- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (ground turkey or chicken)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese or full fat greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs or panko
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups classic tomato sauce
Add ground beef, ricotta, eggs, breadcrumbs, parsley, oregano, salt, and red pepper flakes into a large mixing bowl. Mix the ingredients together with your hands until everything is well incorporated.
Roll the mixture into round meatballs about 2 inches, making sure to pack the meat firmly. Heat a pan with oil to medium high heat. Place your meatballs in the pan to brown. Make sure you rotate them so they brown evenly. Be careful to not overcook, and be gentle with turning the meatballs so they don’t break. Heat your sauce in a separate sauce pan. Once your meatballs are browned, put them in the pan with the sauce and continue to heat on medium low until the meatballs are cooked through.