I’ve switched gears this past month and started featuring a lot more cooking on my blog and Instagram. Cooking has been a really great escape and a fun activity me as well as the rest of my family. I hope you enjoy the recipes and please tag me on Instagram if you make any of my recipes along with any feedback.
- 1 1/2 pounds pounded chicken breasts
- Salt & Black Pepper
- All purpose flour for dredging
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken or veggie stock
- 1/4 cup capers rinsed
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 4 slices of lemon
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 2 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 chicken and cook for until golden brown. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side. Remove and transfer to plate. Remove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate.
- Add the lemon juice, stock and capers to your pan. Bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan. Return all the chicken to the pan and your lemon slices and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter. Garnish with parsley.
I used a Le Creuset 5 quart braising pan to make this dish.