We made these yesterday and they were so good!
Chocolate Coconut Truffles
- 1/2 of a banana (mashed)
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 7 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 1 cup semi sweet dark chocolate
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. I used a quarter sheet tray so it takes up less space in the fridge and freezer.
- Place your banana, coconut, maple syrup, coconut cream, vanilla, salt, and almond butter into your food processor and pulse until fully combined.
- Once it’s all combined take a small scoop and begin to scoop your truffles. Each scoop should be rolled into a smooth ball (see above picture). Once all of your truffles are made, place the sheet tray in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Melt your chocolate with your coconut oil in a double boiler or Wilton Candy Melt Pot.
- Take your coconut truffles out of freezer and begin to coat each one in chocolate. You can use a folk to place the coconut balls in the chocolate. Once they are evenly coated place them on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with coconut flakes. When all your truffles are done place them in the fridge to harden. Let them harden for 1 hour before serving.