- Flounced Cable Knit Sweater H&M, $29.99. Ulla Johnson look for less sweater.
- Slim Demi Boot Jean Madewell, $75. Last day to take advantage of Madewell’s denim sale. All jeans are $75 with code STOCKUP.
- Boxy Cropped High Collar Jacket & Other Stories, $219.
- Karen Walker Alexandria Sunglasses Oxblood Shopbop, $100. On sale! Love the shape of these.
- Gucci Keychain Coin Purse SSENSE, $390.
- Loeffler Randall Bridget Leather Stretch Boot Net-a-Porter, $395.
My edit from the H&M new arrivals.
- Cotton Beach Dress H&M, $49.99.
- Puff Sleeve Cotton Open Blouse H&M, $24.90. Love the open back with bow closure.
- Gingham Smocked Blouse H&M, $29.99.
- Leopard Puff Sleeve Dress H&M, $29.99. Ganni look for less.
- Floral Tie Neck Blouse H&M, $29.99.
- Cropped Sweatshirt H&M, $12.99.
- Shiny Blouse H&M, $39.99.
- Cropped Cardigan H&M, $24.99. I ordered the beige and it arrived this week. Really cute!
SALE ALERT! Reformation’s up to 40% off sale just went live. Check it out here.
Sending you off into the holiday weekend with some“Poolside Secrets”. First off, I found a great pair of Chanel look for less slides at Amazon along with this chic straw tote. H&M’s hot new arrivals include this white dress (Rhode look for less), twill paper-bag pant, white wrap top (Ganni look for less), v neck dress, a-line cotton dress (great cover-up), and cotton utility jumpsuit (& this Alex Mill one). Goop just got in a new Mirth x Goop dress that would look great with these cream TKEES. Lastly, I thought you would like Bille Blooms’s face masks. Stay safe everyone and have a great July 4th weekend!
Photo: Slim Aarons Poolside Secrets
Belt it Out
Belted shorts, pants, and skirts are big for the Summer season. Picks below.
- Safari Belted Short Frame, $225. Above picture.
- Casual Linen Short Frame, $250.
- Cotton Utility Pant H&M, $24.99. I love the cream color way.
- Expedition Pant Alex Mill, $125.
- AGOLDE Reworked Paperbag Skirt Bloomingdale’s, $188.
- Belted Linen Pleated Short & Other Stories, $69.
- High-rise Belted Paperbag Pant Cream Denim & Other Stories, $79.
- Belted Paperbag Trousers Khaki & Other Stories, $89.
- Amo Relaxed Fit Straight Leg Paperbag Pant Shopbop, $285.
Delicate white feminine tops, skirts, and dresses are on my Tip Top list.
- Scoop Neck Ruffle Top & Other Stories, $89.
- Frilled Broderie Top & Other Stories, $59.
- Frilled Puff Sleeve Top & Other Stories, $69.
- Embroidered Puff Sleeve Top & Other Stories, $69.
- Eyelet Embroidered Dress H&M, $17.99.
- Eyelet Embroidered Skirt H&M, $49.99.
- Airy Tunic H&M, $59.99.
- Crinkled Cotton Dress H&M, $24.99.
Anything that takes me from morning to night is a GO during quarantine! Case in point this quilted Ulla Johnson jacket. I have been wearing a similar quilted version from Ellies & Ivy that I got on my trip to Copenhagen last year. Some more affordable options include this, this, and this by Natalie Martin. For a belted utility look try this & Other stories or this H&M jacket. Mother just got in several new Natalie Martin dresses check them out here, and FRWD is running a 20% off the entire site shop it here.
- Organza Blouse H&M, $34.99.
- White Cotton Beach Dress H&M, $34.99. Great for Spring Break!
- Pastel Tie Dye Sweatshirt H&M, $9.99.
- White Cotton Puff Sleeve Blouse H&M, $39.99.
- Balloon Sleeve Denim Blouse H&M, $39.99.
- Satin Dress H&M, $69.99. So similar to last season’s Ulla Johnson Maya Dress.
- Floral Black Dress H&M, $29.99. Cute cut with slight cinching at the shoulder.
