Yesterday was the last day of winter break for my kids. First stop was the Griffin Club for my weekly tennis clinic where my super stylish friend was wearing the cutest Birdies (today’s post inspiration). After tennis, is was off to pick up a gift for a friend (I also picked up something from myself see below). Lastly, it was lunch at Pizzeria Mozza. We had my favorite Nancy salad and Bianca pizza. YUM!
- The Sparrow Pink & Orange Satin Fringe Slide Birdies, $95. Great summer slide.
- The Phoebe Velvet Fur Lined Slide Birdies, $80. These are the ones my friend had on..so cute!
- The Songbird Pink Crystal Velvet Birdies, $120.
- Meredith Quill Small Chain Link Necklace Etsy, $75 and Chunky Chain Link Bracelet Etsy, $75. My gift to myself yesterday! LOVE!
My Salt strap (that happens to be on sale!) came yesterday and I love the way it looks with my monogramed Leatherology bag. Outfit above is Jenni Kayne cotton fisherman sweater, NSF cargos, and Kyoto Tango bracelet.
As we embark on 2020 I’d like to look back and review the biggest trends of 2019. It was the year of revival trends like oversized blazers, boilersuits, neon, tie dye, puff sleeves, and velcro sneakers. Accessories like headbands, scrunchies, pearl and rhinestone barrettes were front and center. Breakthrough brands were By Far, Rhode Resort, AGOLDE, Staud, Hemant and Nandita, Retrofete, Veja, Reformation, La Double J, Nanushka, Clergerie Rixo, Bronx & Banco, and Amur. Athleisure sneaker brands that spiked in popularity were Golden Goose, P448, and Veja (New Balance & Off White Arrow are big for 2020). Top legging brands included Alo, Ultracor, and Beyond Yoga. The top beauty tools last year were Dyson Supersonic Hair dryer and Hairwrap Styler, BaByliss Straightening iron. The top sunscreen products were Suntegrity, Coola, Elta MD, and Supergoop. So there you go 2019 in a nutshell!
I want to thank everyone for supporting my blog this year. I love hearing your feedback, comments, and suggestions as it helps me create better content. I have learned so much and continue to be inspired each and every day.
I’m closing out the year with the person that has been a big fixture on my blog in 2019. Last year it was Megan Markle and this year it’s Katie Holmes. She’s been one to watch with her infamous street style moment hailing a cab in her cashmere cardigan and bralette. New York City has been her personal runway expressing her effortless street style and stepping it up for her elegant red carpet ensembles. Some of my favorite looks listed below starting clockwise from the top left.
- Asymmetric Black Mini Saint Laurent, Net-a-Porter. Look for less Reformation. See the whole look here.
- Scarlet Oversized Puff Sleeve Cardigan Khaite, Bergdorf’s and Cashmere Bralette Khaite. Shoes are Suede Logo Mule Chloe, Net-a-Porter.
- Espionage Silk Asymmetrical Dress Zimmermann, $370. ON SALE! See the whole look here.
- Grant Knotted Wool Silk Blazer and Pants Gabriella Heart, Bergdorf Goodman.
- Insaria Short Logo Sleeve Sweater Gucci, Net-a-Porter.
- Red Chanel Tweed Jacket and jeans with Jimmy Choo white pumps.
- Teddy Bear Coat Max Mara, Net-a-Porter. Look for less BB Dakota, Revolve.
- Satin Gown Philosophy Di Lorenzo, Moda Operandi. Boots are Zebra Print Calf Hair Khaite, Net-a-Porter.
Katie Holmes 2019 post recap Katie Krush, Katie, Perfect Black Dress, and Accidental Influencer.
Lastly, my most viewed posts of the year are In The Navy (Gwyneth Paltrow street style), Feeling Groovy (Julie Sardinia in a boho maxi), Work-it (Jessica Alba street style), Lumberjack (Anine Bing Buffalo Check Shacket), and Royal Routine (Megan Markle’s beauty routine).
Wishing everyone a happy and healthy New Year!
