I took my traditional fried rice recipe and switched it out for cauliflower rice for something different. Recipe below works for either white rice or cauliflower rice.
Simple Fried Rice
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cup peas (or any veggies you would like)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 large garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound cauliflower rice or 4 cups of white rice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Heat your pan to medium heat, then add one tablespoon of oil to your skillet. Stir-fry your garlic and ginger until fragrant. Next, add your onions and stir-fry until clear. Add your vegetables and continue to stir-fry until tender crisp. Next, add your cauliflower rice and continue to stir-fry for 2-3 mins. Then add your soy sauce and sesame oil and stir-fry all together. Form a small hole in the middle of the pan and add your egg. Stir-fry the egg and the rest of the ingredients together until the cauliflower is cooked. Be sure not to overcook the cauliflower, you want it to have a tiny bit of crunch (not too soft or else it will get watery).