This week I was catching up with an old friend who just so happens to be the head of Madewell denim. I asked her what her favorite new styles are and this is what she said.
- Mid-rise Classic Straight Carsondale Wash Madewell, $128.
- The Perfect Vintage Rosabelle Wash Madewell, $128.
- 11″ High Rise Skinny Longridge Wash Madewell, $128.
- Cali Demi Boot Jean Fleetwood Wash Madewell, $128.
I ran into H&M yesterday and did a sweep of the store. Here’s what a found.
- Straight Cut Army Jacket H&M, $39.99. First picture. Cute fit and if you wanted to be creative you can sew on some patches ( like this, this, this,or this).
- Balloon Sleeve sweater H&M, $24.99. Second picture.
- Puff Sleeve Sweater H&M, $24.99. Third picture.
- Ruffled Ribbed Sweater H&M, $24.99. New arrival.
- Ruched Cotton Sweatshirt H&M, $39.99.
- Fleece High Collared Jacket H&M, $49.99.
- Wool Blend Coat H&M, $129.
After H&M I stopped into Madewell where I found these really cute and comfortable cargos (on sale & 30% off sale). I like the way they look with my zebra print maryjanes (70% off), Salt strap (also on sale), and gold hoops.
I’m really excited that Matches Fashion just started carrying two new lines that I love! Brooklyn based designer Lauren Manoogian and Parisian bag line Rue de Verneuil. Both featured in today’s post.
- Marled Cotton Cable Sweater Lou & Grey, $98.
- High Rise Cargo Fatigue Pants Madewell, $118.
- Lauren Manoogian Barcelona Leather Tote Matches Fashion, $793. Also love the knitted tote.
- Meredith Quill Delicate Chain Link Bracelet Etsy, $40. Chunky Chainlink necklace Etsy, $150.
- Veja V-10 Saks, $150. (runs big size down) and Bloomingdales.
- Jennifer Fisher Hoops Goop, $200.
- Rue De Verneuil Lego Medium Canvas Tote Matches Fashion, $192. Navy/White here.
SALE ALERT!! Mansur Gavriel is offering an additional 20% of sale with code MG_Extra20. To shop the sale click here.
There’s a big Hoopla about hoops. I especially love the Jennifer Fisher ones that Busy Phillips is wearing in the above pictures. More options below.
- Jennifer Fisher Maeve I prefer the mini or petit.
- Jennifer Fisher x Goop Hoops Goop, $200.
- Jennifer Fisher Baby Classic Hoops Moda, $250.
- Jennifer Fisher Love Hoops Net-a-Porter, $295.
- Melissa Joy Manning Hoop Net-a-Porter, $175. For a more delicate hoop.
- Laura Lombardi Cara Hoops Goop, $84.
- Sophie Buhai Cowbell Hoops Moda, $395. On pre-order.
- Medium Gold Hoop Madewell, $18.
There are so many things I love about the above outfit Emma Roberts is wearing. First, her belted Topshop mini dress ($55)! Second, her mock turtleneck which has been in heavy rotation in my wardrobe lately. My favorites being this Amo (also like this one), Splendid (above pic), and Madewell. Third, her opaque tights mixed with boots and a mini dress! Emma’s boots are By Far, but you can also get the look with these, these, and these. Outfit done!
My friend invited a group of us to her beautiful home in Sun Valley this past weekend. The weather was mid 50’s during the day and 20’s at night. What to pack?? Our hostess informed us to leave our Uggs at home (too LA) and pack flannels, boots, down jackets, and a hat. Shoes are always the hardest for me. I want to bring so many but I’m limited to what I can fit into my carry-on. I have the Hershell duffle and you would be surprised what you can squeeze in there. I ended up packing 3 pairs of boots, 1 pair of sneakers, 1 down vest, 1 down jacket, a peacoat, 3 pairs of jeans, and 3 sweaters. My complete packing list below.
