- Ruffle Collar Poplin Shirt J. Crew, $79.50. 30% off. I love the way this shirt looks with the Camel Cashmere Cardigan.
- Neil Pant Washed Chino Alex Mill, $135.
- Reversible Liner Jacket Madewell, $175.
- Laura Lombardi Chain Link Necklace Nordstrom, $130.
- Leopard Turban Headband J. Crew, $29. 30% off. I got the leopard and the metallic dot. These are really comfortable, and not too tight around the head.
- Orange Valentino Logo Belt Off 5th, $149. Also comes in these colors.
- Sam Edelman Justina Chelsea Boot Nordstrom, $149. The Chelsea boot is a big trend for Fall.
- 996 Sneakers New Balance x J. Crew, $80.
Happy Monday everyone! There were finally blue skies in Los Angeles over the weekend. We dined al fresco Friday night at my sister’s to kick off the weekend. The rest of the weekend was spent enjoying the outdoors, watching Social Dilemma, took my first Dance Church Class (SO FUN!), and read more about RBG a true hero who paved the way for women.
There’s currently a resurgence of the ever so classic stripe sweater circling the streets along with my instagram feed. My high low stripe sweater edit below.
- The Fonda Sweater Kule, $198. Runs big I got the xsmall.
- DEMYLEE Emerie Cashmere Stripe Turtleneck Sweater J. Crew, $343.
- Cashmere Mock Neck Sweater J. Crew, $148.
- Mango Half Zip Sweater ASOS, $60. I posted this a couple weeks ago and there was limited sizing. ASOS has a full size run.
- Black Stripe Sweater H&M, $22.99.
- La Ligne Mini Marin Net-a-Porter, $250.
- Reformation Boyfriend Cashmere Sweater Shopbop, $148.
- Isabel Marant Gatlin Stripe Sweater Nordstrom, $495.
- G Label Lucy Striped Funnel Neck Sweater Goop, $595.
- Alexa Chung Cardigan with Gathered Sleeve Shopbop, $360.
Photo taken at Hotel Californian, Santa Barbara.
It was a HOT weekend in LA! I spent time at the beach, pool, and on the tennis court. Here are somethings that got me through the weekend along with some additional finds.
- French Bikini Top J. Crew, $48, Boy Short Bikini Botton J Crew, $45, & High Waisted Bikini Brief J. Crew, $54. I like to mix and match the colors.
- Patagonia Synchilla Pullover Backcountry, $98 Select colors on sale.
- Handwoven Java Throw Blanket Anthropologie, $78.
- Waterproof Monogrammed Beach Bag Mark & Graham, $89.
- Freedom Moses Glitter Slide J. Crew, $45. An elevated flip flop. (more colors here)
- CRZ Yoga Running Short Amazon, $24 (just like the Lululemon Speed Short). I also ordered Athlarel Amazon, $29 (a high rise running short), & CRZ Yoga Tank Amazon, $24. It’s been too hot to walk in leggings so I switched to a running short.
- Pique Collar Polo Tory Sport, $118 & Pleated Hem Tennis Skirt Tory Sport, $125. Cute tennis outfit.
- Acrylic Neon Backgammon Set Mark & Graham, $160.
I also wanted to share two new winner recipes I tried over the weekend. I made Masoor Daal last night (subbed vegetable stock for water) and tried a new Miso Ginger Dressing that everyone loved. Hope everyone has a great week!
So many great deals to be had at J. Crew…the sale is on sale! J. Crew edit below. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
- Belted Maxi. A white maxi is a must!
- Ruffle Front Maxi with Braided Belt
- V-Neck Cover-up Dress
- Slim Wide Leg Pant. Great fit and love the lightweight fabric.
- Ribbed Cotton Crewneck Sweater
- Ruffle V-neck One Piece Swimsuit
- Ruffle V Neck Block Print Top. Dress version here.
- Turban Knotted Headband
- Montauk Canvas Weekender Bag. So cute!
- Turquoise Charm Huggies. Irene Neuwirth look for less.
For the last year the blazer has been a big trend oversized and double breasted. This signature basic is getting a bit shorter and tailored (like the Other Stories & Rachel Comey I posted last week) and resembling the beloved Chanel classic. Here are some options that fit the bill.
- Veronica Beard Cedric Blazer Neiman Marcus, $695.
- Braided Trim Jacket J. Crew, $248. New!
- Lady Jacket J. Crew, $154.99.
- Tweed Jacket H&M, $59.99.
- Maje Check Tweed Jacket Nordstrom, $525.
- Sandro Denim Tweed Jacket Bloomingdale’s, $260. On sale. Also love this one.
Photo: Emmanuelle Alt, Leia Sfez, and Leandra Cohen.
