I went on a quick trip to Copenhagen over Memorial Day weekend. I was enamored by the chic Scandinavian fashion flooding the streets. The first thing I noticed is the practicality of their dressing. Since the main mode of transportation is biking, comfort plays a key role in their dressing. I saw a lot of feminine loose fitting floral skirts and dresses mixed with trench coats, oversized blazers, and leather jackets. Most women had sneakers on with an emphasis on the dad sneaker and Veja’s. I also saw the Teva inspired sandal on many women since the weather is just starting to warm up.
I stayed at the Hotel Skt Petri and bumped into Janka Polliani who was with Annabel Rosendahl and the rest of the Scandinavian fashionistas who were in town planning Copenhagen Fashion week. Janka (who couldn’t be nicer) was decked out in an oversized black blazer, Nylon Prada shorts, The Row Bare sandals, and carrying a red Bottega oversized pouch (current must have accessory). Below are some stand-outs from my trip.
- I couldn’t help but notice how many Jerome Dreyfuss bags were being worn in Copenhagen. Shop them here.
- Pant legs were cropped and wide similar to these new Slim Emmett Wide Leg Crops…love!
- The Teva inspired sandal like these from The Row, and these by Arizona Love were a standout.
- Embellished Trench coats like coats like this one from Coach. The trench in the above picture is by Sofie Schnoor and can be purchased here.
- Patterned dresses like this one by Toteme, and this Ganni Skirt (on-sale). I also saw someone wearing this gorgeous Stine Goya Mini with chunky sneakers very chic!
- I did some shopping at Arket which I love. Arket started in Sweden and is a modern day market for men, women, children, and the home. They have them all over Europe and hoping it comes to the States.
- Delicate jewelry like these Annie Lu Earrings were in several of the boutiques.
I loved Copenhagen and can’t wait to go back and explore more of the city.