- Manolo Blahnik Hangsisi Flat Nordstom,$995. Manolo Blahnik Hangsisi 3 1/2 inch pump Nordstrom, $995. First picture.
- Satin Sandal H&M, $39.99 Second picture.
- Loeffler Randall Camellia Revolve, $395. For a smaller heel Dahlia Knot Loeffler Randall, $350. Third picture.
- J. Crew Sophia Kitten Heel with Feather J. Crew, $178. 40% off with code SPLURGE. Love the feather detail!
- Badgley Mischka Lennon Skimmer Flat Nordstrom, $118
- Badgley Mischka Dash Sandal Nordstrom, $99
- J. Crew Pointy Toe Glitter Maryjane J. Crew, $198. 40% off.
- Athea Black Rhinestones Loeffler Randall, $395.
For anyone contemplating the ever so popular Mansur cloud clutch I found the Cabernet color way for $200 less on Mythersa, $395 (instead of $595). Great evening clutch for the holidays.
The sweater dress is making the rounds this season. Some options below.
- J Crew Marled Turtleneck Sweater Dress J. Crew, $198. Great sale happening at J.Crew 50% off regular priced items and 60% off sale. Check out the teddy bear coat and the nordic boot and tons of other great gifts here.
- A.L.C. Audrey Lurex Sweater Dress Intermix, $395.
- Nanushka Canaan Rib Long Sleeve Dress Nordstrom, $395.
- Topshop Turtleneck Sweater Dress Nordstrom, $75.
- All Saints Roza Long Sleeve Turtleneck Dress Nordstrom, $182.
- Frame Sequined Oversized Sweater Dress Intermix, $525.
My friend invited a group of us to her beautiful home in Sun Valley this past weekend. The weather was mid 50’s during the day and 20’s at night. What to pack?? Our hostess informed us to leave our Uggs at home (too LA) and pack flannels, boots, down jackets, and a hat. Shoes are always the hardest for me. I want to bring so many but I’m limited to what I can fit into my carry-on. I have the Hershell duffle and you would be surprised what you can squeeze in there. I ended up packing 3 pairs of boots, 1 pair of sneakers, 1 down vest, 1 down jacket, a peacoat, 3 pairs of jeans, and 3 sweaters. My complete packing list below.
My friend had two action packed days planned for us. First it was dinner Friday evening at The Covey. A beautiful restaurant that serves gourmet food with excellent service. Saturday we had brunch at Cristina’s which is a charming and intimate restaurant (check out the chef Cristina Ceccatelli’s cookbook Cristina’s Tuscan Table). After Cristina’s we walked around Sun Valley resort and stopped into Panache for a little retail therapy. Then it was iceskating at Sun Valley Lodge and cocktails at the hotel lounge. In the evening we had dinner at The Pioneer Saloon. The Saloon is a landmark restaurant that serves up hearty meals in a western style setting. We finished the night at Whisky Jacques for music, dancing, and pool. On Sunday morning we took a hike along the beautiful Big Wood River. Then it was time to catch our flight home. Sun Valley is a special town surrounded by scenic beauty. I can’t wait to go back!
- White + Warren Cashmere Zebra Sweater Revolve, $435.
- Tartan Plaid Shirt Madewell, $88.
- Everyday Cashmere Sweater J. Crew, $98.
- Puff Sleeve Sweater H&M, $49.99 This is a winner style from H&M this season. The ribbed turtleneck is great too.
- Amo Bella Cream Jean Shopbop, $260.
- Jenni Kayne Quilted down vest (from last season) similar one here by Canada Goose.
- Cropped Fleece Teddy Coat Zara, $89
- Jerome Dreyfuss Sandie Boot Revolve, $343.
- The Clair Lace Up Boot Madewell, $218.
- Jenni Kayne black lace ups (mine are sold) similar here.
- Moncler Lan Jacket SSENSE, $825.
- Mother Denim Stunner Shopbop, $228. I needed a skinny jeans to fit into my high boots.
- Veronica Beard Rugby Shopbop, $195.
