Hannah Coffin previously of All Saints launched Needle & Thread in 2013. A British brand that handcrafts embellished pieces in the UK and India. I love this brand’s feminine and whimsical feel. There are so many beautiful pieces it’s so hard to choose. If you want to see the full collection at Shopbop click here.
- Constellation Tiered Embellished Dress $690
- Rainbow Ditsy Embellished Ruffled Tulle Top $265
- Cinderella Cami Dress $526
- Ballet Lace Midi Dress $477
- Tulle Maxi Skirt Pink $240 & Tulle Maxi Skirt Black & Grey $240
- Gloss Sequin Cami Dress $477
I was in West Hollywood this weekend and decided to check out the new The Great store by Emily Current and Merrit Elliot on Melrose Ave. While I was there I popped into the Vince store. I was happy I did because they had so many beautiful pieces. Here are some highlights. It’s a great time to shop Vince because Nordstrom is price matching (25% off) click here to see the full collection. Here are some of my top picks.
- Vince Oversized Funnel Neck Sweater Pullover $288.75 & Vince Bias Cut Satin Slip Skirt $265 I love the look of an oversized sweater with a satin midi skirt.
- Plush Faux Fur Coat $371.25 This jacket is so soft, and a cute cropped fit. I also love this casual Crop Cotton Jacket. Look for less by Blank Denim click here. Vince Drawstring Cotton Crop Jacket $296.25
- Vince Shrunken Cashmere Sweater $221.25 Great classic shrunken fit sweater.
- Vince Asymmetric Hem Pleated Skirt $243.75 click here for additional sizing. Beautiful asymmetrical hem pleated skirt.
- Vince Split Hem Crop Suede Stretch Pant Black $746.25 & Vince Split Hem Crop Suede Pant Cherry & Elmwood $746.25 Saw these in the store and love them! They are fitted but have stretch so they are comfy.
- Vince Casper Suede Knee Boots Brown $615 click here for black. (not pictured above) The slouch boot is back!
Midi skirts, and dresses are trending big time. The key skirt trends are midi length, wraps, animal prints, floral prints, asymmetrical hems, slip skirts, and pleats. Happy shopping!
- APIECE APART Rosehip Wrap Striped Skirt $355 & APIECE APART Rosehip Tencel Linen Blend Solid Color way $355 Love love love this skirt!
- PAPER London Siven Silk Wrap Skirt $400 Love the plaid pattern on this modern wrap skirt by Paper London.
- GANNI Charron Checkered Cotton Blend Skirt $180 The asymmetrical hem on this Ganni skirt is on point.
- Ulla Johnson Torri Asymmetric Printed Skirt $525 and Ulla Johnson Gretchen Floral Cotton & Silk Skirt $425 Flouncy & Floral!
- Other Stories Sheer Floral Ruffle Midi Skirt $89 This flowy black floral skirt is adorable, and a great price.
- GANNI Blakely Zebra Print Skirt $520 Animal print skirts have been all over the streets of London fashion week.
- Vince Bias Cut Skirt $255 Love this satin skirt paired with a oversized sweater
- Topshop Zebra Print Pleated Midi Wrap Skirt $75 This checks all the boxes. It’s a wrap, midi, animal print, and pleated.
photo: Sara Ellen, Jessie Bush, Cheyenne Tulsa, Janka Polliani
& Other Stories was all over the streets of London and Paris. Here are some of my favorite pieces I found when shopping.
- Leopard Print Dress $89 This dress is so cute on! It’s a sexy mini, and I love the back open slit detailing.
- Frills Relaxed Knit Sweater $85 This remind me of the Ulla Johnson sweater but it’s a lot less.
- Colour Block Sweater $99 I love the color way of this sweater.
- Corduroy Mini Skirt $69 and A-Line Corduroy Midi Skirt $89 These two corduroy skirts look great paired with a sweater.
- Zig Zag Merino Wool Sweater $69 I saw someone wearing this on the streets of Paris with the above Corduroy Mini. It looked so chic, and was surprised to see it at Other Stories for only $69.
- Cropped Wide Corduroy Trouser $89 These are very comfortable, and have just enough stretch. I like these if you want a fuller leg Duo Snap Button Corduroy Culottes $89
MADWELL X KAREN WALKER
Madewell teamed up with New Zealand designer Karen Walker for a capsule collection. Think floral dresses, cat-eye sunglasses and, of course, lots of denim! Click here for the full collection. Below are my favorite pieces from the collection.
