My friend invited a group of us to her beautiful home in Sun Valley this past weekend. The weather was mid 50’s during the day and 20’s at night. What to pack?? Our hostess informed us to leave our Uggs at home (too LA) and pack flannels, boots, down jackets, and a hat. Shoes are always the hardest for me. I want to bring so many but I’m limited to what I can fit into my carry-on. I have the Hershell duffle and you would be surprised what you can squeeze in there. I ended up packing 3 pairs of boots, 1 pair of sneakers, 1 down vest, 1 down jacket, a peacoat, 3 pairs of jeans, and 3 sweaters. My complete packing list below.
My friend had two action packed days planned for us. First it was dinner Friday evening at The Covey. A beautiful restaurant that serves gourmet food with excellent service. Saturday we had brunch at Cristina’s which is a charming and intimate restaurant (check out the chef Cristina Ceccatelli’s cookbook Cristina’s Tuscan Table). After Cristina’s we walked around Sun Valley resort and stopped into Panache for a little retail therapy. Then it was iceskating at Sun Valley Lodge and cocktails at the hotel lounge. In the evening we had dinner at The Pioneer Saloon. The Saloon is a landmark restaurant that serves up hearty meals in a western style setting. We finished the night at Whisky Jacques for music, dancing, and pool. On Sunday morning we took a hike along the beautiful Big Wood River. Then it was time to catch our flight home. Sun Valley is a special town surrounded by scenic beauty. I can’t wait to go back!
- White + Warren Cashmere Zebra Sweater Revolve, $435.
- Tartan Plaid Shirt Madewell, $88.
- Everyday Cashmere Sweater J. Crew, $98.
- Puff Sleeve Sweater H&M, $49.99 This is a winner style from H&M this season. The ribbed turtleneck is great too.
- Amo Bella Cream Jean Shopbop, $260.
- Jenni Kayne Quilted down vest (from last season) similar one here by Canada Goose.
- Cropped Fleece Teddy Coat Zara, $89
- Jerome Dreyfuss Sandie Boot Revolve, $343.
- The Clair Lace Up Boot Madewell, $218.
- Jenni Kayne black lace ups (mine are sold) similar here.
- Moncler Lan Jacket SSENSE, $825.
- Mother Denim Stunner Shopbop, $228. I needed a skinny jeans to fit into my high boots.
- Veronica Beard Rugby Shopbop, $195.
- My peacoat is Sandro from a couple seasons ago. Goop has one and so does J. Crew & Mango.
- Brixton Ella Fedora Revolve, $69 & Ribbed Beanie Faux Fur Pom Pom J. Crew, $48.
- Re/Done 40’s Bomber Saks, $1,695. Fell in love with this leather bomber that I saw at Panache. So cute!
I have an upcoming girls trip to Sun Valley and I was told to leave my fancy clothes at home and pack casual. All I need is a Patagonia (or this cute shearling teddy), boots, a flannel, jeans, and a fedora. I have everything except a pair of boots so I’ve narrowed it down to the below.
- Villa Rouge Miloh Hiking Boots Shopbop, $195. Also comes in black.
- Montelliana 1965 Camelia Boot Neiman Marcus, $465.
- Sam Edelman Tenlee Boots Shopbop, $180.
- Madewell Levi Lace Up Boots Shopbop, $228.
- Sorel Ainsley Conquest Shearling Boot Net-a-Porter, $200.
- Prada Leather Boot Net-a-Porter, $990.
Yesterday I was having lunch at Margot, and of course I had to stop by Bird and check out all their new merch. In the fitting room with me were the above Levi Rib Cage Jeans (they came home with me), Amo tee, No 6. clogs (non shearling here), Apiece Apart sweater, Demylee cardigan, and A.P.C pullover. I passed on the Levi leopard cords I didn’t like the fit, I prefer the new Madewell stovepipes. I plan on wearing my new jeans with my Mansur ballet flats…they go with everything including the above Ulla dress (on sale) that I scooped up at Revolve last month.
Like it or not lumberjack chic is a thing this season! Dress it up or down…it’s an essential outwear piece to have this fall.
- Samone Jacket Anine Bing, $399. Jacket in the 1st pic.
- Anine Bing Bobbi Jacket Shopbop, $299. Jacket in the 3rd pic. Maryjane’s are Tabatha Simmons Hermione and practically sold out everywhere but found a size run at Zappos.
- Faux Shearling Plaid Jacket & Other Stories, $149.
- Wool Blend Jacket Shirt H&M, $99.
- Flannel Bromley Shirt Madewell, $88.
- Velvet Kourtney Coat Shopbop, $328.
