Thanks to Miuccia Prada who made feathers fabulous again trimming pajamas sets and pretty Prada pumps. This feminine embellishment is a trend we are seeing adorning accessories and clothing. Below are some feather frocks.
- Zadie Feather Bag Loeffler Randall, $350 Bag in the below picture.
- Loeffler Randall Laurel Ostrich Feather Slides Saks, $180 (on sale)
- Loeffler Randall Lilly Slide Zappos, $237 (on sale)
- Quinella Dress Club Monaco, $279 Above black dress.
- Jocelyn Fifi Dyed Feather Bolero Nordstrom, $395 also like this
- Topshop Marabou Feather Bag Nordstrom, $52
- bübish Berlin Ostrich Feather Bolero Norstrom, $399
- Stine Goya Candice Feather Sweater Net-A-Porter, $390
Photo: Jessie Bush & Jessie Loeffler
Jessie Randall of Loeffler Randall is looking chic in a Warm Dress, Loeffler Randall Celeste Slides and a Loeffler Randall Feather clutch. Her beautiful floral dress is designed by Winnie Beattie (owner of Warm boutique in Nolita). Winnie Beattie launched Warm clothing brand in 2015 with Tracy Feith. I used to work on the corner of Mercer and Broome and would stroll the streets of Nolita after work. I would pass the Tracy Feith boutique and covet the colorful bohemian style dresses adorning the windows. After three years of working together, Beattie and Feith decided to part ways, and Fall 2018 was the first season that Beattie designed on her own. Feith has launched his own line of dresses which he sells on instagram called Feith Club. The Spring 2019 line is full of upscale, beachy, floral patterned pieces that are comfortable, and easy to throw on. Below are some highlights from the line.
- Francesca Floral Cotton Blouse Barney’s, $325 Light weight cotton poplin.
- Sierra Dress Shopbop, $575
- Mystic Blouse Shopbop, $385
- Paradise Dress Shopbop, $539 (Fall dress on-sale)
- Sierra Floral Cotton Long Dress Barney’s, $575
- Warm Merci Dress Shopbop, $925
- Loeffler Randall Celeste Knotted Slide Pink Velvet Slide Nordstrom, $209.98 Shoes in the above pic.
- Loeffler Randall Zadiea Feather Circle Tote Shopbop, $350 Bag in the above pic.
Isabel Marant has a great selection of boots this coming Fall 2018. I am seeing a lot of Western inspired, combat, and hiking boots trending for Fall. Here are some Isabel highlights…never too early to think about Fall even if it’s sweltering in Los Angeles.
- Dicker Ankle Boot $580 & Dacken Stacked Heel Bootie $560 The Dicker has been around for years. A classic boot that will never go out of style. I also like the Dacken which has a bit of a western flare to it.
- Studded Combat Boot $840 Combat boots are huge for Fall.
- Flat Marvin Studded Buckle Mule $615 I love these! It’s a blinged out Birkenstock Boston. I love the Taupe color way as well.
- Dawyna Studded Western Bootie A Western inspired boot with silver hardware on the heel.
- Derlyn Boot $655 Simple Western bootie & Dailan Boot $980 Beautiful and elegant mid rise evening boot.
I had a couple hours to burn at Century City so I decided to take on Zara. It can be overwhelming but it was worthwhile in the end. Here’s what I found.
- White Embroidered Top I like this feminine top mixed with a masculine bottom like army pants or ripped jeans.
- Authentic Denim Mini Skirt As the weather warms up we need an alternative to jeans and this fits the bill.
- Short Ruffled Dress This is an off the shoulder organic cotton dress. The fabric is light weight which is great for those warm summer days.
- Blue Embroidered Top This Zara top has the Vita Kin look for a lot less. It runs big so make sure to size down. I bought the x-small.
- Z1975 Jeans with Side Stripes I tired these on and was surprised at how well they fit. They are slim fitting, have stripe detailing, and a frayed hem.
- Sweater with Crochet Sleeves This is a 100% cotton crochet top. It runs small so size up I got the large.
- Leather Crossover Sandal These have the Hermes & YSL feel but for a lot less.