I’m really excited that Matches Fashion just started carrying two new lines that I love! Brooklyn based designer Lauren Manoogian and Parisian bag line Rue de Verneuil. Both featured in today’s post.
- Marled Cotton Cable Sweater Lou & Grey, $98.
- High Rise Cargo Fatigue Pants Madewell, $118.
- Lauren Manoogian Barcelona Leather Tote Matches Fashion, $793. Also love the knitted tote.
- Meredith Quill Delicate Chain Link Bracelet Etsy, $40. Chunky Chainlink necklace Etsy, $150.
- Veja V-10 Saks, $150. (runs big size down) and Bloomingdales.
- Jennifer Fisher Hoops Goop, $200.
- Rue De Verneuil Lego Medium Canvas Tote Matches Fashion, $192. Navy/White here.
SALE ALERT!! Mansur Gavriel is offering an additional 20% of sale with code MG_Extra20. To shop the sale click here.
- Joseph Rib Knit Turtleneck Sweater Moda Operandi, $565. Look for less & Other Stories.
- Valet Set of 2 Kelly Clips Shopbop, $38.
- Meadow Mini Camera bag Leatherology, $195.
- Toteme Pomerance Gathered Crepe Top Moda Operandi, $350.
- J Brand Joan Cropped Corduroy Jean Net-a-Porter, $228.
- Inez Linen Mini Dress by Sir The Label Moda Operandi, $340.
- L.F. Markey Danny Jumpsuit Net-a-Porter, $243 also like this Apiece Apart one.
- Anine Bing Lou Sweatshirt Shopbop, $169.
- Veja Bastille Sneaker Moda Operandi, $150.
- Thierry Lasry Unicorny Cat Eye Sunglasses Moda Operandi, $345.
- Vince Cropped Belted Jacket Moda Operandi, $495 also love this Other Stories shearling one.
- Something Navy Silk Midi Nordstrom, $79. Not pictured above.
Photo: Funda Christophersen
June gloom has hit Los Angeles a bit early this year. While others around the country are preparing for Summer us Angeleno’s are using this gloomy weather as an opportunity to take advantage of the trench trend.
- Club Monaco Janney Trench Shopbop, $429 also love Icon Trench J. Crew, $228 and The Drape Trench Everlane, $138.
- Veja Leather Sneakers Net-A-Porter, $150.
- LNA Ringer Tee Revolve, $52.80 and American Classic 50/50 Ringer Tee American Apparel, $22.
- Mother The Tomcat Nordstrom, $238 look for less Madewell, $138.
- Liberty of London x J Crew Turban Headband J. Crew, $29.50.
- Irene Neuwirth Turquoise Ring Matches, $1609 also love these Gumball Opal Earrings. I stopped into the new Capitol x Irene Neuwirth store at the Brentwood Country Mart and fell in love with Irene’s Gumball Collection. For those you not in LA you can see some of it at Matches Fashion.
- Staud Mini Shirley Bag Shopbop, $195.
Chic sneaks are what I grab in my closet almost every day of the week. Here are some cute ones that I’ve been eyeing lately.
- Veja V-10 Leather Sneaker Net-A-Porter, $150 also like the all white color way.
- Alexander McQueen Sneaker Net-A-Porter, $490.
- Karhu Champion Air Sneaker Barney’s, $95. Click here to see other styles by Karhu.
- Vans Classic Slip-On Sneaker Nordstrom, $49.95.
- Bryce Lace Up Sneaker Matches Fashion, $475.
I’ve had a lot of requests for dresses this week so I added some new inventory in the shop. Click here to check it out.
No matter where I go I’m always scouting fashion. That was the case this weekend when I was in West Hollywood gazing out the car window soaking up the street style fashion. I spotted this women in a classic blue button down, jeans, and a yellow sweater throw over her shoulders. She was the inspiration for the above look. I love mixing pops of color with classic dressing.
- Vanessa Bruno Lolita Cotton Gauze Dress Net-A-Porter, $380. Also like this similar dress by by Xirena.
- Electric Anderson 49mm Nordstrom, $200 Made in Italy.
- Mansur Gavriel Calf Mini Top Handle Bag Mansur, $595 (yellow bag in the above pic click here for the navy) also like Medea Prima Bag Nordstrom, $535
- Roxanne Assoulin Set of Three Enamel Bracelets Moda Operandi, $240
- Originals Stan Smith ASOS, $80 and I also like these Veja’s Net-A-Porter, $150.
- Sam Edelman Beckie Slide Lemon Zest Nordstrom, $89.95 also like Lamb Ballet Flat Sun Mansur Gavriel, $195 a. Not pictured above.
As we’re heading into Spring it’s nice to refresh your white sneakers. Here are some classic WHITES that will get the job done along with a cute outfit to go with.
- White Golden Goose Sneaker SSENSE, $445
- Vans Vault Leather OG Old Skool LX Forward, $100
- Veja Esplar Leather Sneakers White Needsupply, $120
- Common Projects White Sneaker SSENSE, $410
- Aquazurra The A Low Top Trainer Matches Fashion, $525
- Ganni Elm Georgette Top Shopbop, $190
- MOTHER Stunner Ankle Fray Jean Nordstrom, $238
- ALIGHIERI The Moon Fever Gold Plated Necklace Matches Fashion, $229
- Ellas Turquoise Beaded Gold Hoop Earrings Matches Fashion, $134
- Kooreloo Devine Denim Mini Shoulder Bag Moda Operandi, $315
If you want to receive notifications of new posts sign up for my newsletter (see side bar for subscribe button or scroll to the bottom of the page on mobile).
According to Vogue there are nine celebrity approved brands that made it big this year. I’ve narrowed down the list with my favorite from 2018.
- Doen – who wasn’t jumping for joy when Doen decided to have a long term pop-up at the Brentwood Country Mart this year, and if things couldn’t get any better they had a giant sample sale where we could all stock up on well priced goodies. Katherina and Margaret Kleveland are designing practical bohemian prairie inspired styles that can be worn day and night. Lily Aldridge is a fixture on Doen’s instagram modeling their beautiful dresses. I love this this, this, and this from the current line. Bird at the Platform in Culver City has a large selection of Doen until January 5th.
- By Far – Bulgarian footwear brand By Far was founded in 2016 and has high-profile fans. Their contemporary, elegant shapes are all handmade in a family run factory from a mix of premium and sustainable Italian leathers and suede. They have been spotted on the feet of Aimee Song, the Hadids, and Jenners. I like this, this, and this from their line.
- Veja – Is a French brand with focus on fair trade and environmentally responsible suppliers. These sneakers are being spotted around the globe. It didn’t hurt that Megan Markle choose to wear them on her recent trip to Australia. I’m a fan of these.
- Medea – Medea is the brain child of artists, models, and twin sisters Giulia and Camilla Venturini. This new Milan based brand is set to have the next IT bag! Click here to check it out.
Photo: Megan and Harry @veja-official, Lily Aldridge @shopdoen.