Over the long weekend I went on a girls trip to Charleston. It’s been on my list for so long and I was so happy to finally make it there. We stayed at the Belmond Hotel which is located in the historic district. Charleston is full of amazing restaurants, bars, shops, and beautiful architecture. The first night a rickshaw was waiting outside of our hotel to whisk us off to dinner. We dined at Hall’s Chop House an iconic Charleston steakhouse. It was one of the best steakhouses I have ever been to. The service was impeccable and the iceberg wedge, petit filet, seafood tower were all perfection. The next day we spent time exploring Charleston by foot. I was in awe of all the beautiful architecture, well manicured homes, and cobble stone streets. We stopped for lunch at Basic Kitchen which is LA meets Charleston cuisine. Next was shopping on Kings Street and we started with Charleston’s beautifully curated Hamden Clothing store that carries an abundance of unique designers (they have a great on-line store). Then it was Beau & Ro (I picked a Mille Dress runs big size down) and refreshed my St. James Top), Madison Mathews (cute boho dresses), and Etu Home (I wanted everything in there). Then it was time for Shanghai Rummy and drinks at The Gin Joint. This bar was oozing with charm. We had beautiful hand crafted cocktails, delicious Lambrusco, homemade warm pretzels, and chips and caviar. Next, it was dinner at Fig which was a warm and cozy atmosphere. The scallop hamachi was amazing but the seafood entrees were underwhelming. Sunday we drove out to Kiawah Island and had lunch at the The Ocean Course. It’s absolutely stunning with panoramic ocean views. I now know why so many of my friends vacation in Kiawah every year. On the way home we stopped to see the magnificent Angel Tree. Our last evening was spent at another charming vintage inspired bar The Belmont and then we headed across the street to The Ordinary. This seafood restaurant featured the most incredible seafood tower (oysters, clams, black bass larb, tuna hamachi, flounder with smoked trout roe). We finished off dinner with a flavorful crab gumbo, blue crab fried rice, and a chocolate budino for desert (so good!). The following morning we packed up and headed back to LA. Charleston is truly a special city and I had so much fun exploring it with my friends.
- Away Bigger Carry-On with Pocket – It turned out to be perfect for this trip.
- Longchamp Monogramed Tote Create your own carry-one. I love this because it’s so lightweight.
- Mark & Graham Cosmetic Case These are great but skip the monogram.
- Leatherology Computer Case (also love the Train Case and it’s on travel wish list).
- Alo Sweat Shirt and Pant Perfect travel outfit for a 6:00 am flight. Runs big I wear xsmall.
- Vans x Sandy Liang wore with Nike 3/4 socks. Very comfortable.
- Laura Lombardi Think Chain Necklace
- Black Jumpuit Similar to mine.
- Zimmermann Dress
- Anine Bing Oversized White Button Down (Size down 1-2 sizes) Looks cute with a chain belt and faux leather pants).
- Leopard Coat Similar to mine.
- Jenni Kayne Cashmere Gloves I always pack these for chilly trips.
- Artizia Faux Leather Jeans Aritzia has a nice selection of reasonably priced faux leather pants.
- Block Heel Pump Similar to mine. I like a block heel because you can still walk around a city in the evenings.
- Leather Moto – I brought this to wear over my leopard dress and jumpsuit.
- Quilted Coat
- Mother Insider Crop Jeans
- Kule Leopard Cardigan
- Gucci Leather Mules These made it into the suitcase but I didn’t wear them.
- Aviator Nation Tiger Tee So soft and a nice layering piece.
- Saint James Drop Shoulder Tee Runs big I wear the xsmall. I love the way a nautical stripe looks with a leopard jacket.
Have a great week everyone!