Chipotle Vegetarian Chili
To print from e-mail visit julesee.com
- 1 sweet potato cubed
- 1/2 of one medium onion chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped into cubes
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 red pepper diced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 peppers smashed from chipotle adobo (if you’re sensitive to spice you might want to cut this down)
- 1 can of black beans drained
- 1 can of pinto beans drained
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock optional
- Bring a medium sized dutch oven to med high heat.
- Sauté your sweet potatoes, onion, and red peppers for about 2-3 mins.
- Next add your zucchini, tomato, and garlic continue to sauté for about 2-3 more mins.
- Add your cumin, chili powder, and salt and stir.
- Add black beans, pinto beans, chipotle peppers, and tomato sauce.
- Bring the chili to a simmer and cover for about 20 mins, until your sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- I prefer a thicker chili but you can add vegetable stock to get your desired consistency.