Over the holidays I had several friends who were traveling to Paris and needed recommendations. I put together a list for them and thought others might find it helpful. I so appreciate people sharing their travel notes and have had so many wonderful suggestions over the years. Hopefully my notes will help in planning your next jaunt à Paris.
Hotel – we at stayed the Prince de Galles. There are so many choices in Paris but this hotel worked for us because we are all able to be in one room (with a bit of convincing). Check out Mr and Mrs Smith hotels for modern boutique hotel accommodations in Paris.
Museums, Sites, & Activities
- Louvre Museum
- Musée d’Orsay -my favorite.
- Musée de l’Orangerie – great for kids short and sweet all Monet.
- Pompidou – modern art museum
- Musée Rodin
- Eiffel Tower – buy skip the line tickets ahead of time Viator is a good source.
- Bateaux Mouches – boat ride along the Seine big hit with the kids.
- Atelier Des Lumieres – have not been but heard it’s incredible.
- Sunside Sunset for Jazz Music
- Jardin du Luxembourg – kids loved pushing the vintage toy boats in the water when they were little. They also loved the playground and carousel.
- Arc de Triomphe
- Notre Dame
- Palais Garnier – it was an experience taking the girls to the Paris opera house. The Chagall ceiling alone is worth the trip.
- Walk around Montmartre Neighborhood – see the Moulin Rouge, Love Wall, and Place du Tertre.
- Foundation Louis Vuitton
- Le Foodist – we did a great French baking class here.
- Treasure Hunt at the Louvre – book through THATlou.
- Jardin des Tuileries – the infamous green chairs great for a photo opt and strolling the gardens.
- Walk around the Marais – my favorite neighborhood in Paris.
- Le Relais d’Entrecote- love this restaurant! They do not take reservations but it’s worth the wait. They serve one thing Entrecote and french fries.
- Breizah Cafe – the kids favorite! They accept reservations and we went to the one in the Marais. Delicious crepes.
- Café de Flore – touristy but still fun.
- Frenchie Wine Bar – cozy dinner on a quaint street. Hightop tables not great for little kids.
- Poilâne Bakery – famous for their bread. We had lunch at the cafe next door (Comptoir Poilâne) where they use their delicious bread on tartine sandwiches.
- Cafe Constant – french country food.
- Berthillon – salted caramel ice cream.
- L’As du Fallafel – got to have a falafel while walking around the Marais.
- Amorino – beautiful flower shaped ice cream.
- Odette – colorful creams puffs.
- Ladurée – always fun to browse the beautiful macarons.
- Boot Cafe – tiny charming cafe in the Marais…nice photo opt.
- Cocktails at The Ritz.
David Lebovitz is a great resource for restaurants in Paris.
You can shop for days in Paris below are the stores I hit on our last trip in September.
- Merci – concept store in the Marais. Adorable cafe in the front of the store.
- Maison Labiche – In the Marais.
- Le Bon Marche – department store.
- R.S.V.P. – In the Marais love their handbags
- Fauré Le Page
- & Other Stories
- Mes Demoiselles Boutique
- Saint James
- Petit Bateaux
- Le Bon Bon Au Palais – adorable candy store in the Latin District.