Thanks to Miuccia Prada who made feathers fabulous again trimming pajamas sets and pretty Prada pumps. This feminine embellishment is a trend we are seeing adorning accessories and clothing. Below are some feather frocks.
- Zadie Feather Bag Loeffler Randall, $350 Bag in the below picture.
- Loeffler Randall Laurel Ostrich Feather Slides Saks, $180 (on sale)
- Loeffler Randall Lilly Slide Zappos, $237 (on sale)
- Quinella Dress Club Monaco, $279 Above black dress.
- Jocelyn Fifi Dyed Feather Bolero Nordstrom, $395 also like this
- Topshop Marabou Feather Bag Nordstrom, $52
- bübish Berlin Ostrich Feather Bolero Norstrom, $399
- Stine Goya Candice Feather Sweater Net-A-Porter, $390
Photo: Jessie Bush & Jessie Loeffler
Jessie Randall of Loeffler Randall is looking chic in a Warm Dress, Loeffler Randall Celeste Slides and a Loeffler Randall Feather clutch. Her beautiful floral dress is designed by Winnie Beattie (owner of Warm boutique in Nolita). Winnie Beattie launched Warm clothing brand in 2015 with Tracy Feith. I used to work on the corner of Mercer and Broome and would stroll the streets of Nolita after work. I would pass the Tracy Feith boutique and covet the colorful bohemian style dresses adorning the windows. After three years of working together, Beattie and Feith decided to part ways, and Fall 2018 was the first season that Beattie designed on her own. Feith has launched his own line of dresses which he sells on instagram called Feith Club. The Spring 2019 line is full of upscale, beachy, floral patterned pieces that are comfortable, and easy to throw on. Below are some highlights from the line.
- Francesca Floral Cotton Blouse Barney’s, $325 Light weight cotton poplin.
- Sierra Dress Shopbop, $575
- Mystic Blouse Shopbop, $385
- Paradise Dress Shopbop, $539 (Fall dress on-sale)
- Sierra Floral Cotton Long Dress Barney’s, $575
- Warm Merci Dress Shopbop, $925
- Loeffler Randall Celeste Knotted Slide Pink Velvet Slide Nordstrom, $209.98 Shoes in the above pic.
- Loeffler Randall Zadiea Feather Circle Tote Shopbop, $350 Bag in the above pic.
Back to Black (one of my favorites!) is the second and final studio album by English singer and songwriter Amy Winehouse. It was released on the 27th of October 2006. The album spawned five singles: “Rehab”, “You Know I’m No Good”, “Back to Black”, “Tears Dry on Their Own” and “Love Is a Losing Game”.
According to Vogue, one of the top street style trends during Spring fashion week was head to toe black. Here are some classic pieces that can we worn season after season.
- Petit Bateau Women’s 1×1 Iconic Tee Black $46 additional sizing click here from Shopbop & Petit Bateau 1×1 Iconic Tee Jolie & City $30 When I was in Paris I stopped by the Petit Bateau store and picked up several basic t-shirts. They are fitted but not too tight, and made of soft quality cotton.
- Greats The Royale $179 The first sneaker brand to be born in Brooklyn, New York. Started by Ryan Babenzien and Jon Buscemi in 2013, they create quality products that are sold directly to the consumer (except Nordstrom carries a couple styles). All the leather sneakers are made in Italy. This style comes in several other colors.
- IRO Ashville Leather Jacket $1200 look for less All Saints Dalby Leather Jacket $450 additional sizing click here. A classic moto jacket is a Fall wardrobe staple.
- Stuart Weitzman Tieland Over the Knee Boots $798 look for less Sam Edelman Hai Tall Boot $200. The Stuart Weitzman high boots are always a best seller year after year. I like the block heel because they can be worn daytime and evenings.
- Mansur Gavriel Pebbled Leather Mini Duffle $745 A fun new shape from Mansur.
- Everlane Women’s Classic French Terry Crew $40 & Everlane Women’s Cashmere Waffle Square Crew $150 The mornings and evenings are starting to get chilly in Los Angeles. I like a comfy classic sweatshirt to throw on in the house or running to yoga.
- MOTHER The Insider Crop Jeans $205 additional sizing click here (clean hem version). I like the length of these (above the ankle), they look great with a slide, bootie, or sneaker.
Julie Sarinana was spotted on the streets of Riems, France in this gorgeous floral print Sea dress. I love the bohemian style mixed with the edgy Balmain bag. Here are some of my favorite Sea picks along with the above Balmain bag, and Isabel Marant Western boots.
Childhood friends Sean Monahan, and Monica Paolini ( of Sea, New York) have become known for turning out easy, and everyday styles with an urban rustic vibe to loyal clients around the world.
- Sea Mia Midi Dress $395
- Sea Mia Tunic Dress $395
- Sea Mia Blouse $295
- Sea Keely Top $350
- Sea Keely Flutte Sleeve Midi Dress $470
- Sea Aurora Cotton Midi Dress $445
- Sea Aurora Printed Silk Blouse $345
- Balmain Baby Box Studded Shoulder Bag $1895 look for less click here and here.
- Isabel Marant Dawyna Studded Western Boot $780 look for less click here.
I like to have one statement coat or bag for Fall that takes you into the holidays (mine always tends to be faux fur). I stumbled across this brand at Liberty of London. It’s playful, festive, and fun!
London based designer Hannah Weiland serves up faux fur creations with an irresistible sense of fun. She studied art history and textiles before launching Shrimps, because of her childhood nickname.
- Shrimps Una Bag $595
- Shrimps Molly Faux Pearl Embellished Clutch $399
- Eamon Crystal Buttoned Faux Fur Coat $677
- Shrimps Cullen Heart Print Faux Fur Jacket $491
- Shrimps Antonia Bag $695 click here for gold color way click here for black
- Shrimps Quinn Shoulder Bag $650
- Shrimps Leopard Print Faux Fur Jacket $457
- Shrimps Martini Clutch $350
photo: Natalie Helgerud & Guri Heli, Jessie Bush