Feelin’ Fila on and off the court! Fila was founded in 1911 in Piedmont, Italy. Originally a textile company that started making clothing for people in the Italian Alps. The company moved into sportswear in the 1970’s and really took off with the endorsement of many tennis players including Björn Borg. They reached their height in the 90’s, and we are now seeing a revival of this cult favorite brand. They just did a collaboration with Fendi click here to see it. Below are some favorites of mine.
- Fila Enrica Oversized Cardigan Shopbop, $300
- Fila Martina Puffer Coat Tilly’s, $109
- Fila Islae Fleece Jacket Nordstrom, $100 Jacket in the above picture.
- Fila Clara Legging Nordstrom, $56
- Fila Oriana Velour Pant Fila, $68
- Fila Colorblock Cropped Sweatshirt Shopbop, $60
- Fila Ray Tracer Sneaker Shopbop, $85
- Fendi x Fila Mania Logo Socks Nordstrom, $140
- Fila Summer Sweatshirt Shopbop, $60
Shopbop just added a ton of new inventory to sale click here to check it out.
The first thing I grab when I wake up on these chilly mornings is a soft cozy sweatshirt. It’s also the last thing I put on after coming home and unwinding on the couch. Here are some of my favorite sweatshirts.
- THE GREAT The College Sweatshirt $185 The Great runs big size down. (above pic)
- THE GREAT The College Sweatshirt $129.50 (on sale) and click here maroon color way on sale (and here for matching sweatpants).
- Aviator Nation 5 Stripe Hoodie $189
- Aviator Nation Daydream Sweatshirt $156
- Champion Colorblock Hoodie $80 & Champion Colorblock Fleece Sweatshirt $70
- FREECITY Lightning Strikes Sweatshirt $178
- Solid & Striped x RE/DONE Malibu Sweatshirt $136.50 (on sale)
- Everlane Oversized Fleece Crew $45
The Shopbop sale is still going strong. Check out the sale here and go to my SHOP IT page for some sale highlights.
Back to Black (one of my favorites!) is the second and final studio album by English singer and songwriter Amy Winehouse. It was released on the 27th of October 2006. The album spawned five singles: “Rehab”, “You Know I’m No Good”, “Back to Black”, “Tears Dry on Their Own” and “Love Is a Losing Game”.
According to Vogue, one of the top street style trends during Spring fashion week was head to toe black. Here are some classic pieces that can we worn season after season.
- Petit Bateau Women’s 1×1 Iconic Tee Black $46 additional sizing click here from Shopbop & Petit Bateau 1×1 Iconic Tee Jolie & City $30 When I was in Paris I stopped by the Petit Bateau store and picked up several basic t-shirts. They are fitted but not too tight, and made of soft quality cotton.
- Greats The Royale $179 The first sneaker brand to be born in Brooklyn, New York. Started by Ryan Babenzien and Jon Buscemi in 2013, they create quality products that are sold directly to the consumer (except Nordstrom carries a couple styles). All the leather sneakers are made in Italy. This style comes in several other colors.
- IRO Ashville Leather Jacket $1200 look for less All Saints Dalby Leather Jacket $450 additional sizing click here. A classic moto jacket is a Fall wardrobe staple.
- Stuart Weitzman Tieland Over the Knee Boots $798 look for less Sam Edelman Hai Tall Boot $200. The Stuart Weitzman high boots are always a best seller year after year. I like the block heel because they can be worn daytime and evenings.
- Mansur Gavriel Pebbled Leather Mini Duffle $745 A fun new shape from Mansur.
- Everlane Women’s Classic French Terry Crew $40 & Everlane Women’s Cashmere Waffle Square Crew $150 The mornings and evenings are starting to get chilly in Los Angeles. I like a comfy classic sweatshirt to throw on in the house or running to yoga.
