I came up with this dish as a vegetarian entree for my daughter when I make my Poggio Piglia chicken. Turns out the whole family loved it, so I wanted to share it with all of you.
To print from e-mail visit julesee.com
- 2 cups farro cooked per package directions
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 large garlic gloves chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped olives *I used kalamata
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1/2 can of tomato sauce
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock (optional)
- Warm your medium sized Dutch Oven to medium heat.
- Once your pan is hot, pour olive oil and sauté your onion, garlic, black olives, capers, and rosemary.
- Next, add your farro and tomato tomato sauce.
- Bring it to a simmer, cover, and cook on low for about 15 mins.
- If your farro becomes too thick add vegetable stock while simmering.