I’m so happy that I’ve inspired many of you to do a big closet clean-out. I had a request for t-shirt recommendations so sharing my favorites below.
- ATM Schoolboy Tee
- Jungmaven Ojai Tee
- Everlane Air Muscle Tee Size down runs big, I love wearing these under my sweaters because they are so thin.
- Amo Classic Tee
- Velvet Jillian V Neck Tee
- Everlane Air Scoop Neck Size down oversized fit.
- Re/Done Classic Tee
- Skin Organic Cotton Tee
- Skin Cotton Jersey Cami Set
Above Sweater – Kule
Fun Dinner Idea – the other night I made sushi with the family. I used the NYT sushi rice recipe and got crab and lobster meat from Santa Monica Seafood. I made a spicy sauce with mayo, chili paste, soy sauce, and sesame oil and mixed it into the seafood. I julienned cucumbers and sliced up avocado and rolled it all up. Another recipe that I tried for the first time over the break was Roberta’s Pizza Dough which was amazing if you like a thin crust pizza.
Have a great day everyone!
Disclosure: If you shop through my links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you. I only feature things I truly love. Thank you for supporting my blog.
Karla Welch, one of Hollywood’s A list stylist’s teamed up with Hane’s to debut a collection of tee’s that provide classic comfort with modern cuts. Shopbop just received several of her nautical inspired tee’s see below. Another brand to watch out for is Scott Sternberg’s (formerly of Band of Outsiders) line Entireworld. He launched his line of luxury basics with the intention of creating quality wardrobe staples.
- Hanes x Karla Striped Crew Tee Navy/White & Navy/Red Shopbop, $50 Runs small size up in all of Hanes x Karla.
- Hanes x Karla Striped Crew Tee Navy/Green Shopbop, $50
- Hanes x Karla Striped Crew Tee Mustard/White Shopbop, $50
- Hanes x Karla Solid Crew Tee Black & Grey Shopbop, $40 click here for white.
- Entireworld Ribbed Henley Tee Need Supply, $50
- Entireworld Henley Tank Goop, $28
- Entireworld Long Sleeve Mock Neck Shirt Goop, $45
It’s been freezing in LA these past couple of day. I haven’t taken off my Moncler Lans Puffer Coat (Black and Navy finally in stock at Nordstrom). Here’s a cute outfit you can layer that will keep you warm in these Kule winter temps.
- KULE Sinclair Cardigan Shopbop, $348 Catch the cardigan trend with this preppy Kule Cardigan.
- Frame Parisian Straight Leg Jeans Nordstrom, $275 Great trouser jeans with stretch, straight leg, and high-rise waist.
- AMO Classic Tee Shopbop, $57 additional 25% off with code HELLO19 (Shopbop sale is still going today). Great basic tee.
- Sandy Liang Neon Fleece Jacket Net-A-Porter, $525 also like the leopard color way. Parsons school graduate Sandy Liang’s New York based label designs casual yet sophisticated pieces for the everyday girl on the street.
- Fila Original Chaira Sneaker Shopbop, $80 Classic sporty sneaker by Fila.
If you want to receive notifications of new posts sign up for my newsletter (see side bar for subscribe button or scroll to the bottom of the page on mobile).
If you don’t want to splurge on a pair of leather pants coated jeans are a great alternative. Here are several options that I like along with a couple cute tee’s.
- Rag & Bone High Waist Ankle Coated Skinny Gun Metal $250 click here for red.
- Commes Des Garcons Play Tee $123
- L’Agence Margot Coated Cocoa $265 click here for black.
- Rag & Bone Double Heart Tee $95
- Rag & Bone Lips Tee $95
- J Brand Alana High Rise Crop Jeans $249
- MOTHER Oversized Goodie Goodie Tee $105
- Frame Ali High Rise Coated Cigarette Pant $235
Shopbop is having a surprise 3 day sale check out the markdowns here. Go to my SHOP IT tab to view my favorite pieces from the sale.
Back to Black (one of my favorites!) is the second and final studio album by English singer and songwriter Amy Winehouse. It was released on the 27th of October 2006. The album spawned five singles: “Rehab”, “You Know I’m No Good”, “Back to Black”, “Tears Dry on Their Own” and “Love Is a Losing Game”.
According to Vogue, one of the top street style trends during Spring fashion week was head to toe black. Here are some classic pieces that can we worn season after season.
- Petit Bateau Women’s 1×1 Iconic Tee Black $46 additional sizing click here from Shopbop & Petit Bateau 1×1 Iconic Tee Jolie & City $30 When I was in Paris I stopped by the Petit Bateau store and picked up several basic t-shirts. They are fitted but not too tight, and made of soft quality cotton.
- Greats The Royale $179 The first sneaker brand to be born in Brooklyn, New York. Started by Ryan Babenzien and Jon Buscemi in 2013, they create quality products that are sold directly to the consumer (except Nordstrom carries a couple styles). All the leather sneakers are made in Italy. This style comes in several other colors.
- IRO Ashville Leather Jacket $1200 look for less All Saints Dalby Leather Jacket $450 additional sizing click here. A classic moto jacket is a Fall wardrobe staple.
- Stuart Weitzman Tieland Over the Knee Boots $798 look for less Sam Edelman Hai Tall Boot $200. The Stuart Weitzman high boots are always a best seller year after year. I like the block heel because they can be worn daytime and evenings.
- Mansur Gavriel Pebbled Leather Mini Duffle $745 A fun new shape from Mansur.
- Everlane Women’s Classic French Terry Crew $40 & Everlane Women’s Cashmere Waffle Square Crew $150 The mornings and evenings are starting to get chilly in Los Angeles. I like a comfy classic sweatshirt to throw on in the house or running to yoga.
- MOTHER The Insider Crop Jeans $205 additional sizing click here (clean hem version). I like the length of these (above the ankle), they look great with a slide, bootie, or sneaker.
As we head into Labor Day weekend, and Summer comes to a close it’s time to think about Fall Fashion! See below for The Wednesday Way.
If you want to scoop us some last minute Summer markdowns check out Shopbop’s latest sale (up to 70% off) and click here.
- Free People Just My Stripe Pullover $108 This 100% cotton, cropped, nautical striped sweater is adorable with the 3×1 army green chino’s.
- RE/DONE + Hanes 1960’s Cotton Jersey Tee $75 click here for white. What a great collaboration!
- Veronica Beard Potter Fleece & Denim Jacket $495 look for less Zara Faux Fur Biker Jacket $129. I love the denim and fleece combo on this Veronica Beard Jacket.
- Alexander Wang Kori Stretch Bootie $595 click here for cranberry color way. I have a pair of Alexander Wang booties from last season, and they are so comfortable. The heel is just the right height.
- 3×1 W3 Straight Authentic Crop Jean Elise $275 Washed out black denim is trending for Fall. These 3×1 jeans are cropped, stretchy, and have a frayed hem.
- Loren Stewart Nakita 14k Gold Hoop Earrings $225 These Loren Stewart hoops are slim, light weight, and handmade out of 14k gold.
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star $85 I love the look of these natural colored Chuck Taylors, with a cropped jean or pant.
- 3×1 Vic Button Chino $275 These 3×1 pants are made of stretch-cotton, and have a straight leg cropped fit.