When planning meals for my family I always need a vegetarian option at dinner since one of my daughters is a vegetarian. I got this recipe from my mom who has amazing vegetarian dishes. This recipe makes a lot so you can place leftovers in the freezer and pull them out as needed.
Curried Quinoa Patties
- 3 cups of sweet potato puree (dice and boil potatoes until soft, drain and mash)
- 3 cups of cooked quinoa (1 cup dry quinoa with 2 cups water cook for approx 20 mins)
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 400° F.
- Place sweet potatoes and cooked quinoa in a bowl.
- Sauté your onions and garlic in a small saucepan with olive oil until tender.
- Add salt, paprika, cumin, and curry to the onion mixture and cook for 15 seconds.
- Add the onion mixture to the quinoa sweet potato mixture.
- Add cilantro, oregano, black pepper, and mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray lightly with oil.
- Form the patties into burger shapes and place them on the baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the tops of the patties.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crispy, flipping them half way through cooking.
- Makes approximately 12-15 patties.