If I can’t go on vacation, I can at least try and recreate it at home. That’s exactly what I did the other night. I made the chicken dish we learned how to make in our cooking class in Tuscany. We stayed at the most charming boutique hotel Poggio Piglia, and chef Salvatore Consoli lead us through a 3 course meal consisting of homemade Ravioli, Eggplant Parmesan, and Italian braised chicken.
If you want to take it to the next level you can adorn a piece from Le Sirenuse’s SS2020 collection. I happen to love this top & skirt set along with this dress & this dress (on sale), and these Ancient Greek x Le Sirenuse sandals. Also Amalfi coast ready is this Agua Benita dress (this one too), and swim suit (on sale). Dinner from Tuscany and wardrobe from the Amalfi Coast…perfect staycation.
Poggio Piglia Pollo
- 1 whole chicken cut up *I used 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs that my butcher prepared and it was great, any type will work.
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 large garlic gloves chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped olives *I used kalamata
- 1/4 cup capers
- Fresh herb mix *you can use rosemary, sage, tarragon, or wild fennel (or combo of all).
- 1 glass of red wine
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Warm your 7 quart Dutch Oven to medium hight heat.
- Once your pan is hot, pour olive oil and sauté your onion, garlic, black olives, capers, and herbs.
- Next, add your chicken throughly brown.
- Once your chicken is fully browned add 1 glass of red wine, and your tomato sauce.
- Bring it to a simmer, cover, and cook on low for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- You know it’s done once your sauce has thickened *see above picture.