The forecast in Los Angeles is rain with a mix of more rain. With that being said…I’m on the look out for a new trench coat. It’s finally time to say goodbye to my Burberry trench, which I love but purchased when I was pregnant (never a good idea). Below are some on my wish list along with an outfit to accompany it.
- A.P.C. Trench Farfetch, $509 & A.P.C. Double Breasted Trench Farfetch, $338 (on-sale limited sizing). Look for less alternative J. Crew Iconic Trench, $228
- Rag and Bone Fedora Nordstrom, $195 I love the look of a felt fedora rain or shine.
- Madewell Distressed Button Front Slim Nordstrom, $135 Remember to size down in Madewell Jeans.
- Entireworld Long Sleeve Mock Neck Shirt Goop, $45 also love Alternative The Fifty Yardliner Goop, $48
- Isabel Marant Beth Velcro Sneaker Shopbop, $475 Love the color way of these new Isabel Marant sneakers.
Click here to check out all the new items added to my Julesee shop this week!
If you want to receive notifications of new posts sign up for my newsletter (see side bar for subscribe button or scroll to the bottom of the page on mobile).
Fresh gear is always a great way to jumpstart your workouts. I stopped in Lululemon yesterday and scouted some new gear for the New Year!
- Wunder Under High Rise Tight Mesh Lululemon, $118
- In Movement 7/8 Tight Everlux 25″ Lululemon, $98
- Reveal Tight En Avante 26″ Lululemon, $118
- Swiftly Tech Short Sleeve Crew Lululemon, $68 click here for long sleeve. These are my favorite shirts because they cover my chest from the sun. They also transition well from Tennis to Yoga.
- Cloudscape Jacket Lululemon, $248 Jacket in the above picture.
- Manduka Pro Yoga and Pilates Mat Amazon, $110 Great yoga mat!
- Foxy Sherpa Jacket Alo, $288 Cozy jacket with detachable hood.
- Sunny Strappy Bra Alo, $54
Alo has a ton of markdowns click here to shop the sale.
Alexa Chung was spotted on the red carpet donning this luxe looking tux! It’s a classic, elegant, and sleek look that’s perfect for your festive holiday jaunts around town. Below are some options to create a similar look.
- Club Monaco Kessi Jumpsuit $350
- Club Monaco Nimah Blazer $295
- Vince Tuxedo Jumpsuit $445
- Theory Straight Velvet Trouser $325
- Theory City Strapless Jumpsuit $495
- L’Agence Keely Blazer Mini Dress $595 look for less BB Dakota She Means Business Dress $98
- MOTHER The Rascal Ankle Fray with Gold Trim $238 A casual take on a tuxedo pant. These are easy to dress up or down and very comfortable.
- Thomas Mason for J. Crew Tuxedo Shirt $138
Barney’s is having a 50% off shoe sale click here to shop the sale. A couple highlights from the sale Chloe ballet flats & Manolo Slingbacks & Alaia Satin Heels & Gianvito Rossi Velvet Boot. My julesee SHOP IT store is being updated daily don’t forget to check it out.
photo: Alexa Chung
The Western Trend has hit the stores and streets for Fall 2018. We are seeing heavy cowboy characteristics, American heritage mood, stand-out yolk detailing on shirts, rustic cowboy boots, and prairie florals.
- Veronica Beard Atty Cashmere Sweater $395 click here for additional sizing.
- Madewell Cali Demi Boot Corduroy Jeans $130 I will be ordering the Madewell Demi Cords for sure!. Veronica Beard Corduroy Flare Pants $250 If you want a long flare leg (like the picture above) the Veronica Beard ones are a great option.
- Johanna Ortiz Tartan Shirt with Western Piping $550 also like this and this by Veronica Beard.
- Anine Bing Bobbi Flannel Red Jacket $299 & Isabel Marant Etoile Gast Checkered Shirt $520 I spotted this adorable Anine Bing Flannel Jacket on Jennifer Meyer. Love it!
- Fauzian Jeunesse Red Star Ankle Boots $695 click here for Navy. These beautiful boots are designed, crafted, and made in Italy by hand. Look for less click here and here (Frye Bill Stud Short).