- White Ruffled Trim Blouse H&M, $29.99.
- Balloon Sleeve Sweater H&M, $24.99. Size down I got the xxsmall.
- Baum und Pferdgarten Adamaris Leopard Dress Nordstrom, $279 also love this black midi dress Topshop, $95.
- Ribbed Cardigan H&M, $29.99.
- Valentino Double Wrap Bracelet Nordstrom, $295.
- Clare V. Alice Woven Bag Nordstrom, $250. New bag straps landed at Clare V. my favorite is this checkerboard one.
- Porte & Paire Chain Embellished Ballet Flat Net-a-Porter, $260. Love the chain detail on the ankle.
I ran into H&M yesterday and did a sweep of the store. Here’s what a found.
- Straight Cut Army Jacket H&M, $39.99. First picture. Cute fit and if you wanted to be creative you can sew on some patches ( like this, this, this,or this).
- Balloon Sleeve sweater H&M, $24.99. Second picture.
- Puff Sleeve Sweater H&M, $24.99. Third picture.
- Ruffled Ribbed Sweater H&M, $24.99. New arrival.
- Ruched Cotton Sweatshirt H&M, $39.99.
- Fleece High Collared Jacket H&M, $49.99.
- Wool Blend Coat H&M, $129.
After H&M I stopped into Madewell where I found these really cute and comfortable cargos (on sale & 30% off sale). I like the way they look with my zebra print maryjanes (70% off), Salt strap (also on sale), and gold hoops.
- Re/Done 40’s Bomber Jacket Saks, $1695. Additional sizing here.
- All Saints Bomber Nordstorm, $450. Runs small size up.
- Faux Fur Fauny Bomber Sandro, $595.
- Plush Fleece Bomber J. Crew, $134.99.
- Fur Lined Bomber H&M, $69.99.
My friend invited a group of us to her beautiful home in Sun Valley this past weekend. The weather was mid 50’s during the day and 20’s at night. What to pack?? Our hostess informed us to leave our Uggs at home (too LA) and pack flannels, boots, down jackets, and a hat. Shoes are always the hardest for me. I want to bring so many but I’m limited to what I can fit into my carry-on. I have the Hershell duffle and you would be surprised what you can squeeze in there. I ended up packing 3 pairs of boots, 1 pair of sneakers, 1 down vest, 1 down jacket, a peacoat, 3 pairs of jeans, and 3 sweaters. My complete packing list below.
My friend had two action packed days planned for us. First it was dinner Friday evening at The Covey. A beautiful restaurant that serves gourmet food with excellent service. Saturday we had brunch at Cristina’s which is a charming and intimate restaurant (check out the chef Cristina Ceccatelli’s cookbook Cristina’s Tuscan Table). After Cristina’s we walked around Sun Valley resort and stopped into Panache for a little retail therapy. Then it was iceskating at Sun Valley Lodge and cocktails at the hotel lounge. In the evening we had dinner at The Pioneer Saloon. The Saloon is a landmark restaurant that serves up hearty meals in a western style setting. We finished the night at Whisky Jacques for music, dancing, and pool. On Sunday morning we took a hike along the beautiful Big Wood River. Then it was time to catch our flight home. Sun Valley is a special town surrounded by scenic beauty. I can’t wait to go back!
- White + Warren Cashmere Zebra Sweater Revolve, $435.
- Tartan Plaid Shirt Madewell, $88.
- Everyday Cashmere Sweater J. Crew, $98.
- Puff Sleeve Sweater H&M, $49.99 This is a winner style from H&M this season. The ribbed turtleneck is great too.
- Amo Bella Cream Jean Shopbop, $260.
- Jenni Kayne Quilted down vest (from last season) similar one here by Canada Goose.
- Cropped Fleece Teddy Coat Zara, $89
- Jerome Dreyfuss Sandie Boot Revolve, $343.
- The Clair Lace Up Boot Madewell, $218.
- Jenni Kayne black lace ups (mine are sold) similar here.
- Moncler Lan Jacket SSENSE, $825.
- Mother Denim Stunner Shopbop, $228. I needed a skinny jeans to fit into my high boots.
