We went over to our friends for dinner a couple weeks ago and they had make your own poke bowls. Everyone loved it so I recreated it last night for dinner.
To print from e-mail visit julesee.com
- 1 cup rice
- 1 pound Ahi Tuna Poke (Santa Monica Seafood has it seasoned and ready to go)
- 1/2 pound seaweed salad (Santa Monica Seafood has this as well)
- 1 block cubed firm tofu (water pressed out before cubing)
- 1 bag snap peas trimmed
- 1 1/2 cup shelled edamame thawed
- 1 package shiitake mushrooms
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Furikake for sprinkling
- 2-3 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon asian chili paste
- 1 package nori seaweed snacks
- Cook rice per package directions.
- Place tofu on a baking sheet line with parchment, toss with 1-2 tablespoon oil, and bake at 400° F for about 25 minutes or until crispy.
- In a medium sized skillet heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil to medium high heat. Add snap peas, edamame, and shiitake mushrooms and sauté. Next add 1 tsp sesame oil, and 1 tsp asian chili paste. Be sure to not overcook (I like my snap peas to still have a crunch).
- Now it’s time to assemble your bowls. Add rice, tuna poke, seaweed salad, snap pea vegetable medley, nori, sprinkle with sesame seeds and Furikake.
- You can add soy sauce, sesame oil, and chili crunch for extra flavor.
Serves a family of 4.