Thai Quinoa Salad
To print from e-mail please visit Julesee.com
- 1 cup cooked quinoa with veggie stock
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 thinly sliced scallions
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup edamame
- 2 leaves of flat kale destemmed and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup arugula optional *to serve with the salad
For the dressing
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon teaspoon ginger
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave *optional (depends if you like your dressing sweet)
- 1-3 tablespoons of water to thin the dressing if necessary
- Cook the quinoa according to the package with vegetable stock and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place your quinoa and all your vegetables into a medium size bowl.
- Make the dressing. If your peanut butter is too thick you can microwave it for 30 seconds to loosen it up. Combine all the dressing ingredients into a small food processor, and blend until smooth. If the dressing is too thick add water and continue to blend (1-3 tablespoons if needed) until you get the desired consistency. You want it to be the consistency of a ranch dressing so it can pour easily.
- Time to dress the salad. I alway start off using half of the dressing, then mixing and seeing how much more it needs. If you have any leftover dressing it can be used on noodles or another salad.
- I served the salad in a bowl over a bed of arugula.