- Veronica Beard Rugby Shopbop, $195.
- My peacoat is Sandro from a couple seasons ago. Goop has one and so does J. Crew & Mango.
- Brixton Ella Fedora Revolve, $69 & Ribbed Beanie Faux Fur Pom Pom J. Crew, $48.
- Re/Done 40’s Bomber Saks, $1,695. Fell in love with this leather bomber that I saw at Panache. So cute!
I say Faux Sure when it comes to faux leather jeans. They are comfortable, can be dressed up or down, and are more affordable then the real ones. The Atlantic Pacific x Halogen ones I wore over the weekend are nearly sold out but these Mother Insider Crop’s (they also come in a skinny leg) are a great alternative. I wore mine with an Everlane cashmere tee (also love this pearl embellished one & Other Stories), Laura Lombardi necklace, H&M Blazer (also like this corduroy blazer & Other Stories), and leopard Loeffler Randall Sylvana heels.
Like it or not lumberjack chic is a thing this season! Dress it up or down…it’s an essential outwear piece to have this fall.
- Samone Jacket Anine Bing, $399. Jacket in the 1st pic.
- Anine Bing Bobbi Jacket Shopbop, $299. Jacket in the 3rd pic. Maryjane’s are Tabatha Simmons Hermione and practically sold out everywhere but found a size run at Zappos.
- Faux Shearling Plaid Jacket & Other Stories, $149.
- Wool Blend Jacket Shirt H&M, $99.
- Flannel Bromley Shirt Madewell, $88.
- Velvet Kourtney Coat Shopbop, $328.
- Avec Les Filles Long Plaid Wool Jacket Shopbop, $199.
- Oversized Wool Blend Workwear Jacket & Other Stories, $149. Click here for black.
Photo: Anine Bing, Jacey Duprie, & Sylvana Durrett.
If there’s one stand out trend for sweaters this season it’s the balloon sleeve. Some high low picks below.
- Cropped Balloon Sleeve Cardigan & Other Stories, $99.
- Puff Sleeve Sweater H&M, $49.99.
- J. Crew Balloon Sleeve Cable Cardigan J. Crew, $118.
- Denim Wash Puff Sleeve Crop Sweater 525 America, $88. (like this one too). 100% cotton.
- 525 America Rainbow Sweater Revolve, $88. Similar to last seasons Novis sweater but NOT $1500).
- Ulla Johnson Jelena Cardigan Shopbop, $595 & Ulla Turtleneck Sweater.
- Ulla Johnson Philo Pullover Shopbop, $195.
- Line & Dot Fringe Sweater Shopbop, $113.
- I love Mr Mittens Sweater Moda Operandi, $545 Sweater in the above picture.
- C/Meo Collective Hold Tight Sweater Shopbop, $190.
- Rivet & Thread Garment Dye Sweatshirt Madewell, $92. Love the mystic yellow color.
Temperatures are dropping and the Teddy Bear jacket is popping!
- Tiger Mist Teddy Jacket $109 I also like H&M Short Pile Coat $79.99 (short version click here) & Patagonia Classic Retro Fleece Jacket $199 & Levi’s All Over Sherpa Jacket $120 & Reformation Freddie Coat $248 The Teddy Bear jacket is a Winter must-have.
- Sara Battaglia Marsupio Leather Belt Bag $580 I love the pop of color on the accordion sides of this belt bag. It can be worn over the shoulder, crossbody, or as a clutch.
- Equipment Shirley Cashmere Sweater $330 Slim fit, soft, embroidered lightening bold sweater. Sweatshirt option Anine Bing Astrid Sweatshirt $169.
- Vans Desert Embellished Classic Slip On $125 Colorful embellished Van slip-ons.
- Frame Le Crop Mini Boot $250 I like the length of these Frame bootcut jeans. Look for less Madewell Cali Demi Boot $115
- Illesteva Lisbon Sunglasses $240 A new fresh shape for Illesteva.
The holidays are around the corner and I will be updating my SHOP IT store with holiday fashion and gifts. I just added holiday make-up sets from Sephora. Don’t forget to check it out!