- Avec Les Filles Long Plaid Wool Jacket Shopbop, $199.
- Oversized Wool Blend Workwear Jacket & Other Stories, $149. Click here for black.
Photo: Anine Bing, Jacey Duprie, & Sylvana Durrett.
These Doen Mary Jane slippers remind me of the ones I used to buy from Pearl River Market on Broadway in early 2000. I loved them then and I love them now!
- Velvet Mary Jane Slipper Doen, $188. Above pic.
- Cotton Mary Jane Pearl River Mart, $16.50 & Floral Brocade Mary Jane , $17.50. They still have them!
- The Row Ava Mary Jane Saks, $790. More sizing here
- Repetto Mary Jane SSENSE, $365.
- Tabitha Simmons Hermione Mary Jane’s Net-a-Porter, $695.
- Alina Leopard Maryjane Madewell, $128.
- Maryam Nassir Zadeh Thelma Flat Need Supply, $435.
- Miu Miu Velvet Flat Moda Operandi, $495.
- Sophia Webster Toni Crystal Faux Pearl Net-a-Porter, $425.
Lots of new fall inventory dropped at Madewell this week. I sorted through it all and have my favorites below.
- Plaid Long Belted Coat Madewell, $328. Jacket in the above picture.
- Cali Demi Boot Pieced Yolk Jean Madewell, $135 also comes in army green. So cute!
- Patti Lace Up Boot Madewell, $228.
- Crewneck Short Sleeve Bodysuit Madewell, $39.50.
- Slim Emmett Wide Leg Crop Pant Madewell, $98.
- Travel Buddy Packable Puffer Coat Madewell, $128. Great travel coat.
- Flannel Bromley Shirt Madewell, $88.
- Sherpa Portland Jacket Madewell, $150.
- Hailie Boot Madewell, $198. Boot in the above picture.
To see all the new arrivals click here.
If there’s one stand out trend for sweaters this season it’s the balloon sleeve. Some high low picks below.
- Cropped Balloon Sleeve Cardigan & Other Stories, $99.
- Puff Sleeve Sweater H&M, $49.99.
- J. Crew Balloon Sleeve Cable Cardigan J. Crew, $118.
- Denim Wash Puff Sleeve Crop Sweater 525 America, $88. (like this one too). 100% cotton.
- 525 America Rainbow Sweater Revolve, $88. Similar to last seasons Novis sweater but NOT $1500).
- Ulla Johnson Jelena Cardigan Shopbop, $595 & Ulla Turtleneck Sweater.
- Ulla Johnson Philo Pullover Shopbop, $195.
- Line & Dot Fringe Sweater Shopbop, $113.
- I love Mr Mittens Sweater Moda Operandi, $545 Sweater in the above picture.
- C/Meo Collective Hold Tight Sweater Shopbop, $190.
- Rivet & Thread Garment Dye Sweatshirt Madewell, $92. Love the mystic yellow color.
Madewell has collaborated on some limited-edition styles with sustainable designer Christy Dawn, who sews vintage-inspired collections exclusively from recycled fabrics in her Los Angeles factory. Click here to see the whole collab.
- Striped Paloma Midi Dress Madewell, $250
- Tallulah Tie Back Dress Black Print Madewell, $238 also in pink.
- Stripe Emmy Top Madewell, $148
- Josephine Peasant Blouse Madewell, $148
For all you A.P.C. lovers another collab launched this week A.P.C x Suzanne Koller (stylist and fashion director of M le Monde). Check it out here at Matches Fashion.
- X Suzanne Koller Drawstring Leather Pouch Matches Fashion, $280
- X Suzanne Koller Leather Slipper Matches Fashion, $380
- X Suzanne Koller Striped Cotton Shirt Matches Fashion, $250
These buckets hats are definitely on my list.
- Prada Bucket Hat Net-a-Porter, $340 additional sizing here tie-dye here.
- Loeffler Randall Bucket Hat Net-a-Porter, $60.
- Madewell Canvas Bucket Hat Nordstrom, $29.50.
- Faithful the Brand Cotton Bucket Hat Net-a-porter, $79 Hat in the first picture.
- Kangol Lahinch Stripe Ribbon Bucket Hat Nordstrom, $45.
- Lacoste Bob Bucket Hat Nordstrom, $49.50.
- The Hatters Magic Hat Malia Mills, $85.
- Burberry Vintage Check Bucket Hat Neiman Marcus, $320.
Photo: @lucywilliams02 & @carolineblomst.
Say yes to the white dress! There’s no denying the white dress trend looming this season.
- Marabella Dress Reformation, $248. Dress in the above pic.
- Veronica Beard Trail Dress Intermix, $258.