My friend had two action packed days planned for us. First it was dinner Friday evening at The Covey. A beautiful restaurant that serves gourmet food with excellent service. Saturday we had brunch at Cristina’s which is a charming and intimate restaurant (check out the chef Cristina Ceccatelli’s cookbook Cristina’s Tuscan Table). After Cristina’s we walked around Sun Valley resort and stopped into Panache for a little retail therapy. Then it was iceskating at Sun Valley Lodge and cocktails at the hotel lounge. In the evening we had dinner at The Pioneer Saloon. The Saloon is a landmark restaurant that serves up hearty meals in a western style setting. We finished the night at Whisky Jacques for music, dancing, and pool. On Sunday morning we took a hike along the beautiful Big Wood River. Then it was time to catch our flight home. Sun Valley is a special town surrounded by scenic beauty. I can’t wait to go back!
- White + Warren Cashmere Zebra Sweater Revolve, $435.
- Tartan Plaid Shirt Madewell, $88.
- Everyday Cashmere Sweater J. Crew, $98.
- Puff Sleeve Sweater H&M, $49.99 This is a winner style from H&M this season. The ribbed turtleneck is great too.
- Amo Bella Cream Jean Shopbop, $260.
- Jenni Kayne Quilted down vest (from last season) similar one here by Canada Goose.
- Cropped Fleece Teddy Coat Zara, $89
- Jerome Dreyfuss Sandie Boot Revolve, $343.
- The Clair Lace Up Boot Madewell, $218.
- Jenni Kayne black lace ups (mine are sold) similar here.
- Moncler Lan Jacket SSENSE, $825.
- Mother Denim Stunner Shopbop, $228. I needed a skinny jeans to fit into my high boots.
- Veronica Beard Rugby Shopbop, $195.
- My peacoat is Sandro from a couple seasons ago. Goop has one and so does J. Crew & Mango.
- Brixton Ella Fedora Revolve, $69 & Ribbed Beanie Faux Fur Pom Pom J. Crew, $48.
- Re/Done 40’s Bomber Saks, $1,695. Fell in love with this leather bomber that I saw at Panache. So cute!
I have an upcoming girls trip to Sun Valley and I was told to leave my fancy clothes at home and pack casual. All I need is a Patagonia (or this cute shearling teddy), boots, a flannel, jeans, and a fedora. I have everything except a pair of boots so I’ve narrowed it down to the below.
- Villa Rouge Miloh Hiking Boots Shopbop, $195. Also comes in black.
- Montelliana 1965 Camelia Boot Neiman Marcus, $465.
- Sam Edelman Tenlee Boots Shopbop, $180.
- Madewell Levi Lace Up Boots Shopbop, $228.
- Sorel Ainsley Conquest Shearling Boot Net-a-Porter, $200.
- Prada Leather Boot Net-a-Porter, $990.
Yesterday I was having lunch at Margot, and of course I had to stop by Bird and check out all their new merch. In the fitting room with me were the above Levi Rib Cage Jeans (they came home with me), Amo tee, No 6. clogs (non shearling here), Apiece Apart sweater, Demylee cardigan, and A.P.C pullover. I passed on the Levi leopard cords I didn’t like the fit, I prefer the new Madewell stovepipes. I plan on wearing my new jeans with my Mansur ballet flats…they go with everything including the above Ulla dress (on sale) that I scooped up at Revolve last month.
Like it or not lumberjack chic is a thing this season! Dress it up or down…it’s an essential outwear piece to have this fall.
- Samone Jacket Anine Bing, $399. Jacket in the 1st pic.
- Anine Bing Bobbi Jacket Shopbop, $299. Jacket in the 3rd pic. Maryjane’s are Tabatha Simmons Hermione and practically sold out everywhere but found a size run at Zappos.
- Faux Shearling Plaid Jacket & Other Stories, $149.
- Wool Blend Jacket Shirt H&M, $99.
- Flannel Bromley Shirt Madewell, $88.
- Velvet Kourtney Coat Shopbop, $328.
- Avec Les Filles Long Plaid Wool Jacket Shopbop, $199.
- Oversized Wool Blend Workwear Jacket & Other Stories, $149. Click here for black.
Photo: Anine Bing, Jacey Duprie, & Sylvana Durrett.
These Doen Mary Jane slippers remind me of the ones I used to buy from Pearl River Market on Broadway in early 2000. I loved them then and I love them now!
