Nectarine & Fennel Salad
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 2 cup Arugula
- 2 firm nectarines
- 1 container burrata cheese
- 1/4 cup basil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove grated on a microplane grader
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh black pepper to taste
- Thinly slice your nectarines and fennel on a mandolin or by hand.
- Chop your basil.
- Place your fennel, nectarine, arugula, and basil in a bowl.
- In a small glass pyrex, whisk together your vinegar, lemon, dijon mustard, garlic, basil, and salt and pepper.
- In a slow steady stream, whisk in the olive oil until emulsified.
- Toss your dressing with your salad ingredients.
- Taste to see if additional salt is needed.
- Place your salad into a small bowl and top with burrata cheese.