Sunday night I made Ga Nuong chicken (see Banh Mi post for chicken marinade), asian slaw, and udon noodles. It was a really simple dinner that everyone loved. Below is my asian slaw recipe.
- Purple or green cabbage thinly sliced 6 cups
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 3 pealed and thinly sliced carrots
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (or substitute another oil if you don’t have)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (I don’t love a sweet dressing so I leave it out)
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Combine cabbage, kale, carrots, and cilantro in a large bowl. In a separate bowl mix together all your dressing ingredients. Simply add the dressing to your slaw and toss to coat.
For a simple no fuss asian noodle dish just boil your udon (or any noodle you have in the pantry) noodles and drain. Then add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.