My friend invited a group of us to her beautiful home in Sun Valley this past weekend. The weather was mid 50’s during the day and 20’s at night. What to pack?? Our hostess informed us to leave our Uggs at home (too LA) and pack flannels, boots, down jackets, and a hat. Shoes are always the hardest for me. I want to bring so many but I’m limited to what I can fit into my carry-on. I have the Hershell duffle and you would be surprised what you can squeeze in there. I ended up packing 3 pairs of boots, 1 pair of sneakers, 1 down vest, 1 down jacket, a peacoat, 3 pairs of jeans, and 3 sweaters. My complete packing list below.
My friend had two action packed days planned for us. First it was dinner Friday evening at The Covey. A beautiful restaurant that serves gourmet food with excellent service. Saturday we had brunch at Cristina’s which is a charming and intimate restaurant (check out the chef Cristina Ceccatelli’s cookbook Cristina’s Tuscan Table). After Cristina’s we walked around Sun Valley resort and stopped into Panache for a little retail therapy. Then it was iceskating at Sun Valley Lodge and cocktails at the hotel lounge. In the evening we had dinner at The Pioneer Saloon. The Saloon is a landmark restaurant that serves up hearty meals in a western style setting. We finished the night at Whisky Jacques for music, dancing, and pool. On Sunday morning we took a hike along the beautiful Big Wood River. Then it was time to catch our flight home. Sun Valley is a special town surrounded by scenic beauty. I can’t wait to go back!
- White + Warren Cashmere Zebra Sweater Revolve, $435.
- Tartan Plaid Shirt Madewell, $88.
- Everyday Cashmere Sweater J. Crew, $98.
- Puff Sleeve Sweater H&M, $49.99 This is a winner style from H&M this season. The ribbed turtleneck is great too.
- Amo Bella Cream Jean Shopbop, $260.
- Jenni Kayne Quilted down vest (from last season) similar one here by Canada Goose.
- Cropped Fleece Teddy Coat Zara, $89
- Jerome Dreyfuss Sandie Boot Revolve, $343.
- The Clair Lace Up Boot Madewell, $218.
- Jenni Kayne black lace ups (mine are sold) similar here.
- Moncler Lan Jacket SSENSE, $825.
- Mother Denim Stunner Shopbop, $228. I needed a skinny jeans to fit into my high boots.
- Veronica Beard Rugby Shopbop, $195.
- My peacoat is Sandro from a couple seasons ago. Goop has one and so does J. Crew & Mango.
- Brixton Ella Fedora Revolve, $69 & Ribbed Beanie Faux Fur Pom Pom J. Crew, $48.
- Re/Done 40’s Bomber Saks, $1,695. Fell in love with this leather bomber that I saw at Panache. So cute!