It’s Friday and cocktail hour this evening will consist of a skinny margarita, salty bar snacks, and a game of backgammon by the pool. I have been playing backgammon since I was 7 years old. My great uncle taught me how to play on a trip to visit him in Brazil. Today I play on the beautiful wood set that he taught me on. If you don’t know how to play backgammon now’s the time to learn. Here’s a link to the rules of backgammon.
Above picture is “Backgammon By The Pool” by Slim Aarons. To see a full selection of Slim Arrons prints at Jonathan Adler click here. I love the way Slim Aarons was able to capture the style, elegance, glamour of his subjects in that era.
A couple backgammon sets to choose from….
- Jonathan Adler Backgammon Set Anthropologie.
- SunnyLife Backgammon Set Shopbop.
- Acyclic Backgammon Set Monogram available Mark & Graham.
- Colorful Backgammon Set Moma Design Store.
To send you off into the weekend here a couple of things I’ve had my eyes on….
- Gucci Strawberry Pool Slides Saks, $310.
- Clear Lucite Cootie Stick Parker Thatch, $25. This is genius!
- The Songbird Velvet Slides/Slippers Birdies, $95. Cute Mother’s Day Gift along with my Mother’s Day Gift Guide.
- Banjanan Bella Dress Shopbop, $380.
- Vans UA Era Sneaker Navy Goop, $65. White here.
- High Waist Capri Alo, $88 ( & these on sale). During last week’s heat wave I realized I needed a new pair of capri’s.
Have a great weekend!