- Manolo Blahnik Hangsisi Flat Nordstom,$995. Manolo Blahnik Hangsisi 3 1/2 inch pump Nordstrom, $995. First picture.
- Satin Sandal H&M, $39.99 Second picture.
- Loeffler Randall Camellia Revolve, $395. For a smaller heel Dahlia Knot Loeffler Randall, $350. Third picture.
- J. Crew Sophia Kitten Heel with Feather J. Crew, $178. 40% off with code SPLURGE. Love the feather detail!
- Badgley Mischka Lennon Skimmer Flat Nordstrom, $118
- Badgley Mischka Dash Sandal Nordstrom, $99
- J. Crew Pointy Toe Glitter Maryjane J. Crew, $198. 40% off.
- Athea Black Rhinestones Loeffler Randall, $395.
The sweater dress is making the rounds this season. Some options below.
- J Crew Marled Turtleneck Sweater Dress J. Crew, $198. Great sale happening at J.Crew 50% off regular priced items and 60% off sale. Check out the teddy bear coat and the nordic boot and tons of other great gifts here.
- A.L.C. Audrey Lurex Sweater Dress Intermix, $395.
- Nanushka Canaan Rib Long Sleeve Dress Nordstrom, $395.
- Topshop Turtleneck Sweater Dress Nordstrom, $75.
- All Saints Roza Long Sleeve Turtleneck Dress Nordstrom, $182.
- Frame Sequined Oversized Sweater Dress Intermix, $525.
My friend invited a group of us to her beautiful home in Sun Valley this past weekend. The weather was mid 50’s during the day and 20’s at night. What to pack?? Our hostess informed us to leave our Uggs at home (too LA) and pack flannels, boots, down jackets, and a hat. Shoes are always the hardest for me. I want to bring so many but I’m limited to what I can fit into my carry-on. I have the Hershell duffle and you would be surprised what you can squeeze in there. I ended up packing 3 pairs of boots, 1 pair of sneakers, 1 down vest, 1 down jacket, a peacoat, 3 pairs of jeans, and 3 sweaters. My complete packing list below.
My friend had two action packed days planned for us. First it was dinner Friday evening at The Covey. A beautiful restaurant that serves gourmet food with excellent service. Saturday we had brunch at Cristina’s which is a charming and intimate restaurant (check out the chef Cristina Ceccatelli’s cookbook Cristina’s Tuscan Table). After Cristina’s we walked around Sun Valley resort and stopped into Panache for a little retail therapy. Then it was iceskating at Sun Valley Lodge and cocktails at the hotel lounge. In the evening we had dinner at The Pioneer Saloon. The Saloon is a landmark restaurant that serves up hearty meals in a western style setting. We finished the night at Whisky Jacques for music, dancing, and pool. On Sunday morning we took a hike along the beautiful Big Wood River. Then it was time to catch our flight home. Sun Valley is a special town surrounded by scenic beauty. I can’t wait to go back!
- White + Warren Cashmere Zebra Sweater Revolve, $435.
- Tartan Plaid Shirt Madewell, $88.
- Everyday Cashmere Sweater J. Crew, $98.
- Puff Sleeve Sweater H&M, $49.99 This is a winner style from H&M this season. The ribbed turtleneck is great too.
- Amo Bella Cream Jean Shopbop, $260.
- Jenni Kayne Quilted down vest (from last season) similar one here by Canada Goose.
- Cropped Fleece Teddy Coat Zara, $89
- Jerome Dreyfuss Sandie Boot Revolve, $343.
- The Clair Lace Up Boot Madewell, $218.
- Jenni Kayne black lace ups (mine are sold) similar here.
- Moncler Lan Jacket SSENSE, $825.
- Mother Denim Stunner Shopbop, $228. I needed a skinny jeans to fit into my high boots.
- Veronica Beard Rugby Shopbop, $195.
- My peacoat is Sandro from a couple seasons ago. Goop has one and so does J. Crew & Mango.
- Brixton Ella Fedora Revolve, $69 & Ribbed Beanie Faux Fur Pom Pom J. Crew, $48.
- Re/Done 40’s Bomber Saks, $1,695. Fell in love with this leather bomber that I saw at Panache. So cute!
- Wool Ruffle Neck Sweater J. Crew, $89.50. 30% off with code FRIENDS.
- Khaite Benny Jean Ivory Neiman Marcus, $340. Also like these Frame Le High’s in Ivory.
- G Label Micheal Army Jacket Goop, $595. Look for less here.
- Jennifer Fisher x Goop Gold Hoop Earrings Goop, $200.
- Lele Sadoughi Leopard Print Knotted Headband Nordstrom, $65.
- See by Chloe Studded Ankle Boots Net-a-Porter, $475.