- My peacoat is Sandro from a couple seasons ago. Goop has one and so does J. Crew & Mango.
- Brixton Ella Fedora Revolve, $69 & Ribbed Beanie Faux Fur Pom Pom J. Crew, $48.
- Re/Done 40’s Bomber Saks, $1,695. Fell in love with this leather bomber that I saw at Panache. So cute!
Pleats are front and center for fall being worn in leather, silk, and with asymmetrical hems.
- Faux Leather Skirt J. Crew, $120. Runs big size down almost sold out.
- Black PU Mini Skirt Topshop, $55.
- A.W.A.K.E Mode Double Trouble Midi Skirt Net-a-Porter, $625.
- Frankie Shop Chloe Asymmetrical Skirt Net-a-Porter, $200. Frankie Shop is all the rage and Net-a-Porter is carrying a small selection check it out here.
- Marni Asymmetric Satin Midi Skirt Moda Operandi, $1,390. Jennifer Laurence looked so cute wearing it! (pic of her in it here). She accessorized it with Amo tee, Garrett Leight sunglasses, and The Row Lunch bag.
- Ganni Pleated Georgette Skirt Shopbop, $170.
- Acne Bico Suiting Skirt Shopbop, $570.
- Pleated Midi Skirt J. Crew, $98.
- Ted Baker Colorblock Pleated Skirt Norstrom, $245.
- Vince Paneled Pleated Crepe Skirt Vince, $345.
Lots of New at Crew fall merchandise trickling into stores this week. It’s a great time to shop J.Crew all full priced merchandise is 30% off on-line only.
- Teddy Sherpa Coat J. Crew, $248. Who needs the $3700 Max Mara Teddy coat when J.Crew has this great look for less one.
- Polka Dot Tulle A Line Skirt J. Crew, $178. Add a white button down and ballet flats and you’re done!
- The Reeds x J. Crew Puff Sleeve Sweater J. Crew, $75. So cute!
- Faux Leather Pleated Midi Skirt J. Crew, $120. Lots of faux leather this season.
- Collection Pale Pink Faux Fur Coat J. Crew, $398.
- Balloon Sleeve Cardigan J. Crew, $118.
- Balloon Sleeve Turtleneck Sweater J. Crew, $98.
- Velvet Bow with Pearls J. Crew, $19.50. Almost exactly like the Jennifer Behr one. Also like the pearl barrettes and leopard turban headband.
J. Crew just rolled out new colorful hues of their Everyday Cashmere Sweater. What’s even more exciting is you can monogram your sweater which I LOVE! The camel color way with a JW is already in my cart (click here to shop). Some additional things to check out at J. Crew are this new Slip Skirt, Embroidered Blouse, Los Angeles Sweatshirt, Leopard Cashmere Sweater, and Ribbed Henley (use sale code FALLFAVES for 25% off).
SALE ALERT! Shopbop is having a shoe and bag sale with up to 75% off (shop here). Some standouts are this Simon Miller bag, Loeffler Randall booties, Ulla Johnson sandals, Clare V tote bag, Clare V midi sac, Sam Edelman sandals, and Alexandre Birman sandals.
Before we get into Broderie…Shopbop just added new inventory to sale like this LOVESHACK mini, Xirena dress, and Rebecca Taylor mini. To shop all NEW sale click here.
Broderie white blouses have been a constant theme throughout the Summer. It’s so simple yet elegant paired with denim and slides. Some favorites below.
- Lucia Top Rebecca Minkoff, $168.
- Free People Letters to Juliet Top Shopbop, $78.
- Ganni Cotton Poplin Top Nordstrom, $145 additional sizing here.
- Embroidered Mockneck Top J Crew, $98.
- Topshop Ruffle Long Sleeve Top Nordstrom, $68.
- Short Sleeve Lace Detail Farm Rio, $100.
- Dahlia Top Reformation, $128.
- Ulla Johnson Lily Blouse Revolve, $445.
- Ulla Johnson Adelaide Eyelet Trim Blouse Nordstrom, $325 Top in 2nd pic.
