- 1 package rice wrap paper (I like the 9 inch size easier to work with)
- 1 package rice noodles cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped mint (you can add basil too if you have)
- 2-3 cups of shredded cabbage slaw mix
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 block of firm tofu drained and cut into strips about 1/2 inch thick *you can use any protein you like.
Once the noodles are drained I add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and sesame oil to the noodles to add extra flavor.
Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper into the hot water for 1 second to soften. Lay wrapper flat. In a row across the center, place tofu, rice noodle, mint, slaw mix, and peanuts leaving about 2 inches uncovered on each side. Fold uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper to form a roll.
I switch between a peanut dipping sauce and a simple soy dipping sauce (3 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp sesame oil, and 1 tsp chili paste) depending on how much time I have.
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (or canola whatever you have)
- 1 tablespoon thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon lime
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Add curry paste, sugar, and garlic. Cook stirring constantly until fragrant about 1 min. Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Whisk in peanut butter until smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in peanuts, lime juice, fish sauce, and soy sauce. Cool to room temperature.