I’m really excited that Matches Fashion just started carrying two new lines that I love! Brooklyn based designer Lauren Manoogian and Parisian bag line Rue de Verneuil. Both featured in today’s post.
- Marled Cotton Cable Sweater Lou & Grey, $98.
- High Rise Cargo Fatigue Pants Madewell, $118.
- Lauren Manoogian Barcelona Leather Tote Matches Fashion, $793. Also love the knitted tote.
- Meredith Quill Delicate Chain Link Bracelet Etsy, $40. Chunky Chainlink necklace Etsy, $150.
- Veja V-10 Saks, $150. (runs big size down) and Bloomingdales.
- Jennifer Fisher Hoops Goop, $200.
- Rue De Verneuil Lego Medium Canvas Tote Matches Fashion, $192. Navy/White here.
SALE ALERT!! Mansur Gavriel is offering an additional 20% of sale with code MG_Extra20. To shop the sale click here.
Move over Louis Vuitton Pouchette because Prada just reissued it’s iconic nylon mini. Check out all the fun colors here.
Prada Re-Edition 2000 Nylon Mini
SALE ALERT! Shopbop is doing SALE ON SALE take an extra 30% off sale. To shop all sale click here. Some items to check out are this Velvet Erica jacket, Kule coat, Kule Lars scarf, The Great sweatshirt, Amo long sleeve tee, Sea blouse, and Sea sweater.
Hope everyone had a happy holiday! We spent ours at home with family. I hosted Christmas Eve and cooked an asian feast. The menu consisted of braised short ribs, Kung Pao chicken, Vietnamese rice wraps (with peanut dipping sauce), papaya salad, and a Benihana inspired salad. The above picture is from our Christmas day hike. We hiked the Paseo Miramar trail. It’s a long one, 7 miles (with a lot of steep inclines) but has some of the best views in the city. Well worth the trek!
The Nordstrom’s Half Yearly sale started yesterday. I’ve sorted through it and listed my highlights below. To shop the whole sale click here.
- The Great Stripe Cardigan Nordstrom, $158.
- A.P.C. Half Moon Bag Nordstrom, $281.
- Rebecca Taylor Leo Clip Jacquard Top Nordstrom, $209.
- Isabel Marant Darcey Track Jacket Nordstrom, $185.
- Saint Laurent Loulou Heart 54mm Sunglasses Nordstrom, $251.
- Vince Oversized Cashmere Boxy Crew Sweater Nordstrom, $236.
- Khaite Benny Crop Flare Nordstrom, $203. Khaite denim jacket here.
- Loveshackfancy Andie Floral Silk Dress Nordstrom, $374.
- Loveshackfancy Floral Silk Blouse Nordstrom, $195.
- Ganni Puffer Coat Nordstrom, $276.
- Aquazzura Mondaine Slingback Flat Nordstrom, $259.
- Pedro Garcia Chelsea Boot Nordstrom, $243.
- Natori Flora Underwire Bra Nordstrom, $40.
- Frye Alta Hiker Bootie Nordstrom, $238.
- Barbour Weatheram Puffer Coat Nordstrom, $209.
- Jeffrey Campbell Cloudy Waterproof Chelsea Rainboot Nordstrom, $48. Also like these Sperry ones.
Easy affordable New Year’s Eve outfit.
- Pearl Button Puff Sleeve Sweater & Other Stories, $129. I have been eyeing this cardigan and it’s finally back in stock.
- Layered Tulle Midi & Other Stories, $89.
- Pearl Beaded Clutch Bag & Other Stories, $69. Almost identical to this Shrimps one.
- Kassidy Bootie Loeffler Randall, $158. I just ordered these. I’m not usually a fan of final sale but they have stretch and the price was too good to pass up. (I went 1/2 size up).
Chelsea is the trendy boot that’s making a resurgence this season. A classic shape but slightly modified with a thick lugged sole. The boots are being worn with dresses (above pic) and jeans (below pics).
