My family and I have been craving comfort food lately. Sunday evening I made this simple turkey meatloaf. I didn’t follow a recipe, I just threw together some ingredients and it turned out great!
- 1 pound ground turkey (I like the organic one from Gelson’s)
- 1/3 cup panko
- 1/4 ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- a couple dashes of worcestershire sauce
- 1 raw egg scambled
- 1 tablespoon greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup onion sautéed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (to brush on top of the loaf)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard (to brush on top of the loaf)
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place your ground turkey in a medium sized bowl. Add the rest of your ingredients into the bowl and mix until well combined. Spray a loaf pan with olive or canola oil spray and place your meat mixture in the pan. Pat the mixture down until it’s evenly distributed in the pan. Take the additional ketchup and dijon mustard and mix it together in a small dish. Paint the mixture onto the top of the loaf. Place your loaf in the oven and let it bake for about 50-55 minutes. Drain off any excess juice from the loaf that might accumulate throughout cooking. I check mine half way through cooking to drain and then again at the end.