Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
To print from e-mail click here
- 1 cup dried quinoa cooked with veggie stock
- 1 cup arugula (can be mixed in or served with the salad)
- 1-2 persian cucumbers chopped small
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes chopped small
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives chopped small
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 batch of vinaigrette dressing see below
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook your quinoa according to the directions and let it cool off to room temperature.
- Chop up all your vegetables.
- Once your quinoa is completely cooled off place it in a medium size bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the medium size bowl with your quinoa.
- Dress the salad with your vinaigrette.
- Gently toss to evenly coat.
- Season with salt & pepper and it’s ready to serve.
Simple Dijon Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (I like the Napa Valley Organic it’s sulfate free)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small garlic clove grated on a microplane grader
- Fresh black pepper