- Dr. Martens 2976 Leonore Shearling Boot Shopbop, $150. Additional sizing here. Love the olive color.
- Prada Lugged Sole Boot Nordstrom, $795.
- Linea Paola Tate Chelsea Boot Norstrom, $139.
- Blundstone Chelsea Waterproof Boot Nordstrom, $184. Great travel rain boot doesn’t take up a lot of space in your suitcase.
- Proenza Schouler Chelsea Boot Moda, $795. Pre-order.
- Alexander Wang Chelsea Boot Nordstrom, $695.
- Ortega Boot Eytys, $520.
- Commes Des Garcons x Dr. Martens Boot Matches Fashion, $485.
- Miu Miu Chelsea Boot Farfetch, $790.
Photo: Vogue,Jessie Bush, Lucy Williams.
There’s definitely a cream theme going on for the holidays. Some Holiday Love picks below.
- Metallic Braided Midi Dress & Other Stories, $179. Great New Year’s dress! Fishnet is trending now.
- Pearl Embellished Diamond Knit Sweater & Other Stories, $119.
- Oversized Shaggy Faux Fur Coat & Other Stories, $219.
- G Label Christopher Puff Sleeve T-Shirt Goop, $275.
- Puff Sleeve Sweater H&M, $24.99.
- Loeffler Randall Camellia Shopbop, $395.
- A.L.C. Weston Dress Saks, $410. Also on sale here.
- Zadie Feather Tote Loeffler Randall, $350.
There are so many things I love about the above outfit Emma Roberts is wearing. First, her belted Topshop mini dress ($55)! Second, her mock turtleneck which has been in heavy rotation in my wardrobe lately. My favorites being this Amo (also like this one), Splendid (above pic), and Madewell. Third, her opaque tights mixed with boots and a mini dress! Emma’s boots are By Far, but you can also get the look with these, these, and these. Outfit done!
There are so many great designer look for less options out there. Here are several that are on my radar.
- Givenchy Studded Ankle Boot Neiman Marcus, $697 (50% off at Neiman’s now). Look for less Steven Heller boot Shopbop, $151.
- Roxanne Assoulin Love Bracelet, $330. Look for less Love Bracelet Etsy, $14.
- Bottega Pouch Saks, $1390. Look for less Etsy, $250.
- Golden Goose Sneaker Net-a-Porter, $490. Look for less Rezza White Sneaker Steve Madden, $109. (runs 1/2 size small).
- Isabel Marant Etoile Plaid Shirt Jacket Saks, 330. Look for less Topshop, $110 & Mango, $129.
- Anita Fleece Camo Jacket Veronica Beard, $347. Look for less Rocky Ridge Jacket Free People, $168.
- Max Mara Teddy Coat Net-a-Porter, $3,600. Look for less Trishelle Coat Velvet, $279 & H&M, $119.
- Sylvie Lace-Up Boot Gucci, $990 look for less Sam Edelman Hiker Boot Zappos, $119.
- Coat Cardigan Jenni Kayne, $395 look for less Coatigan Lou & Grey, $128.
- Celine Square Sunglasses Nordstrom, $450. Look for less Quay Australia Nordstrom, $40 & Quay After Hours.
- Manolo Blahnik BB Pump Nordstrom, $665. Look for less Sam Edelman Margie Black Saksoff5th, $69.99 (navy & nude).
The Brooklyn mom uniform consisting of the Salt Strap, No 6 clogs, denim jeans, and gold hoops is moving out west! Lucky for us, it’s now a bit more accessible with the newly released Madewell x Salt collab. The Salt strap is currently high on my holiday wishlist and will be worn with my monogrammed Leatherology bag.
- Avery Bag Strap
- Chase Strap
- Taylor Strap
Shopbop Sale Alert! Lots of new styles added to sale including these Apiece Part Marston pants, Agata Top (size down), Merida Pant, and Compania faux fur bomber. Other items to check out are this Veronica Beard rugby (size down) and Kylan Sherpa jacket. To shop all sale click here.