- Veronica Beard Benni Faux Shearling Jacket $650 look for less by BB Dakota click here. A moto jacket with a western flare.
- Veronica Beard Cowboy Cotton Jersey T-Shirt $120 (not pictured above) Adorable classic jersey tee!
photo: Romee Strijd The Styleograph
Julie Sarinana was spotted on the streets of Riems, France in this gorgeous floral print Sea dress. I love the bohemian style mixed with the edgy Balmain bag. Here are some of my favorite Sea picks along with the above Balmain bag, and Isabel Marant Western boots.
Childhood friends Sean Monahan, and Monica Paolini ( of Sea, New York) have become known for turning out easy, and everyday styles with an urban rustic vibe to loyal clients around the world.
- Sea Mia Midi Dress $395
- Sea Mia Tunic Dress $395
- Sea Mia Blouse $295
- Sea Keely Top $350
- Sea Keely Flutte Sleeve Midi Dress $470
- Sea Aurora Cotton Midi Dress $445
- Sea Aurora Printed Silk Blouse $345
- Balmain Baby Box Studded Shoulder Bag $1895 look for less click here and here.
- Isabel Marant Dawyna Studded Western Boot $780 look for less click here.
I find simplicity with style is always the most elegant. If you have the right basics you can create so many different looks just by changing your shoes, bag, and accessories. This basic blue button down, jean skirt, and straw tote is spot on!
- XIRENA Beau Button Down Shirt $158 look for less click here and here.
- RE/DONE Jean Skirt $244 look for less click here (so cute!). I prefer jean skirts without stretch I think they are more flattering and keep the A-line shape.
- Loewe Large Logo Straw Tote $490 look for less here.
- A.P.C Porselli Ballet Flat $120 (on sale!) A ballet flat will never go out of style.
- Ray Ban Icon Round Sunglasses $203
I have an event this week that I need to wear all white to. I went to Bloomies and Nordstrom and struck out. I popped into Club Monaco, and they had so many choices it was hard to decide. This is what I found.
- Long Sleeve Jorel Top $168 I got this top because it’s so easy to wear. You can dress it up or down. I will be dressing it up with the all white pants (#8 above) for my luncheon.
- Pallayy Dress $195 – I’m always drawn to tassels or fringe maybe because it reminds me of vacation. This dress is short but loose fitting great for warm summers days.
- Rheah Jumpsuit $248 Whenever I’m looking for a jumpsuit I hit Club Monaco. They always have several to choose from. I love the front tie, and the wide cropped leg on this jumper.
- Amelee Pant $168 I thought these were so cute but couldn’t try them on because they were sold out in my size at the store. They have plenty in stock on-line. I love the blue and white stripe and the cut.
- Leredey Dress $228 This silhouette is simple and elegant.
- Sannah Jumpsuit $269.50 Modern clean line jumpsuit in white.
- Ohnay Top $175 This top is light weight and airy. I love the bright red embroidery and tassels.
- Magnus Pant $148 These pants are stretchy, cropped, and have a kicked flare. The back pant leg has a seam down the middle of each leg which creates a slimming silhouette. They run a little big so I would size down. They are so comfortable! I got them in white but will be ordering the black as well.
I had a couple hours to burn at Century City so I decided to take on Zara. It can be overwhelming but it was worthwhile in the end. Here’s what I found.
- White Embroidered Top I like this feminine top mixed with a masculine bottom like army pants or ripped jeans.
- Authentic Denim Mini Skirt As the weather warms up we need an alternative to jeans and this fits the bill.
- Short Ruffled Dress This is an off the shoulder organic cotton dress. The fabric is light weight which is great for those warm summer days.
- Blue Embroidered Top This Zara top has the Vita Kin look for a lot less. It runs big so make sure to size down. I bought the x-small.
- Z1975 Jeans with Side Stripes I tired these on and was surprised at how well they fit. They are slim fitting, have stripe detailing, and a frayed hem.
- Sweater with Crochet Sleeves This is a 100% cotton crochet top. It runs small so size up I got the large.
- Leather Crossover Sandal These have the Hermes & YSL feel but for a lot less.