I had several requests to post my slow cooker Chili recipe again. It’s such a simple and easy recipe that everyone loves. You throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning and dinner is ready in the evening.
Slow Cooker Chili
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground chicken or turkey)
- 1 14 1/2 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 14 1/2 oz can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 14 1/2 oz can pinto beans with liquid
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 small tomatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper to taste
- a couple dashes of tabasco or Cholula
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, drain off fat.
- Place the ground beef plus all the remaining ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Cook the chili on low heat for at least 6-8 hours. You cannot over cook it.
- Serve in a bowl and sprinkle with Mexican cheese.
If you have leftovers my girls like it the next day served over pasta for something different.