- Silk Floral Rosalie Ruffled Dress $168
- Striped Ruffle Top $92
- Silk Floral Gennaker Top
- Denim Killick Skirt $98
- Silk Floral Loretta Dress $175
- Garment Dyed Sweatshirt $75
Summer weather is far from over in Los Angeles, and all I want to throw on are light weight cotton voile dresses. It seems to be the best way to beat the heat. In my search for new and fresh dresses, I came across Banjanan. Caroline Weller’s designs are inspired by the textiles and printing techniques found in the vibrant markets of India. Weller’s Jaipur-based brand, Banjanan (means bohemian wanderer in Hindi), is hand-stitched by skilled artisans into each and every piece. I picked up my first one a couple a weeks ago and I absolutely love it! See below for some of my favorite pieces.
- Lotus Ruffled Blouse $128 & Helena Ruffled Blouse $128
- Bulbul Dress $340
- Isabella Dress Blueprint Floral $245
- Molly Dress Flower Blossom $245
- Scarlet Dress Hot Color Print $485
- Capri Dress Jade Botanical $245
- Hyacinth Mini Dress $205
- Lotus Flower Discovery Skirt $215
- Leticia Dress Lotus Flower $260
I find simplicity with style is always the most elegant. If you have the right basics you can create so many different looks just by changing your shoes, bag, and accessories. This basic blue button down, jean skirt, and straw tote is spot on!
- XIRENA Beau Button Down Shirt $158 look for less click here and here.
- RE/DONE Jean Skirt $244 look for less click here (so cute!). I prefer jean skirts without stretch I think they are more flattering and keep the A-line shape.
- Loewe Large Logo Straw Tote $490 look for less here.
- A.P.C Porselli Ballet Flat $120 (on sale!) A ballet flat will never go out of style.
- Ray Ban Icon Round Sunglasses $203
It’s not just the Kardashians that are insta-famous….this silk leopard print skirt from Réalisation Par is trending BIG TIME all over instagram. The Naomi Skirt should have it’s own insta account! I think this style skirt looks particularly cute with a pair of white sneakers and a white tee. It’s currently out of stock 😢 but should be restocked soon. Have no fear there are so many similar options while you wait for this one.
- Alice + Olivia Athena Leopard Spot Skirt $295
- Ganni Calla Leopard Print Skirt $270
- UO Leopard Print Button Down Midi $69
- Zara Leopard Midi Skirt $29.99
- Altuzarra Caroline Leopard Print Skirt $795
- Other Stories Jacquard Midi Skirt $85
photo: @manrepeller @sabina.socol @lucywilliams02
I’m definitely MAD ABOUT PLAID! Think Cher from Clueless, the 90’s plaids are back! My inner prepster always has room for plaid Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall.
- ANNIE BING Plaid Blazer $349 look for less on sale at J. Crew click here.
- Veronica Beard Plaid Pant $395
- The Great Melody Top $285 additional color way click here look for less click here.
- Burberry Checked Twill Leather Shoulder Bag $995
- Ganni Charron Skirt $190
- Veronica Beard Rowe Dress $495 top version Candice Top $350
- Veronica Beard Farrow Pant $385 look for less click here.
I had a couple hours to burn at Century City so I decided to take on Zara. It can be overwhelming but it was worthwhile in the end. Here’s what I found.
- White Embroidered Top I like this feminine top mixed with a masculine bottom like army pants or ripped jeans.
- Authentic Denim Mini Skirt As the weather warms up we need an alternative to jeans and this fits the bill.
- Short Ruffled Dress This is an off the shoulder organic cotton dress. The fabric is light weight which is great for those warm summer days.
- Blue Embroidered Top This Zara top has the Vita Kin look for a lot less. It runs big so make sure to size down. I bought the x-small.
- Z1975 Jeans with Side Stripes I tired these on and was surprised at how well they fit. They are slim fitting, have stripe detailing, and a frayed hem.
- Sweater with Crochet Sleeves This is a 100% cotton crochet top. It runs small so size up I got the large.
- Leather Crossover Sandal These have the Hermes & YSL feel but for a lot less.