The best part of the Golden Globes is watching the red carpet and the beautiful couture gowns adorning the star studded guests. Constance Wu was looking gorgeous in Vera Wang, Lili Reinhart in a stunning red gown by Khyeli Couture , along with Lady Gaga and Gemma Chan in Valentino. To see Vogue’s best dressed list click here.
As the post holiday sales are slowing down there’s tons of new inventory sprinkling into the stores…yay! Fresh new spring colors in pinks, yellows, and lilac, and lots of beautiful prints. Above is a look I put together from new styles that hit the stores last week.
- Ulla Johnson Constance Floral Print Silk Blouse Nordstrom, $385 This blouse is gorgeous! It’s a tad sheer but you can either wear a nude bra or nude cami underneath. It has tiny metallic stripes embroidered into the fabric. Look for less & Other Stories, $85.
- MOTHER The Pixie Dazzler Ankle Fray Jean Shopbop, $228 Seeing a lot more visible button front jeans for Spring. Look for less Madewell High Rise Button Front Jean Shopbop, $130
- Tom Ford Lip Contour Duo Nordstrom, $55 Two and one lipstick and lip liner…love!
- Lucy Folk Le Memphis Gold Plated Cuff Net-A-Porter, $350 Seeing this bracelet reminded me of my hieroglyphs cartouche I have from my trip to Egypt when I was young. I will definitely be wearing it this Spring. Lucy Folk Necklace, $300.
- Mansur Gavriel Lambskin Leather Drawstring Bag Nordstrom, $695 mini version click here. A new style for Mansur this season.
- Toga Pulla Mesh PVC Flats Shopbop, $430 The PVC trend we were seeing over the Summer is continuing into Spring with shoes and handbags.
If you want to receive notifications of new posts sign up for my newsletter (see side bar for subscribe button or scroll to the bottom of the page on mobile).
I ventured over to Beverly Hills yesterday for a lunch date at Avra (it was delish!). While I was there I ran (literally because I was late for pick-up) into the Other Stories boutique. So glad I did because they had so many gorgeous holiday pieces that won’t break the bank. Here are some highlights that will have you looking haute holiday ready!
- Glitter Pinstripe Blouse & Other Stories $89
- Metallic Leaf Blouse & Other Stories, $59
- Metallic Puff Sleeve Blouse & Other Stories, $69 Fabric is almost identical to the Saloni Marissa Dress
- Sequin Fringe Pencil Skirt & Other Stories, $99
- Wool Blend Glitter Sweater & Other Stories, $69
- Sequin Midi Pencil Skirt & Other Stories, $89
- Ombre Sequin Midi Dress & Other Stories, $149
- Sequin Mini Wrap Dress & Other Stories, $149 also love Sequined Embellished Dress & Other Stories, $149 (not pictured above) Can be worn with or without the belt.
Jessie Randall of Loeffler Randall is looking chic in a Warm Dress, Loeffler Randall Celeste Slides and a Loeffler Randall Feather clutch. Her beautiful floral dress is designed by Winnie Beattie (owner of Warm boutique in Nolita). Winnie Beattie launched Warm clothing brand in 2015 with Tracy Feith. I used to work on the corner of Mercer and Broome and would stroll the streets of Nolita after work. I would pass the Tracy Feith boutique and covet the colorful bohemian style dresses adorning the windows. After three years of working together, Beattie and Feith decided to part ways, and Fall 2018 was the first season that Beattie designed on her own. Feith has launched his own line of dresses which he sells on instagram called Feith Club. The Spring 2019 line is full of upscale, beachy, floral patterned pieces that are comfortable, and easy to throw on. Below are some highlights from the line.
- Francesca Floral Cotton Blouse Barney’s, $325 Light weight cotton poplin.
- Sierra Dress Shopbop, $575
- Mystic Blouse Shopbop, $385
- Paradise Dress Shopbop, $539 (Fall dress on-sale)
- Sierra Floral Cotton Long Dress Barney’s, $575
- Warm Merci Dress Shopbop, $925
- Loeffler Randall Celeste Knotted Slide Pink Velvet Slide Nordstrom, $209.98 Shoes in the above pic.
- Loeffler Randall Zadiea Feather Circle Tote Shopbop, $350 Bag in the above pic.
I was out shopping this week and stumbled across this Natalie Martin Top and Spell and Gypsy dress. These would be the perfect pieces to fold up and pack on your next warm weather getaway (or even wear now in LA).
- Natalie Martin Jerusha Top Goa Garmetory, $186 also like this color way Natalie Martin Jerusha Top Sand Dollar Red Forward, $247 This is a beautiful silk batik printed top. It’s a slightly cropped, loose fitting, with bell sleeves.
- Spell and the Gypsy Collective Poinciana Gown Shopbop, $240 The print is so pretty, it has tiny metallic stripes which you can’t see in the above picture.
- Spell and the Gypsy Jungle Midi Sundress Free People, $210
- Spell and the Gypsy Jasmine Midi Tunic Free People, $185
As I’m slowly moving into Fall mode (it’s still HOT during the day in LA) I’m noticing I need to refresh my blouse inventory. I love the Ulla Johnson tops because they can be dressed up or down, and take you from daytime to evening. Ulla tends to run big so size down when ordering.
- Ulla Johnson Posey Ruched Floral Top $320 Look for less that I LOVE Banjanan Helena Floral Blouse $145 I have the dress version of this shirt and I love it!
- Ulla Johnson Bailey Blouse Black $335
- Ulla Gracie Eyelet Cotton Blouse $275 additional sizing click here.
- Ulla Johnson Sarah Floral Print Blouse $315 dress version of the blouse click here.
- Ulla Polka Dot Bailey Blouse $335 click here for additional sizing.
- Ulla Cora Ruffled Striped Metallic Cotton Blouse $210
- Ulla Johnson Lilian Floral Print Blouse $255 (not pictured above)
Julie Sarinana was spotted on the streets of Riems, France in this gorgeous floral print Sea dress. I love the bohemian style mixed with the edgy Balmain bag. Here are some of my favorite Sea picks along with the above Balmain bag, and Isabel Marant Western boots.
Childhood friends Sean Monahan, and Monica Paolini ( of Sea, New York) have become known for turning out easy, and everyday styles with an urban rustic vibe to loyal clients around the world.
- Sea Mia Midi Dress $395
- Sea Mia Tunic Dress $395
- Sea Mia Blouse $295
- Sea Keely Top $350
- Sea Keely Flutte Sleeve Midi Dress $470
- Sea Aurora Cotton Midi Dress $445
- Sea Aurora Printed Silk Blouse $345
- Balmain Baby Box Studded Shoulder Bag $1895 look for less click here and here.
- Isabel Marant Dawyna Studded Western Boot $780 look for less click here.