Friday night was frigid and to warm me up I bundled up in my Navy Peacoat for a date night out at Felix. We had a great corner table with a view of Evan Funke rolling out his homemade delicious pasta! Dinner was outstanding as usual. Saturday morning I opened the WSJ style section and coincidentally they had a whole article on The Peacoat. This timeless, cold weather coat has been around since the 16th century where it was originally created to keep Dutch sailors warm at sea. It never goes out of style and comes back with slight modifications each and every season. My Sandro Peacoat with faux shearling collar is no longer available but I found some similar alternatives.
- Derek Lam 10 Crosby Double Breasted Knit Sleeve Peacoat Navy Farfetch, $278 Nordstrom,$416 Barney’s, $695 Love the knit sleeves on this version.
- Chloe Cropped Peacoat Nordstrom, $1595
- Zimmerman Peacoat Outnet, $498
- L.L. Bean Classic Peacoat L.L. Bean, $219
- Gaita Faux Fur Collar Peacoat Ted Baker, $365 Love the removable faux fur color on this jacket.
- Mango Lapels Wool Coat Mango, $99.99 also love Mango Double Breasted Coat, $119
- Cos Peacoat, $125
- Ralph Lauren Collection Aiden Double Breasted Cashmere Peacoat Bergdorf’s, $2,490
Photo: Alexa Chung