Summer Orzo Salad
To print from e-mail please visit Julesee.com
- 1 pound orzo
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatos
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove (minced) on the microplane grader
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Boil your orzo in a medium stock pot according to the directions. Once it’s done drain and rinse.
- Place your orzo in a medium size bowl and allow it to cool.
- Add your tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella in the medium sized bowl with your orzo.
- In a small liquid measuring bowl, whisk your olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper until emulsified.
- Pour your dressing over your orzo and toss to coat. You can serve immediately or store in the fridge until ready. Taste before serving to see if it needs any additional salt.