- MOTHER The Insider Crop Jeans $205 additional sizing click here (clean hem version). I like the length of these (above the ankle), they look great with a slide, bootie, or sneaker.
I practically live in my workout gear every morning of the week. When Nordstrom had their Anniversary sale I loaded up on Alo gear (several of the above). Bloomingdales is doing a promotion on select Alo pieces (click here to view) and offering friends and family, so it’s great time to stock up!
- Lululemon Align Pant Full Length Camo $98 Not part of the Bloomies friends and family, but I love the camo pattern so much had to post.
- Alo Yoga High Waist Airbrush Legging $82 click here for cherry and silver color way and here for capri version. I like the high waist on these…super comfortable!
- Alo Yoga Goddess High Waist Leggings $94 Great for yoga!
- Alo Yoga Reform Legging $112.50 25% off at Bloomies. Love the side detailing.
- Scuba Crew Shibori Long Sleeve Sweatshirt $98 click here for the zip up hoodie.
- Adidas Originals NMD R1 Rubber Trimmed Sneaker $140
- APL Techloom Sneakers $165
- Nike Epic React BETRUE Flyknit Sneaker $150 additional sizing click here and here.
- Alo Yoga Box Hoodie $70.50 25% off at Bloomies.
MADWELL X KAREN WALKER
Madewell teamed up with New Zealand designer Karen Walker for a capsule collection. Think floral dresses, cat-eye sunglasses and, of course, lots of denim! Click here for the full collection. Below are my favorite pieces from the collection.
- Silk Floral Rosalie Ruffled Dress $168
- Striped Ruffle Top $92
- Silk Floral Gennaker Top
- Denim Killick Skirt $98
- Silk Floral Loretta Dress $175
- Garment Dyed Sweatshirt $75
Check Your Head is the third studio album by American hip hop group Beastie Boys, released on April 21, 1992 by Capitol Records. One of my favorites!
- Solid & Striped x RE/DONE Malibu Sweatshirt $195 Part of a collaboration between Solid & Striped and cult LA label RE/DONE, this ‘The Malibu’ hooded top has a cool West Coast vibe.
- Rag & Bone Ridley Gingham Sweater $350 This cozy Rag & Bone sweater just arrived at Nordstrom.
- Louis Vuitton Noe BB Damier Azur Canvas $1230 The bucket bag is trending big time! I love this classic one from Louis Vuitton.
- Clare V. Flat Clutch $245 This beaded evening clutch will spruce up an evening out on the town.
- Solid & Striped RE/DONE The Malibu Checked Swimsuit $170 black color way click here. Created in Water Mill, New York, Solid & Striped strives for elegance and simplicity with its swimwear collections. Everything is made from the finest European and Japanese fabrics.
- Vans Classic Checker Sneaker $49.95 Favorites of skateboarders and surfers alike since 1966.
2018 Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Red Notice by Bill Browder $11.55
- Best Made Company Canvas Holdall $230 Best Made is an outdoor lifestyle company. It was born from the idea of making things with your hands. With an offering now expanded to wearable goods and travel kits, the brand continues to focus on premium materials and careful craft.
- Best Made Company Leather Billfold Wallet $150
- Wolf and Shepherd Ringer Onyx Loafer $325 Wolf and Shepherd provides a solution for men combining the technology of a running shoe with a dress shoe.
- Best Made Company Embassy Brass Pen $100
- Best Made Company 4cm Brown Belt $100 click here for black
- Best Made Company Panama Cloth Chore Jacket $198
- Best Made Company SWS Cordura Duffle Bag $170
- Topo Designs Commuter Briefcase $189 It’s a lightweight and versatile bag. It can be worn as a briefcase, messenger bag, or backpack.
- Hartford Melange Sweatshirt $145
- Taylor Stitch Democratic Chino $98 A San Francisco based company that wanted to fill the gap for sophisticated dressing.
- Bose Quiet Comfort Headphones $199
- Adidas Campus Shoes $98