I had requests to share my recipe for the Udon Noodle Bowls I made last Tuesday evening. See below for this easy weeknight meal.
Tofu Udon Noodle Bowls
To print from e-mail visit julesee.com
- 1 package firm tofu dried and cubed
- 1 package udon noodles
- 2 cups snap peas
- 4 large kale leaves trimmed and chopped
- 1 package shiitake mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1-2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or grapeseed oil
- black sesame seeds for garnish
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili paste or chili crunch
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and add the cubed tofu. Toss with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 mins until crisp.
- Mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, chili paste in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a stock pot. Add udon noodles and cook according to the package directions. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
- Sauté the ginger and garlic with 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet. When the garlic and ginger are fragrant (about 30 seconds) add snap peas, kale, and mushrooms. Continue to sauté for about 3-5 mins mins.
- Add the noodles and tofu to the skillet with the veggies.
- Pour the soy sauce marinade over the noodles and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle black sesame seeds, serve, & enjoy!