- Velvet Mary Jane Slipper Doen, $188. Above pic.
- Cotton Mary Jane Pearl River Mart, $16.50 & Floral Brocade Mary Jane , $17.50. They still have them!
- The Row Ava Mary Jane Saks, $790. More sizing here
- Repetto Mary Jane SSENSE, $365.
- Tabitha Simmons Hermione Mary Jane’s Net-a-Porter, $695.
- Alina Leopard Maryjane Madewell, $128.
- Maryam Nassir Zadeh Thelma Flat Need Supply, $435.
- Miu Miu Velvet Flat Moda Operandi, $495.
- Sophia Webster Toni Crystal Faux Pearl Net-a-Porter, $425.
Lots of new fall inventory dropped at Madewell this week. I sorted through it all and have my favorites below.
- Plaid Long Belted Coat Madewell, $328. Jacket in the above picture.
- Cali Demi Boot Pieced Yolk Jean Madewell, $135 also comes in army green. So cute!
- Patti Lace Up Boot Madewell, $228.
- Crewneck Short Sleeve Bodysuit Madewell, $39.50.
- Slim Emmett Wide Leg Crop Pant Madewell, $98.
- Travel Buddy Packable Puffer Coat Madewell, $128. Great travel coat.
- Flannel Bromley Shirt Madewell, $88.
- Sherpa Portland Jacket Madewell, $150.
- Hailie Boot Madewell, $198. Boot in the above picture.
To see all the new arrivals click here.
If there’s one stand out trend for sweaters this season it’s the balloon sleeve. Some high low picks below.
- Cropped Balloon Sleeve Cardigan & Other Stories, $99.
- Puff Sleeve Sweater H&M, $49.99.
- J. Crew Balloon Sleeve Cable Cardigan J. Crew, $118.
- Denim Wash Puff Sleeve Crop Sweater 525 America, $88. (like this one too). 100% cotton.
- 525 America Rainbow Sweater Revolve, $88. Similar to last seasons Novis sweater but NOT $1500).
- Ulla Johnson Jelena Cardigan Shopbop, $595 & Ulla Turtleneck Sweater.
- Ulla Johnson Philo Pullover Shopbop, $195.
- Line & Dot Fringe Sweater Shopbop, $113.
- I love Mr Mittens Sweater Moda Operandi, $545 Sweater in the above picture.
- C/Meo Collective Hold Tight Sweater Shopbop, $190.
- Rivet & Thread Garment Dye Sweatshirt Madewell, $92. Love the mystic yellow color.
Madewell has collaborated on some limited-edition styles with sustainable designer Christy Dawn, who sews vintage-inspired collections exclusively from recycled fabrics in her Los Angeles factory. Click here to see the whole collab.
- Striped Paloma Midi Dress Madewell, $250
- Tallulah Tie Back Dress Black Print Madewell, $238 also in pink.
- Stripe Emmy Top Madewell, $148
- Josephine Peasant Blouse Madewell, $148
For all you A.P.C. lovers another collab launched this week A.P.C x Suzanne Koller (stylist and fashion director of M le Monde). Check it out here at Matches Fashion.
- X Suzanne Koller Drawstring Leather Pouch Matches Fashion, $280
- X Suzanne Koller Leather Slipper Matches Fashion, $380
- X Suzanne Koller Striped Cotton Shirt Matches Fashion, $250
These buckets hats are definitely on my list.
- Prada Bucket Hat Net-a-Porter, $340 additional sizing here tie-dye here.
- Loeffler Randall Bucket Hat Net-a-Porter, $60.
- Madewell Canvas Bucket Hat Nordstrom, $29.50.
- Faithful the Brand Cotton Bucket Hat Net-a-porter, $79 Hat in the first picture.
- Kangol Lahinch Stripe Ribbon Bucket Hat Nordstrom, $45.
- Lacoste Bob Bucket Hat Nordstrom, $49.50.
- The Hatters Magic Hat Malia Mills, $85.
- Burberry Vintage Check Bucket Hat Neiman Marcus, $320.
Photo: @lucywilliams02 & @carolineblomst.