This is a really easy recipe that can be served warm or cold. I will be making them tonight with grilled salmon. You can make extra sauce and use it as a marinade for your salmon.
Simple Asian Noodles
To print from e-mail please visit Julesee.com
- 2 carrots thinly sliced (see above pic)
- 1-2 scallions thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 package of noodles *I like using udon noodles but any will work
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar *optional
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- Mix the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, sugar, chili paste in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil with 1 teaspoon of salt in a pot. Add the noodles and cook according to the package directions. About two minutes before the noodles are done add your carrots to the pot. Once the noodles and carrots are done drain and rinse with cold water.
- Sauté your ginger and garlic with 2 tablespoons of oil on a medium skillet. When the garlic and ginger are fragrant (about 30 seconds) add your peas and scallions. Continue to sauté for about 3-5 mins mins.
- Place your noodles and carrots in a medium sized bowl. Add your sautéed vegetables, and pour the sauce over the noodles. Toss to coat.