- BB Dakota Eyelet Top Shopbop, $40.
Love the above with this AGOLDE mini, McQueen Sneakers , Aquazzura sling backs, and this Rue de Verneuil Wool Boucle Bag (❤️).
Photo: Jessie Bush We The People
Def-initely Leopard for Fall 2019!
- J Crew Skinny Calf Hair Belt J Crew, $59.50.
- Leopard Bucket Hat Loeffler Randall, $60.
- Leopard Cashmere Everyday Crew J Crew, $128.
- Anine Bing Flynn Leopard Jacket Nordstrom, $349 also like Anine Bing Slip Skirt.
- AMO Loverboy Relaxed Straight Jean Shopbop, $275.
- Loeffler Randall Emi Sandal Shopbop, $350.
- Ganni Cotton Silk Dress Shopbop, $395 ( more sizing here) Mini version at Nordstrom here.
- Alexander McQueen Sneakers Matches Fashion, $560 look for less Steven raised sole sneaker.
- Clare V Clutch Shopbop, $245 and the Midi Sac.
- Loeffler Randall Knot Headband Shopbop, $65.
- Cheetah Pony Mule Jenni Kayne, $425 also like the Crossover Sandal. Look for less Sam Edelman Rodney Slide.
- One by Donni Fleece Pullover Shopbop, $109. Not pictured above.
Cute Shirt Alert at J. Crew and 40% off all full price items and an additional 50% off sale.
Point Sur Popover in Block Print J. Crew
Some other things to check out are this white tunic, over sized sunglasses, white capped sleeve top, and boatneck puffed sleeve top.
We are in the midst of June Gloom in Los Angeles so my uniform as of lately has been cargos, cotton sweaters (tank or tee underneath), and ballet flats.
- 1988 Rollneck Sweater J. Crew, $65 Additional 30% off with code GETAWAY. I also like this one from Petit Bateau (on sale). Layer a cotton cami underneath Everlane, $18 or this celebrity approved Bandier Ribbed Tank.
- NSF Basquait Cargo Pant Nordstrom, $295 These are a low rise button fly cargo. I went up a size because I like them really loose.
- Diamond and Turquoise 14k Heart Pendant Necklace Off Fifth, $400. Also like this Suzanne Kalan one Off Fifth, $275.
- Summer Hat Cuyana, $95 Beautiful quality hat made in Ecuador.
- Clare V. Midi Sac Nordstrom, $325 I love the idea of switching out the strap with one of these.
- The Demi Ballet Flat Margaux, $145 also like The Pointe Margaux, $195.
I love this Street Chic look Jennifer Aniston was spotted wearing while out and about. I’ve recreated the look below.
- J Crew Regent Blazer J. Crew, $198 30% off with code GETAWAY.
- Nili Lotan Shon Pant Nili Lotan, $375 for a more slim leg I love the Frame Carpenter Jean Shopbop, $245.
- Garret Leight Hampton Sunglasses Need Supply, $340.
- Balenciaga BB Quilted Leather Bag Net-a-Porter, $1.090.
- Jenni Kayne Heeled Chelsea Boot Nordstrom, $540.
- ATM Slub Jersey Boyfriend Tee Nordstrom, $95.
- Rolex Oyster La Californienne Watch Goop, $8,400.
I always say YES to Summer Stripes! I wore the above Sandro Paris dress last week to my daughter’s graduation and out to dinner to celebrate my anniversary. I love the menswear inspired stripe mixed with a feminine flowy dress. It has an asymmetrical hem and the slight sheen to the fabric. Below are the details since many asked where I got my dress.
- Stripe Midi Dress Sandro, $249 Just found it on sale at Sandro (I wish I had!). I also like (this, this, and this). It has a deep V neckline so I added a hook and eye so it’s not too low cut.
- I paired this dress with a J. Crew Blazer similar to this one and this one.
- I’m wearing a Balenciaga block heel that is sold out but found similar ones here, here, and here.
- I accessorized the blazer with a vintage brooch. I found a couple here, here, here, and here. I also love this personalized brooch made by Atelier Paulin.