Brabant Hasselback Potatoes
to print from e-mail click here
- 10 Yukon Gold Potatoes or Fingerling *any potato will work
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Brabant seasoning *see below
- Wash and dry your potatoes.
- Use a sharp knife like a paring knife or chef’s knife. Place chopsticks or wooden spoons on either side of the potatoes before cutting to keep the knife from accidentally cutting through the potato (click here to see a video demonstration). Slice the potatoes thinly, leaving a 1/2 inch base at the bottom to hold them together (see above picture). If you don’t have chopsticks or a wooden spoon it’s ok to do it freehand.
- Once your potatoes are cut line a baking sheet with parchment. Next, drizzle the potatoes olive oil and evenly coat. Then sprinkle with salt and Brabant seasoning.
- Place the potatoes in the oven at 425 °F and let them bake until crispy around 35-45 mins. Halfway through baking brush the tops of the potatoes with olive oil.
Cajun Brabant Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
Place all the seasoning in a small bowl and mix to combine before sprinkling on the potatoes.