fun LA excursion I had over the weekend. All summer I have been wanting to explore the Highland Park neighborhood. Someone suggested we try Mason’s Dumplings and Joy’s on York for great dumplings and Taiwanese food. We ended up at Mason’s on Figueroa, it’s a small order at the counter restaurant that serves up delicious dumplings and offers vegan options. After dinner we drove over to York Ave and browsed the hip boutiques, restaurants, and bars (click here to see Eater’s 14 best restaurants in Highland Park.) I fell in love with the Big Bud Press store which is full of colorful pants, jumpsuits, and bags. It’s one of the most cheerful stores I’ve been into lately. I also liked Touch Art Supply, Permanent Record (vinyl record store), and Sonny Boy Los Angeles. I skipped Donut Friends on York Ave and opted for Magpies Softserve (vegan soft serve) in Silverlake and walked around that area as well. Next time I’ll hit Highland Park bowl which is LA’s oldest bowling alley. A trip back to Highland Park is definitely in my future so many other great places to check out.
I have been anxiously awaiting the opening of the new Everlane store on Abbot Kinney and stopped by yesterday. I was pressed for time so I didn’t get to dig deep into the inventory (I’ll be back soon). Just enough time to scoop up this Utility Jumpsuit and Button Down. The store is sleek, modern, and the sales associates are extremely helpful. Now on to the ever so trending boyfriend button down which I’ve been stocking up on lately.
- Alex Mill Oversize Stripe Shirt Nordstrom, $98. Runs big size down.
- Toteme Capri Cotton Poplin Shirt Net-a-Porter, $310.
- Silky Relaxed Shirt Everlane, $50. Runs big size down I did the double 00.
- Relaxed Poplin Shirt Everlane, $58.
- James Perse Boxy Shirt Shopbop, $165.
- Classic Button Up Jenni Kayne, $250.
Photo: May Tager & Leia Fez
I was doing some back to school shopping with my girls and part of their haul included several outerwear pieces I scouted out at H&M. So many great choices it was hard to pick including a Max Mara teddy bear look-alike and a Sandy Liang inspired fleece jacket. Some favorites below.
- Faux Fur Jacket H & M, $99.
- Faux Fur Cropped Jacket H & M, $99.
- Belted Wool Blend Coat H & M, $129 also comes 3/4 length.
- Pile Biker Jacket H & M, $19.99.
- Camo Pile Jacket H & M, $19.99.
- Double Breasted Jacket H & M, $69.99.
- Pile Jacket H & M, $24.99. Sandy Liang look-alike.
- Teddy Bear Faux Fur Jacket H & M, $79.99. Max Mara Teddy Bear Coat look-alike.
- Double Breasted Blazer H&M, $49.99 (this one too). Not in the above pic.
- Puff Sleeve Sweater H&M, $49.99. Cotton blend and love the fit.