Feelin’ Fila on and off the court! Fila was founded in 1911 in Piedmont, Italy. Originally a textile company that started making clothing for people in the Italian Alps. The company moved into sportswear in the 1970’s and really took off with the endorsement of many tennis players including Björn Borg. They reached their height in the 90’s, and we are now seeing a revival of this cult favorite brand. They just did a collaboration with Fendi click here to see it. Below are some favorites of mine.
- Fila Enrica Oversized Cardigan Shopbop, $300
- Fila Martina Puffer Coat Tilly’s, $109
- Fila Islae Fleece Jacket Nordstrom, $100 Jacket in the above picture.
- Fila Clara Legging Nordstrom, $56
- Fila Oriana Velour Pant Fila, $68
- Fila Colorblock Cropped Sweatshirt Shopbop, $60
- Fila Ray Tracer Sneaker Shopbop, $85
- Fendi x Fila Mania Logo Socks Nordstrom, $140
- Fila Summer Sweatshirt Shopbop, $60
Shopbop just added a ton of new inventory to sale click here to check it out.
I was in West Hollywood this weekend and decided to check out the new The Great store by Emily Current and Merrit Elliot on Melrose Ave. While I was there I popped into the Vince store. I was happy I did because they had so many beautiful pieces. Here are some highlights. It’s a great time to shop Vince because Nordstrom is price matching (25% off) click here to see the full collection. Here are some of my top picks.
- Vince Oversized Funnel Neck Sweater Pullover $288.75 & Vince Bias Cut Satin Slip Skirt $265 I love the look of an oversized sweater with a satin midi skirt.
- Plush Faux Fur Coat $371.25 This jacket is so soft, and a cute cropped fit. I also love this casual Crop Cotton Jacket. Look for less by Blank Denim click here. Vince Drawstring Cotton Crop Jacket $296.25
- Vince Shrunken Cashmere Sweater $221.25 Great classic shrunken fit sweater.
- Vince Asymmetric Hem Pleated Skirt $243.75 click here for additional sizing. Beautiful asymmetrical hem pleated skirt.
- Vince Split Hem Crop Suede Stretch Pant Black $746.25 & Vince Split Hem Crop Suede Pant Cherry & Elmwood $746.25 Saw these in the store and love them! They are fitted but have stretch so they are comfy.
- Vince Casper Suede Knee Boots Brown $615 click here for black. (not pictured above) The slouch boot is back!
The Western Trend has hit the stores and streets for Fall 2018. We are seeing heavy cowboy characteristics, American heritage mood, stand-out yolk detailing on shirts, rustic cowboy boots, and prairie florals.
- Veronica Beard Atty Cashmere Sweater $395 click here for additional sizing.
- Madewell Cali Demi Boot Corduroy Jeans $130 I will be ordering the Madewell Demi Cords for sure!. Veronica Beard Corduroy Flare Pants $250 If you want a long flare leg (like the picture above) the Veronica Beard ones are a great option.
- Johanna Ortiz Tartan Shirt with Western Piping $550 also like this and this by Veronica Beard.
- Anine Bing Bobbi Flannel Red Jacket $299 & Isabel Marant Etoile Gast Checkered Shirt $520 I spotted this adorable Anine Bing Flannel Jacket on Jennifer Meyer. Love it!
- Fauzian Jeunesse Red Star Ankle Boots $695 click here for Navy. These beautiful boots are designed, crafted, and made in Italy by hand. Look for less click here and here (Frye Bill Stud Short).
- Veronica Beard Benni Faux Shearling Jacket $650 look for less by BB Dakota click here. A moto jacket with a western flare.
- Veronica Beard Cowboy Cotton Jersey T-Shirt $120 (not pictured above) Adorable classic jersey tee!
photo: Romee Strijd The Styleograph
& Other Stories was all over the streets of London and Paris. Here are some of my favorite pieces I found when shopping.
- Leopard Print Dress $89 This dress is so cute on! It’s a sexy mini, and I love the back open slit detailing.
- Frills Relaxed Knit Sweater $85 This remind me of the Ulla Johnson sweater but it’s a lot less.
- Colour Block Sweater $99 I love the color way of this sweater.
- Corduroy Mini Skirt $69 and A-Line Corduroy Midi Skirt $89 These two corduroy skirts look great paired with a sweater.
- Zig Zag Merino Wool Sweater $69 I saw someone wearing this on the streets of Paris with the above Corduroy Mini. It looked so chic, and was surprised to see it at Other Stories for only $69.
- Cropped Wide Corduroy Trouser $89 These are very comfortable, and have just enough stretch. I like these if you want a fuller leg Duo Snap Button Corduroy Culottes $89
As we head into Labor Day weekend, and Summer comes to a close it’s time to think about Fall Fashion! See below for The Wednesday Way.
If you want to scoop us some last minute Summer markdowns check out Shopbop’s latest sale (up to 70% off) and click here.
- Free People Just My Stripe Pullover $108 This 100% cotton, cropped, nautical striped sweater is adorable with the 3×1 army green chino’s.
- RE/DONE + Hanes 1960’s Cotton Jersey Tee $75 click here for white. What a great collaboration!
- Veronica Beard Potter Fleece & Denim Jacket $495 look for less Zara Faux Fur Biker Jacket $129. I love the denim and fleece combo on this Veronica Beard Jacket.
- Alexander Wang Kori Stretch Bootie $595 click here for cranberry color way. I have a pair of Alexander Wang booties from last season, and they are so comfortable. The heel is just the right height.
- 3×1 W3 Straight Authentic Crop Jean Elise $275 Washed out black denim is trending for Fall. These 3×1 jeans are cropped, stretchy, and have a frayed hem.
- Loren Stewart Nakita 14k Gold Hoop Earrings $225 These Loren Stewart hoops are slim, light weight, and handmade out of 14k gold.
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star $85 I love the look of these natural colored Chuck Taylors, with a cropped jean or pant.
- 3×1 Vic Button Chino $275 These 3×1 pants are made of stretch-cotton, and have a straight leg cropped fit.
I love the look of these cropped plain front chino’s. I picked several pairs that I think are practical, and will transition well from Summer to Fall.
- Madewell Emmett Wide-Leg Crop Pant $88 These are constructed of stretch canvas fabric.
- Everlane Wide Leg Crop Pant $68 & Everlane Straight Leg Crop Pant $68 These are constructed of stretch cotton twill.
- Vince Wide Leg Pant $245 The Vince pant has a bit more structured feel to it. I love the cream color for Fall.
- A.L.C. Flynn Pants $345 The the corset detailing on the back of the pant are so cute!
- Other Stories High Waist Trouser $89 These are the mustard pants that Emma Hill is wearing in the above pic…cute and affordable!
photo: Emma Hill & Aimee Song