I had several requests to post my slow cooker Chili recipe again. It’s such a simple and easy recipe that everyone loves. You throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning and dinner is ready in the evening.
Slow Cooker Chili
To print from e-mail visit julesee.com
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground chicken or turkey)
- 1 14 1/2 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 14 1/2 oz can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 14 1/2 oz can pinto beans with liquid
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 small tomatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper to taste
- a couple dashes of tabasco or Cholula
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, drain off fat.
- Place the ground beef plus all the remaining ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Cook the chili on low heat for at least 6-8 hours. You cannot over cook it.
- Serve in a bowl and sprinkle with Mexican cheese.
If you have leftovers my girls like it the next day served over pasta for something different.