- Doen Georgia Lace Dress Net-a-Porter, $245.
- Ruffled Cotton Dobby Midi & Other Stories, $119.
- Ulla Johnson Claribel Dress Net-a-Porter, $425.
- A.L.C. Sidelle Dress Shopbop, $425.
- Juliet Dunn Cotton Midi Dress Matches Fashion, $343.
- Innika Choo Madonna Mini Dress Matches Fashion, $398.
- Madewell Button Front Tank Dress Nordstrom, $110 additional sizing here.
Photo: @parisinfourmonths Carin Olsson
New inventory at Madewell!
- Ruffle Sleeve Bib Top Madewell, $72 Flutter cap sleeve with subtle metallic stripe detailing.
- Metallic Striped Tiered Maxi Dress Madewell, $138.
- Sweet Cherry Earrings Madewell, $28.
- The Medium Beach Tote Bag Madewell, $58.
- Crochet Stripe Tiered Midi Dress Madewell, $148.
- Flutter Sleeve Butterfly Top Madewell, $75 similar cut to this cute Xirena Top.
I love this utility romper Gwyneth Paltrow is wearing at her In Goop Health Event this past weekend. I pulled together the above romper as well as some look for less alternatives below.
- Augustina Flight Romper G. Label, $525 Romper in the above picture.
- Cotton Blend Boilersuit & Other Stories, $99
- Denim Coverall Romper Madewell, $138
- Nili Lotan Romper Nordstrom, $595 also comes in blue.
- Shoes are Clergerie Berlin Platform but not in stores yet. I found them on pre-order at Saks in Gold. Some similar options are Clergerie Barabara Loafer Saks, $595, Clergerie Anima Loafer Farfetch, $479, & Clergerie Roli Loafers Goop, $745.
- Alexander McQueen Sneaker Nordstrom, $490 also Gwyneth approved and would look great with the above romper.
SALE ALERT! The Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale starts May 22nd. Click here to shop the sale.
I had a belated birthday lunch at Élephante yesterday which is right around the corner from Madewell. I stopped in to try on a pair of high rise crop jeans that just arrived on-line and in stores. I love the fit and wash (perfect for Spring) of these new Madewell jeans. While I was there I stumbled upon the jean skirt in the below pic. It’s an A-line fit with button front detailing which is extremely flattering at the waist. They also got in this cute boho maxi which looks great paired with these white Vans, and canvas crossbody bag.
I stopped into to Madewell on Friday to pick up a pair of the white cali denim boot jeans (love). They are slightly flared, with a raw hem, and hit my ankle in just the right spot. While I was there I scouted out some of their new styles that just landed. It’s a great time to shop Madewell because they are having a sale save up to 30% off with code SPEND2SAVE.
- Easy Crop Tee Madewell, $35 also like the stripe version.
- Griff Fatigue Pant Madewell, $98 On-line only. They remind me of my This is the Great cargo pants but for a lot less.
- Cowrie Shell Mini Hoop Earrings Madewell, $18
- Rainbow Webbing Belt Madewell, $32
- Packable Mesa Straw Hat Madewell, $29.50
- Addie Slide Sandal Madewell, $88
- Rainbow Crop Sweatshirt Madewell, $49.50
Some other items to check out are Hutton Pull On Crop Pant (and these). They are so comfortable and I like how the elastic is only in the back of the pant much more flattering at the waist. They also have some cute Stine Goya pieces available on-line.
All UNDER $100!
- Cotton Linen Crew Sweater Everlane, $60
- Madewell Boardwalk Lace Up Sandal Shopbop, $59.50 Also comes in brown and black.
- Clare V Petite Sandy Tote Shopbop, $99 Great Spring/Summer tote bag also comes in black.
- MOTHER Looker high waisted Ankle Fray Jean Nordstrom Rack, $89.97 Just in at the Rack.
- J Crew Contrast Slub Cotton Ringer Tee Nordstrom,$15.90
- MOTHER Charmer Fray White Short Nordstrom Rack, $59.97 & Everywhere You Go Short Shopbop, $78. Really cute paper bag short that arrived at Shopbop yesterday.
- Valet Hair Clip Net-A-Porter, $35
- Tretorn Nylite Sneaker Shopbop, $70
- Hat Attack Everyday Fedora Revolve, $94
- Laura Lombardi Luna Earrings Net-A-Porter, $70 & Shashi Shell and Turquoise Earring Shopbop, $52.
- TKEES Studio Scalloped Flip Flop Shopbop, $68
If you want to receive notifications of new posts sign up for my newsletter (see side bar for subscribe button or scroll to the bottom of the page on mobile).