Pleats are front and center for fall being worn in leather, silk, and with asymmetrical hems.
- Faux Leather Skirt J. Crew, $120. Runs big size down almost sold out.
- Black PU Mini Skirt Topshop, $55.
- A.W.A.K.E Mode Double Trouble Midi Skirt Net-a-Porter, $625.
- Frankie Shop Chloe Asymmetrical Skirt Net-a-Porter, $200. Frankie Shop is all the rage and Net-a-Porter is carrying a small selection check it out here.
- Marni Asymmetric Satin Midi Skirt Moda Operandi, $1,390. Jennifer Laurence looked so cute wearing it! (pic of her in it here). She accessorized it with Amo tee, Garrett Leight sunglasses, and The Row Lunch bag.
- Ganni Pleated Georgette Skirt Shopbop, $170.
- Acne Bico Suiting Skirt Shopbop, $570.
- Pleated Midi Skirt J. Crew, $98.
- Ted Baker Colorblock Pleated Skirt Norstrom, $245.
- Vince Paneled Pleated Crepe Skirt Vince, $345.
Lots of New at Crew fall merchandise trickling into stores this week. It’s a great time to shop J.Crew all full priced merchandise is 30% off on-line only.
- Teddy Sherpa Coat J. Crew, $248. Who needs the $3700 Max Mara Teddy coat when J.Crew has this great look for less one.
- Polka Dot Tulle A Line Skirt J. Crew, $178. Add a white button down and ballet flats and you’re done!
- The Reeds x J. Crew Puff Sleeve Sweater J. Crew, $75. So cute!
- Faux Leather Pleated Midi Skirt J. Crew, $120. Lots of faux leather this season.
- Collection Pale Pink Faux Fur Coat J. Crew, $398.
- Balloon Sleeve Cardigan J. Crew, $118.
- Balloon Sleeve Turtleneck Sweater J. Crew, $98.
- Velvet Bow with Pearls J. Crew, $19.50. Almost exactly like the Jennifer Behr one. Also like the pearl barrettes and leopard turban headband.
J. Crew just rolled out new colorful hues of their Everyday Cashmere Sweater. What’s even more exciting is you can monogram your sweater which I LOVE! The camel color way with a JW is already in my cart (click here to shop). Some additional things to check out at J. Crew are this new Slip Skirt, Embroidered Blouse, Los Angeles Sweatshirt, Leopard Cashmere Sweater, and Ribbed Henley (use sale code FALLFAVES for 25% off).
SALE ALERT! Shopbop is having a shoe and bag sale with up to 75% off (shop here). Some standouts are this Simon Miller bag, Loeffler Randall booties, Ulla Johnson sandals, Clare V tote bag, Clare V midi sac, Sam Edelman sandals, and Alexandre Birman sandals.
Broderie white blouses have been a constant theme throughout the Summer. It’s so simple yet elegant paired with denim and slides. Some favorites below.
- Lucia Top Rebecca Minkoff, $168.
- Free People Letters to Juliet Top Shopbop, $78.
- Ganni Cotton Poplin Top Nordstrom, $145 additional sizing here.
- Embroidered Mockneck Top J Crew, $98.
- Topshop Ruffle Long Sleeve Top Nordstrom, $68.
- Short Sleeve Lace Detail Farm Rio, $100.
- Dahlia Top Reformation, $128.
- Ulla Johnson Lily Blouse Revolve, $445.
- Ulla Johnson Adelaide Eyelet Trim Blouse Nordstrom, $325 Top in 2nd pic.
- BB Dakota Eyelet Top Shopbop, $40.
Photo: Jessie Bush We The People
Def-initely Leopard for Fall 2019!
- J Crew Skinny Calf Hair Belt J Crew, $59.50.
- Leopard Bucket Hat Loeffler Randall, $60.
- Leopard Cashmere Everyday Crew J Crew, $128.
- Anine Bing Flynn Leopard Jacket Nordstrom, $349 also like Anine Bing Slip Skirt.
- AMO Loverboy Relaxed Straight Jean Shopbop, $275.
- Loeffler Randall Emi Sandal Shopbop, $350.
- Ganni Cotton Silk Dress Shopbop, $395 ( more sizing here) Mini version at Nordstrom here.
- Alexander McQueen Sneakers Matches Fashion, $560 look for less Steven raised sole sneaker.
- Clare V Clutch Shopbop, $245 and the Midi Sac.
- Loeffler Randall Knot Headband Shopbop, $65.
- Cheetah Pony Mule Jenni Kayne, $425 also like the Crossover Sandal. Look for less Sam Edelman Rodney Slide.
- One by Donni Fleece Pullover Shopbop, $109. Not pictured above.